Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default 98 Press/Fan scores from the Adamek vs Cunningham fight

I thought i was finished for the year until i recieved many PMs and tweets asking me to collect scores on this fight LOL

Results are pretty conclusive and are in my fightscorecollector site (in the signature below)

23 Press scores, 75 Fan scores

Thanks again for posting scores throughout the year.

Fightscorecollector
    Hidden Content

collecting scores from the best boxing sites and forums

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 98 Press/Fan scores from the Adamek vs Cunningham fight

Quote Originally Posted by fightscorecollector View Post
    I thought i was finished for the year until i recieved many PMs and tweets asking me to collect scores on this fight LOL

Results are pretty conclusive and are in my fightscorecollector site (in the signature below)

Fightscorecollector
    Wow I did not think the overwhelming majority would have uss winning, I thought it be split a bit more evenly, like it was on our own forum. I really didn't think it was a bad decision at all but I guess I may have to rewatch it, I just thought there were so many close rounds, and depending what ya prefer in the close rounds decides the outcome...although some of those score 118-110 and even 119-109 are an absolute joke, so I'm going to take it all with a grain of salt.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post

Fightscorecollector
    Wow I did not think the overwhelming majority would have uss winning, I thought it be split a bit more evenly, like it was on our own forum. I really didn't think it was a bad decision at all but I guess I may have to rewatch it, I just thought there were so many close rounds, and depending what ya prefer in the close rounds decides the outcome...although some of those score 118-110 and even 119-109 are an absolute joke, so I'm going to take it all with a grain of salt.
    It was a close fight that could have gone either way.
    I think the judges had the right guy winning, but a draw or Cunningham winning would have been OK with me too.
    I'd like to see them fight again if possible, to see if Adamek can be more convincing.
    BAD LEFT HOOK said their own Ryan Bivens, on press row, had it 118-111 for Cunningham. Apparently Mr. Bivens didn't see it as a close fight at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only press guy who has Adamek winning was Harold Lederman, quite amusing.
    maineventboxing.wordpress.com - my mates boxing blog, check it out for fight articles and fight predictions

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People need to stop making a big deal about close fights going against the underdog. Fight was not a robbery in any way. It was a close fight that could have gone either way and scoring it as always is subjective.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i have another 4-5 scores to add from press and twitter fans, all have scored for Cunningham
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i have another 4-5 scores to add from press and twitter fans, all have scored for Cunningham
    The problem, in my opinion, is everyone does not use the same standards to judge a fight.

In my opinion, fights should be judged on effective aggression, harder punches landed and ring control. Effective aggression should be most important.

If aggression is not the most important thing being judged, you wind up with two people circling each other, jabbing, jabbing and waiting to counter which makes for a dull fight with a lot of booing. Even the fact that Adamek was trying to steal the rounds during the last 10- 15 seconds was an aggressive tactic and might have convinced the judges he wanted it more.

I'm not a judge, have never been trained to judge and there are plenty of fans who will disagree with me, but I think giving the more aggressive fighter an edge in judging sends a clear message to every boxer, trainer, matchmaker and promoter what the fans want are action packed fights.

Cunningham had some good rounds and great moments in that fight, I especially liked the fact that he kept fighting as he was retreating and gave Adamek all he had.

What do you think? You might convince me I'm wrong but I doubt it.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    The problem, in my opinion, is everyone does not use the same standards to judge a fight.

In my opinion, fights should be judged on effective aggression, harder punches landed and ring control. Effective aggression should be most important.

If aggression is not the most important thing being judged, you wind up with two people circling each other, jabbing, jabbing and waiting to counter which makes for a dull fight with a lot of booing. Even the fact that Adamek was trying to steal the rounds during the last 10- 15 seconds was an aggressive tactic and might have convinced the judges he wanted it more.

I'm not a judge, have never been trained to judge and there are plenty of fans who will disagree with me, but I think giving the more aggressive fighter an edge in judging sends a clear message to every boxer, trainer, matchmaker and promoter what the fans want are action packed fights.

Cunningham had some good rounds and great moments in that fight, I especially liked the fact that he kept fighting as he was retreating and gave Adamek all he had.

Cunningham controlled more of the fight and for the most part the majority of each rd. I think Adamek stole some rounds in the last 15 seconds and that's always been a pet peeve of mine even when Ali did it. Sure Adamek kept coming forward but he was missing and being force fed jabs as well as eating many big right hands. That is not effective aggression.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post

Cunningham controlled more of the fight and for the most part the majority of each rd. I think Adamek stole some rounds in the last 15 seconds and that's always been a pet peeve of mine even when Ali did it. Sure Adamek kept coming forward but he was missing and being force fed jabs as well as eating many big right hands. That is not effective aggression.
    That's THE QUESTION. What does each judge see as effective aggression?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My 2nd article with MY scorecard is now on the fightscorecollector site (in the signature below)

I have explained why i thought Cunningham won the fight and why Adamek should NOT have got that decision.

cheers for any comments
    Hidden Content

Thread Information