Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: NFL playoffs 2013 thread

I'm off to watch the Broncos-Ravens at my brother's house.

Go Broncos!!!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That Ravens touchdown at the end of the second half was one of the strangest things I've seen in a long time. It was like in slow motion. The ball hung in the air forever and until the very last second it looked like it was going to be an easy interception for the safety. What a fuckup.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    That Ravens touchdown at the end of the second half was one of the strangest things I've seen in a long time. It was like in slow motion. The ball hung in the air forever and until the very last second it looked like it was going to be an easy interception for the safety. What a fuckup.

I just don't get it...there's less than two minutes to go, you know Flacco's got a big arm, so how the f**k does the WR find himself in two yards of space deeper than the defence? I can tell you...Flacco is going for the long bomb. He's tried it with a 50% success rate earlier in the game, yet a vet like Champ Bailey still gets done all ends up.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was just weird. Even though Bailey got beat the safety was originally in perfect position to make a play. It's just like he misjudged it or something.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ravens win!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Being from Maryland that is great news. Payton Manning is the biggest choke QB in NLF history.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    It was just weird. Even though Bailey got beat the safety was originally in perfect position to make a play. It's just like he misjudged it or something.
    At least I got to learn what happens if the overtime quarter runs out in the post season. I was hoping there might be some sort of field-goal penalty shoot-out, with all of the players taking kicks.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kaepernick played lights out football this evening.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man I SUCK at this prediction shit.

I'm 0-2 already and tomorrow there's two more games. Never in a million years did I think the Ravens would beat the Broncos at Denver. Denver's secondary totally sucks. That last TD pass by Flacco was inexcusable. I've seen defensive coordinators get fired over less than that. And San Francisco was just out of this world awesome. Harbaugh looks like a genius now for sitting Alex Smith and replacing him with Kaepernick. What a freak of nature this guy is!! Almost 200 yards rushing. Damn.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

I'm 0-2 already and tomorrow there's two more games. Never in a million years did I think the Ravens would beat the Broncos at Denver. Denver's secondary totally sucks. That last TD pass by Flacco was inexcusable. I've seen defensive coordinators get fired over less than that. And San Francisco was just out of this world awesome. Harbaugh looks like a genius now for sitting Alex Smith and replacing him with Kaepernick. What a freak of nature this guy is!! Almost 200 yards rushing. Damn.
    Hate to discredit a performance like that but the Packers D helped a ton to make Kaepernick look like a superstar. I doubt he can repeat anything close to that on the road next week or ever. He certainly couldn't do shit in Seattle a few weeks ago.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post

Hate to discredit a performance like that but the Packers D helped a ton to make Kaepernick look like a superstar. I doubt he can repeat anything close to that on the road next week or ever. He certainly couldn't do shit in Seattle a few weeks ago.

In a way I hope you're right, 'cause of the 4 teams left in the playoffs now, I'm leaning toward the Patriots. But if the 49ers beat the Falcons next week and Kaepernick puts on a similar display in the SB, they could find themselves SB champs. Personally, I don't think Atlanta gets by San Francisco, not because necessarily because of Kaepernick, but just the whole team matchup. I'm also thinking Baltimore's emotional ride comes to an end next week in Foxboro. So although I finished 2-2 for the 2nd straight week, I'll give the predictions another try:

49ers 27, Falcons 21

Patriots 31, Ravens 16

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In a way I hope you're right, 'cause of the 4 teams left in the playoffs now, I'm leaning toward the Patriots. But if the 49ers beat the Falcons next week and Kaepernick puts on a similar display in the SB, they could find themselves SB champs. Personally, I don't think Atlanta gets by San Francisco, not because necessarily because of Kaepernick, but just the whole team matchup. I'm also thinking Baltimore's emotional ride comes to an end next week in Foxboro. So although I finished 2-2 for the 2nd straight week, I'll give the predictions another try:

49ers 27, Falcons 21

Patriots 31, Ravens 16
    I usually go with the NFC West teams but I gotta root for Tony G. Maybe the greatest Tight End ever. Also the Patriots and Tom Brady always been my favorite in the AFC but again another great is retiring, Ray Lewis so I'm rooting for a superbowl including two of the greatest at the position before they retire.

Falcons over Niners
    Ravens over Patriots

Tong.G vs Ray Ray. Who will retire with a superbowl win?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

49ers 27, Falcons 21

Patriots 31, Ravens 16
    I usually go with the NFC West teams but I gotta root for Tony G. Maybe the greatest Tight End ever. Also the Patriots and Tom Brady always been my favorite in the AFC but again another great is retiring, Ray Lewis so I'm rooting for a superbowl including two of the greatest at the position before they retire.

Falcons over Niners
    Ravens over Patriots

Tong.G vs Ray Ray. Who will retire with a superbowl win?

Going with the sentimental favorites, eh?

I myself had one of those. I was rooting for the Broncos, not because I'm a huge Denver fan, but because of Peyton Manning. The fact that this cat had 4 neck surgeries and brought the Broncos to the brink (not to mention a 1st round bye) is beyond admirable. But alas it wasn't meant to be. There was that Ray guy on the other team.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good thread @TitoFan, So now it's San Francisco vs. Atlanta @3:00 PM ET, and Baltimore vs New England @6:30 PM ET Sunday.

I'm sick about my Texans who went to shit when it counted at the end of the season.

cheers

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not picking. I suck at calling pro games.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Good thread @TitoFan , So now it's San Francisco vs. Atlanta @3:00 PM ET, and Baltimore vs New England @6:30 PM ET Sunday.

I'm sick about my Texans who went to shit when it counted at the end of the season.

cheers

Thanks, @Mars_ax. NFL fans are in a definite minority here, but I thought it would be nice to have a thread for those of us who do follow the game. I always look forward to this part of the year, because I tend to OD on football during Wild Card and Divisional Playoffs weekends. The Super Bowl is actually kind of a downer (unless the game is competitive, as it has been as of late), because after it's over there's no more football for about 6-7 months.

I think the Texans would've had better luck against the Ravens or someone like that... but they had the misfortune of meeting up with Brady and the Patriots in Foxboro. Steep hill to climb.

Thread Information