Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Chris Arreola vs Bermane Stiverne still on - headlining BAD.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Chris Arreola vs Bermane Stiverne still on - headlining BAD.

We have had this one published a couple days, just got it in the forum now. Enjoy - http://www.saddoboxing.com/20554-chris-arreola-vs-bermane-stiverne.html

Leave comments, questions below. The heavyweight clash is on still despite the canceling of Ward-Pavlik. Now part of Boxing after Dark

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chris Arreola vs Bermane Stiverne still on - headlining BAD.

Never seen Stiverne, but remember Lyle saying he's a hard puncher so it should be good.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Never seen Stiverne, but remember Lyle saying he's a hard puncher so it should be good.
    Probably just a subtle way of making Vitalis win over Arreola look better in Lyles mind, I bet Stiverne is junk

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Probably just a subtle way of making Vitalis win over Arreola look better in Lyles mind, I bet Stiverne is junk
    I've only seen him twice and he didn't look all that impressive, I'm pretty sure a semi decent in shape arreola beats him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stiverne was getting out hustled by a 40 year old Ray Austin. Granted Austin is about 6'7" and a very very good boxer. Just don't look at that stoppage win as anything special. If anything it was his biggest blemish. If he lost he probably would have learned more from his mistakes.

At this point, being a smaller heavyweight, you have to wonder if Stiverne has been staying in the gym. He really packs a punch, but he does not have a style that really wins rounds easily unless he is pummeling them.

Arreola on the other hand throws more punches, and can win rounds on his activity and style. I think if anything Arreola is on the upswing of his career, versus Stiverne who gets his biggest win, and fades away into obscurity. Arreola is a difficult draw for a lot of fighters because his stock is still low, and he is really good. That being said, this would still be a huge win for Arreola, and a big step in the right direction.
    Arreola TKO8
    Last edited by JonnyFolds; 01-06-2013 at 09:55 PM.
    "Floyd needs to inject Xylocaine into his balls to gain the courage to fight Pacquiao."

- and I quote from some random guy on the internet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyFolds View Post
    Stiverne was getting out hustled by a 40 year old Ray Austin. Granted Austin is about 6'7" and a very very good boxer. Just don't look at that stoppage win as anything special. If anything it was his biggest blemish. If he lost he probably would have learned more from his mistakes.

At this point, being a smaller heavyweight, you have to wonder if Stiverne has been staying in the gym. He really packs a punch, but he does not have a style that really wins rounds easily unless he is pummeling them.

Arreola on the other hand throws more punches, and can win rounds on his activity and style. I think if anything Arreola is on the upswing of his career, versus Stiverne who gets his biggest win, and fades away into obscurity. Arreola is a difficult draw for a lot of fighters because his stock is still low, and he is really good. That being said, this would still be a huge win for Arreola, and a big step in the right direction.
    Arreola TKO8
    Id expect a shorter fight, Arreola will be on him from the start and Bermane will be stuck in many exchanges.

Thread Information