Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Where do you rank Wladimir among the all-time HWs?

Voters
27. This poll is closed

1 3.70%
  • #2-5

3 11.11%
  • #6-10

6 22.22%
  • #10-15

8 29.63%
  • #16-20

6 22.22%
  • #21-30

2 7.41%
  • #30-50

0 0%
  • below the top 50

1 3.70%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where do you rank Wladimir Klitschko among the all-time heavyweights?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Where do you rank Wladimir Klitschko among the all-time heavyweights?

Based on what he's done so far in his career, where do you rank Wladimir Klitschko among the all-time heavyweights?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Where do you rank Wladimir Klitschko among the all-time heavyweights?

I hate to rank a guy before he retires. Wladimir is very good though. Recently, Ring Magazine put out an article that asked how Wladimir would have fared against the best heavyweights of yesteryear. Most of the experts thought he would beat Floyd Patterson, but would lose to the rest of the normal bunch considered the top heavyweights of all-time.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Where do you rank Wladimir Klitschko among the all-time heavyweights?

I have mixed feelings on the guy. The Wlad that had not learned how to hold and clinch would have had a short life span in certain eras but the Wlad that learned how to apply those attributes from Manny is a different animal. Its probably the reason that he is encroaching on the longevity of Louis. I don't like the way he fights and find him and the division a bore fest but I think this version of Wlad is a problem in any era.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

closing in on top 10 if he's not already there

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Based on what he's done so far in his career, where do you rank Wladimir Klitschko among the all-time heavyweights?
    Somewhere in the top 15 right now, but if Wlad keeps winning and finishes out his career without another loss, somewhere in the top 10.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he's in the top 10. Hard to argue with a guy who has dominated an era and negates the skills of nearly every one of his opponents. He's probably at around 9 or 10 now but if he keeps winning he'll climb.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Guys like The Big Cat and Brown Bomber and Manassa Mauler and Iron Mike all smoke prime Wlad and those guys arent even all in the top 5 or 6.

Wlad and his bro arent even in the Top 12. Starting with 13 or 14 I can consider rating them.
    Certainly not before Larry Holmes or Joe Louis or Ali or Foreman or Lennox. Not fucking goddamned way

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's talk about it. Who ranks above Wlad? Clearly, Louis, Ali, Dempsey, Foreman, Holmes, Marciano, Frazier, Lewis, Holmes, Johnson,

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Let's talk about it. Who ranks above Wlad? Clearly, Louis, Ali, Dempsey, Foreman, Holmes, Marciano, Frazier, Lewis, Holmes, Johnson,

Its an odd thing these rankings all time.It may not be popular but I have always felt that Foreman, Marciano and Holmes have been overrated and that guys like McVey, Young, Lanford and Wills have been underrated if not down right ignored.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

Its an odd thing these rankings all time.It may not be popular but I have always felt that Foreman, Marciano and Holmes have been overrated and that guys like McVey, Young, Lanford and Wills have been underrated if not down right ignored.
    its a never ending pleasure to debate it though. Langford was surely underrated as was O Sullivan. Talk about underrated James J Braddock and how about Gene Tunney.
    Marciano overrated is tough because he never lost so how else can you measure him?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Too hard to judge, as we have no idea how good he is, because his best opponent is Sam Peter. Regardless of what he has done since, it's hard to have a guy top 10 that lost to Ross Purity, Lamont Brewster and Corrie Sanders (especially the manner of the losses)

He could be one of the greatest ever, but (through no fault of his own,) he has not been able to prove it by fighting any fighter that the top 50 heavyweights of all time would not also have beaten!!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wlad is the most boring HW champ of all time in and out of the ring, boring defensive style, takes no risks boring voice, killer of HW boxing

however, id say he beats all but lewis and it would be a close fight him and his brother in their primes
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    wlad is the most boring HW champ of all time in and out of the ring, boring defensive style, takes no risks boring voice, killer of HW boxing

however, id say he beats all but lewis and it would be a close fight him and his brother in their primes
    and Purity and Sanders and Brewster
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holding is an offence and nobody docks points.

Wladimir is crap and is rated nowhere, because he is crap.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

and Purity and Sanders and Brewster
    mate things are very different now

you cant compare the wlad that lost those fights with the wlad of today
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Thread Information