Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Where do you rank Wladimir among the all-time HWs?

Voters
27. This poll is closed

1 3.70%
  • #2-5

3 11.11%
  • #6-10

6 22.22%
  • #10-15

8 29.63%
  • #16-20

6 22.22%
  • #21-30

2 7.41%
  • #30-50

0 0%
  • below the top 50

1 3.70%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Where do you rank Wladimir Klitschko among the all-time heavyweights?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Where do you rank Wladimir Klitschko among the all-time heavyweights?

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    its effective against the mediocrity both brothers have faced since 2000. true.

Does anyone really think Jack Johnson or Joe Louis or Jack Dempsey for cryin out loud wouldnt utterly SMOKE these faggots in a few rounds?
    No way. At the very least, there is no way to know because they haven't been tested. But now we're talking about literally the all-time best heavyweights. The question to ask is how would they fare against top 25 guys, like Max Baer, Gene Tunney, Ken Norton etc.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Where do you rank Wladimir Klitschko among the all-time heavyweights?

@brocktonblockbust - question for you. Can you explain why Gene Tunney isn't ranked higher on the all-time list when he beat Dempsey twice?

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    @brocktonblockbust - question for you. Can you explain why Gene Tunney isn't ranked higher on the all-time list when he beat Dempsey twice?
    Dempsey was loved so much that they believe that Tunney only won because Jack got old. Also Tunney fought one other defence and retired. No legacy as champion.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would any of the 30 fighters below have lost to anybody that either Wlad or Vitali beat?

MUHAMMAD ALI TOMMY MORRISON TIM WITHERSPOON SONNY LISTON SAM LANGFORD ROCKY MARCIANO RIDDICK BOWE RAY MERCER MIKE TYSON MICHAEL SPINKS MAXIE ROSENBLOOM MAX SCHMELING MAX BAER LENNOX LEWIS LARRY HOLMES KEN NORTON JOE LOUIS JOE FRAZIER JIMMY BIVINS JERSEY JOE WALCOT JACK JOHNSON JACK DEMPSEY HARRY WILLS HAROLD JOHNSON GEORGE FOREMAN GENE TUNNEY FLOYD PATTERSON EZZARD CHARLES EVANDER HOLYFIELD ARCHIE MOORE
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

MAXIE ROSENBLOOM ? who was that Big H?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well to start Big h Max is not that great of a heavywieght lost to lesser fighters. Gene Tunny not even a heavyweight by today standards and have problem with there size how many fights have you seen of him by the way. Patterson had no chin and lost to alot heavyweights not all of them great and his best weight was lhw. Jack johnson have no chance at all he lost to a lot of no bodys as well back in the early 1900s. Walcott was beaten by lesser fighters as well and Charles best weight was lhw not heavyweight. Spinks got gifts vs Holmes and best win is fucking washed up Cooney. Max Bear don't make me laugh sames goes for Moore best thing at lhw not hw i think your just hatting i can agree with the some of the fighters you posted like Holmes, Ali, Holyfield and Lennox still not sure about the old old fighters that we seen like none of though.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have tried hating the Klit brothers but I can’t. They are good and articulate guys who actually are tidying up the division from the dross that is there. Otherwise we will get poor champions. They probably do load the contracts in their favour when they can but they have fought in US and would come to England if necessary. They are in control of their careers and should be saluted for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    Would any of the 30 fighters below have lost to anybody that either Wlad or Vitali beat?

MUHAMMAD ALI TOMMY MORRISON TIM WITHERSPOON SONNY LISTON SAM LANGFORD ROCKY MARCIANO RIDDICK BOWE RAY MERCER MIKE TYSON MICHAEL SPINKS MAXIE ROSENBLOOM MAX SCHMELING MAX BAER LENNOX LEWIS LARRY HOLMES KEN NORTON JOE LOUIS JOE FRAZIER JIMMY BIVINS JERSEY JOE WALCOT JACK JOHNSON JACK DEMPSEY HARRY WILLS HAROLD JOHNSON GEORGE FOREMAN GENE TUNNEY FLOYD PATTERSON EZZARD CHARLES EVANDER HOLYFIELD ARCHIE MOORE
    Tommy Morrison? Tim Witherspoon? Ray Mercer? Any other straws you fancy clutching at?

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthepen View Post

Tommy Morrison? Tim Witherspoon? Ray Mercer? Any other straws you fancy clutching at?
    Big H said their opponents not the brothers themselves.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea that is what i dont get Big H is bringing up really old fighters with like no footage of then fighters that would not even be heavyweights today. I understand some of the fighters but then he just stretching it.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who that either Klit has beaten, would those 3 guys not also have beaten?
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Big H said their opponents not the brothers themselves.
    I can read, but I'd say Haye and, Byrd beat all three. I'd pick Arreola to beat Morrison, who couldn't get past Purrity that Vitali stopped.

How many of Holmes opponents would beat the guys above? Or Marciano's?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a shit era but I think the Klits (ridculous tag team partnership ) would have beat loads of "great" heavyweights.

Even David Haye would have been 50/50 with lots of the smaller "greats."
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well the fighters he mention Like Max, Patterson, Morrison and Bear lost to nobodies in there own eras. The others he named were great lhw and never did anything at hw really. And the others are so old he does not even know how good they are. If you look at Jack Johnson record he lost to people we don't even know about. I think people today would do just fine against people form early eras just on size alone i mean some of the earlier guys were not even fucking heavyweights by today standards just a dumb thing to say.
    Last edited by Mr140; 01-23-2013 at 10:16 PM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    This is a shit era but I think the Klits (ridculous tag team partnership ) would have beat loads of "great" heavyweights.

Even David Haye would have been 50/50 with lots of the smaller "greats."
    Haye is dogshit!

Thread Information