Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default NFL playoffs 2013 thread

I understand there's few NFL fans here (at least those who post regularly)... but I for one am happy to see the NFL playoffs arrive. It's Wild Card weekend, with a full slate of games being televised. Let me throw in a few predictions:

Cincinnati Bengals at Houston Texans:

Everyone feels the Texans are ripe for the picking. They seem to have dropped off from their peak earlier in the season, while the Bengals have an underrated defense and a pretty good passing game. I'll go with the majority, because defense wins playoff games. But Houston will make it close.

Bengals 24, Texans 20

Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers:

Adrian Peterson is an awesome force, but the rest of the Viking offense leaves something to be desired. Green Bay has all their receivers back and are playing at home. This one won't be as close.

Packers 31, Vikings 17

Seattle Seahawks at Washington Redskins:

RG3 is good, but he's not at 100%. Russell Wilson is pretty good too, and has an awesome defense backing him up. Everybody's on the Seattle bandwagon. But they're much better at home than away, and the Redskins will have the definite homefield advantage. I'll go against conventional wisdom here and pick the Redskins.

Redskins 20, Seahawks 17

Indianapolis Colts at Baltimore Ravens:

Most are picking the Ravens due to the playoff experience. The Colts have overachieved this season, but I think the wheels might come off against the seasoned Ravens at Baltimore. There will probably be a lot of scoring.

Ravens 35, Colts 27

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: NFL playoffs 2013 thread

Looking forward to this weekend, and as a Vikings fan I'll be up till 4am (unless they get whipped in the first half) despite having a morning shift tomorrow.

I know Houston have had a big dip in form, but I can't see them losing to the Bengals. Wilson v RG3 is a fascinating match up, and I reckon RG3 can see it through for the wildcard round at least. Never liked the Ravens, so I hope the Colts win that one.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are 1-1 so far

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man, Dalton missed a few key throws tonight and I think if he had connected the Bengals would have won as I thought they would. Credit to the Houston defense though because Cincinatti's offense didn't do a darn thing

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The two teams I cheer for are the Seahawks and the Bengals. 0/1 so far and, if I was a betting man, I'd be putting my money on the Redskins tomorrow. Seattle is just a different team on the road.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I understand there's few NFL fans here (at least those who post regularly)... but I for one am happy to see the NFL playoffs arrive. It's Wild Card weekend, with a full slate of games being televised. Let me throw in a few predictions:

Cincinnati Bengals at Houston Texans:

Everyone feels the Texans are ripe for the picking. They seem to have dropped off from their peak earlier in the season, while the Bengals have an underrated defense and a pretty good passing game. I'll go with the majority, because defense wins playoff games. But Houston will make it close.

Bengals 24, Texans 20

Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers:

Adrian Peterson is an awesome force, but the rest of the Viking offense leaves something to be desired. Green Bay has all their receivers back and are playing at home. This one won't be as close.

Packers 31, Vikings 17

Seattle Seahawks at Washington Redskins:

RG3 is good, but he's not at 100%. Russell Wilson is pretty good too, and has an awesome defense backing him up. Everybody's on the Seattle bandwagon. But they're much better at home than away, and the Redskins will have the definite homefield advantage. I'll go against conventional wisdom here and pick the Redskins.

Redskins 20, Seahawks 17

Indianapolis Colts at Baltimore Ravens:

Most are picking the Ravens due to the playoff experience. The Colts have overachieved this season, but I think the wheels might come off against the seasoned Ravens at Baltimore. There will probably be a lot of scoring.

Ravens 35, Colts 27

I was 2-2 this weekend. I guess ESPN won't come knocking anytime soon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Picked every game correctly except the Texans vs Bengals. I really thought Houston was ripe for the upset but Cincy's offense was ineffective

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Since I was so good last week (yeah, right... 2-2), I'll try my hand at this prediction stuff again this week. This weekend are the Divisional Playoffs, and hopefully I'll get to watch every one of the 4 games. This is the way I see it going down:

Houston Texans at New England Patriots

Probably the easiest game to pick. No way will the Texans beat the Patriots in Foxboro. Brady and the Patriot offense is on fire... and the defense is coming around also. Houston is good, but the defense has been a disappointment lately.

Patriots 31, Texans 20

Baltimore Ravens at Denver Broncos

Baltimore coming off an emotional win over Indianapolis and traveling to Denver. Peyton Manning is probably on a hotter streak than Brady right now. The Denver defense is not bad. This is the second easiest game to call this weekend.

Broncos 27, Ravens 13

Seattle Seahawks at Atlanta Falcons

Seattle is on a definite hot streak right now and is the popular choice. Atlanta has a history of meltdowns once it gets to the playoffs. But the Falcons have some key weapons in Julio Jones, Roddy White, and Tony Gonzalez. This has the makings of a close game. But I'm going to lean toward the home team again.

Falcons 28, Seahawks 24

Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers

Green Bay's receivers are healthy... and Rodgers is looking to make amends for last year's playoff failures. San Francisco is good, but they have a largely unproven entity at quarterback. Kaepernick is good... but unproven in playoff games. On this one I'll go with the visitors.

Packers 30, 49ers 20

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I always look at the NFL as a bit of a let down after bowl season but I think Denver wins the whole thing. Peaking at the right time with healthy playmakers on both sides of the line of scrimmage

Pats 35 - Houston 20
    Denver 31 - Baltimore 17
    Seattle 20 - Atlanta 16
    GB 17 - SF 12
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm with VictorCharlie in terms of results, but score-picking is a real tough game, so I'll put down a winning margin:

Patriots beat Texans by ten
    Broncos beat Baltimore by fifteen
    Seahawks beat Falcons by three in o/t
    Packers beat 49ers by eight

I'm working most of the weekend, so I'll probably pick up just highlights for this round of games, and maybe the end of the Sunday night game.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    I'm with VictorCharlie in terms of results, but score-picking is a real tough game, so I'll put down a winning margin:

Patriots beat Texans by ten
    Broncos beat Baltimore by fifteen
    Seahawks beat Falcons by three in o/t
    Packers beat 49ers by eight

I'm working most of the weekend, so I'll probably pick up just highlights for this round of games, and maybe the end of the Sunday night game.

I half-heartedly picked the Falcons... but I'll stick with my pick.
    If the Seahawks pull it off, however, it's gonna be one helluva NFC championship game.
    No matter who the opponent is.

Thread Information