Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Giving Marquez respect where respect is due

Hi folks. I haven't posted in awhile, but most of you who do remember me, know me as a Pinoy Pacquiao fan. Yes, I am nursing a minor depression, as that replay repeats over and over in my head. I'm from Daly City, the US capital for all Filipino Americans. We are hurting bad. Everyone trying process, analyze, and contrive excuses for what happened to PAC. But I am a BOXING fan long before I was a Pactard. That being said, you can't do anything but admire and acknowledge what Juan did. NO excuses. He destroyed my Uncle Manny.
    I just want to give respect to Juan Manuel Marquez for his tremendous performance. I train in boxing and as a right hander, I can appreciate the KTFO blow. Perfect positioning angle, accuracy, timing and execution. That's how you ice a pesky southpaw. The whole round, you could see Juan prepping the right hand counter as Pac aggressively attacked. He lined it up perfectly. Yes, I'm butthurt but damn that was beautiful. No lucky punch here...more like the perfect shot. It is an ode to his counter punching style. Let's not forget the prior knockdown he had on PAC. A perfect offensive right hand that landed clean on the button.
    I also want to say that I felt that Marquez also won their previous fights, even though I was cheering for PAC.
    Marquez is NOT on PEDS. He is just training for explosiveness much like a UFC fighter, football player, or crossfitter. No useless long distance running. He just modernized his training is all. Anyone who has trained with heavy squats, battle ropes, dumbell cleans and snatches, ladder drills, med ball throw, track sprints, etc. knows this. No mysterious added power from drugs...the gains are from the hard work. Give him his credit. And PEDS don't determine punch accuracy and in fight cerebral generalship. Most people who accuse atheletes of PEDS don't even work out.
    In the end, I just want to say VIVA MEXICO. After 8 years of controversy, justice has been served to you in the best way it could have. He truly is a Mexican great. Tough like Chavez but a great boxing technician like Salvador Sanchez.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Giving Marquez respect where respect is due

Great post from a Pac fan. I like both fighters, so I was not overly overjoyed about Pac getting KTFO'ed. I was, however, glad the fight ended decisively and without controversy. It was tremendously entertaining while it lasted, and not one-sided in the least. Both fighters had scored knockdowns.

You have absolutely nothing to hang your head about. Pac has given us more than his share of great fights... and he's always come across as a humble, nice guy. Kudos to him for that. His personal life and troubles are his own... nobody else's business. Whether he chooses to retire, or fight on.... his legacy as an all-time great is already cemented. Marquez is also a personable, humble human being. He's great to watch fight... and I like him as a person also. If Pac had to lose to someone like that, who better than Marquez, who like you said had been victimized by a couple of very controversial decisions.

I can relate to your feelings, as I myself am a fan of most of our local fighters over here... and I feel their losses very much.

Thread Information