Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Where do you rank Wladimir among the all-time HWs?

Voters
27. This poll is closed

1 3.70%
  • #2-5

3 11.11%
  • #6-10

6 22.22%
  • #10-15

8 29.63%
  • #16-20

6 22.22%
  • #21-30

2 7.41%
  • #30-50

0 0%
  • below the top 50

1 3.70%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Where do you rank Wladimir Klitschko among the all-time heavyweights?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Where do you rank Wladimir Klitschko among the all-time heavyweights?

Well what about Bryde then Big h don't think he could beat them. Because in his prime Bryde was pretty damn good heavyweight and Wlad destroyed him with out even trying really.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Where do you rank Wladimir Klitschko among the all-time heavyweights?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Well what about Bryde then Big h don't think he could beat them. Because in his prime Bryde was pretty damn good heavyweight and Wlad destroyed him with out even trying really.
    I think the 3 mentioned would all brutalize Byrd!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    This is a shit era but I think the Klits (ridculous tag team partnership ) would have beat loads of "great" heavyweights.

Even David Haye would have been 50/50 with lots of the smaller "greats."
    Haye is dogshit!
    You're the one throwing Tommy Morrison in the mix. Why not chuck in Michael Bentt too?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like Tua did?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthepen View Post
    This is a shit era but I think the Klits (ridculous tag team partnership ) would have beat loads of "great" heavyweights.

Haye is dogshit!
    You're the one throwing Tommy Morrison in the mix. Why not chuck in Michael Bentt too?
    Morrison was chinny, but he wasn't Dogshit!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthepen View Post
    Like Tua did?
    I'll give Byrd credit for that, it's his best win!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well then i think you a just hater on the brothers and people in this era. Its not the greatest but the fighters in the mention in your post were not great and lost to worst fighters then Haye or Bryde.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well then i think you a just hater on the brothers and people in this era. Its not the greatest but the fighters in the mention in your post were not great and lost to worst fighters then Haye or Bryde.
    To the contrary, I really like the brothers and have constantly said "It's not their fault who was available to fight them" and "They could be the greatest 2 HWs ever, we just don't know how good they are because their era was sooo bad"

This era is the worst in my lifetime and the worst since the 50s imo

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye is dogshit!
    Yeah that maybe so, but I still reckon he'd have a chance against the small fighters from the past, he'd actually be bigger than some, and there's a good chance he irons out modern guys like Morrison
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    @brocktonblockbust - question for you. Can you explain why Gene Tunney isn't ranked higher on the all-time list when he beat Dempsey twice?
    Dempsey was loved so much that they believe that Tunney only won because Jack got old. Also Tunney fought one other defence and retired. No legacy as champion.
    Marciano only beat an old Louis and Jersey Joe though, right? A win over Dempsey, albeit an old one, still should be valuable in ranking.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Phil,

No one on this forum seems to put Wlad in the top ten.
    A top 10 is meaningless and subjective and ultimately proves nothing....

U have your opinions i have mine.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@brocktonblockbust - question for you. Can you explain why Gene Tunney isn't ranked higher on the all-time list when he beat Dempsey twice?
    Dempsey was loved so much that they believe that Tunney only won because Jack got old. Also Tunney fought one other defence and retired. No legacy as champion.
    Marciano only beat an old Louis and Jersey Joe though, right? A win over Dempsey, albeit an old one, still should be valuable in ranking.
    Marciano had a lot more defences of the title and Tunney retired after 2.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Against whom? The K-Bros have a lot of defenses too, but again, against whom?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok ran how do you think Gene Tunney would do with today's heavyweights i think he would get crushed. As for his ranking many people rank him as a lhw not a hw because his best wins were there.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Against whom? The K-Bros have a lot of defenses too, but again, against whom?
    Archie Moore was just coming into his prime at 38 believe it or not. Archie was at his best game at the time he fought Marciano. Archie himself said he never trained better nor felt better for any fight than that one against Marciano. Archie was pushing and pushing for that fight for months and months and was a 1-Man Show Self-Promoting Machine, writing letters to everyone and anyone who could get the fight to happen. He publicly stated that Marciano was afraid of him and that Marciano "could not hit him with the right hand." He was very confident of victory and said the day before the fight to Don Dunphy that Marciano's skills were amateurish and that Marciano didn't even know how to feint. etc....Archie Moore went on after fighting Marciano to have about 25 more fights and held onto the Title Belt for many more title defenses. He fought until 1965 I believe. It is seriously hard to swallow that Archie Moore was a piece of crap at the time he fought Rocky Marciano.

Ezzard Charles was only 31 years old in their first fight and 32 in their second fight. Yes he had gone through many wars, blah blah bah, but he was not old. By no means. A young strong alltime great he was in both fights with Rocky.

Roland La Starza was a boxing wizard who really almost beat Rocky in their first fight if Rock hadnt knocked him down for the extra point system they were using at that time in case of a split decision or draw. La Starza was actually younger than Marciano and a big strong guy with outstanding boxing skills.

Don Cockell---the British Heavyweight Champion. Is that now an honor and a status that means absolutely shite? Ol' Don outweighed Rocky by some 25 pounds. That alone is an enormous weight for Rocky to try to rock around the ring with his punches, and yet he surely did it. Cockell was a tough guy, I dont want anybody denigrating him here. Don Cockell was an upstanding guy and a good boxer with some unique moves, and had a really REALLY good chin. Not a fighter to take lightly unless you think YOU could be British HW Champion. Cockell was also younger than Rocky.

OK Joe Walcott was on his way out for sure but nothing about being 38 should have stopped him in the FIRST ROUND of the FIRST FIGHT from finishing off poor "amateurish" Rocky. He had marciano down and out in the first minute of the fight. Hammering jolting shots with both hands which lifted little Rocky off the ground. Watch the fucking videos. That fight should have been like Foreman-Frazier One. No reason for Rocky to take that amount of cruel punishment to the head and body in the first 6 minutes of the fight and hope to have anything left to try and finish the fight let alone win it. In the 10th round Marcinao got hit with 2 heart punches that were so brutal that Don Dunphy claims he heard several people in the first row gasp. Also after the beating Walcott gave Marciano in the 12th round, several people yelled to the referee to stop the fight. Dunphy said he he "did not think from (his) experience that Marciano would be able to come out for the 13th round."

Are you saying if Walcott had been younger he woulda nailed Marciano with even more and more shots than he already did and Rocky would have stayed down? Yeah, OK

Thread Information