0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Orlando Salido vs. "Mikey" Garcia on HBO Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    First big card of the year, here we go 2013.

Golovkin/Garcia/can't remember seeing Burgos but hopefully it's a decent fight to watch.

Burgos has been around for a while, you'll recognize him once he gets in the ring Saturday night. A good card for us fans.

cheers

Going by Boxrec the only time I could have seen him was when he fought on the undercard of Manny Marquez 3. Can't remember him though. Maybe they didn't show the fight and even if they did completely wasted isn't the best condition to judge a fighter in.
    He beat Luis Cruz that night. Cruz was undefeated going in. But like many recent upcoming Puerto Rican fighters he was hilariously overrated. The MD win should of been a UD win. Burgos handled him easily
    At the same time, Burgos struggled with Cristobal Cruz in his previous fight (even going down once in the process), a fight that Burgos should have won convincingly. I see this fight with Martinez has a tough fight to pick. I'm pulling for Burgos, but I'm not sure he wins it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Golovkin/Garcia/can't remember seeing Burgos but hopefully it's a decent fight to watch.

Burgos has been around for a while, you'll recognize him once he gets in the ring Saturday night. A good card for us fans.

cheers

Going by Boxrec the only time I could have seen him was when he fought on the undercard of Manny Marquez 3. Can't remember him though. Maybe they didn't show the fight and even if they did completely wasted isn't the best condition to judge a fighter in.
    He beat Luis Cruz that night. Cruz was undefeated going in. But like many recent upcoming Puerto Rican fighters he was hilariously overrated. The MD win should of been a UD win. Burgos handled him easily

I think only you rated him at all. I saw him in a recent fight and knew he was "run-of-the-mill". An undefeated record don't mean shit, as JCC Jr. found out against Martinez. There's plenty better prospects than this Cruz guy.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

cheers

I think only you rated him at all. I saw him in a recent fight and knew he was "run-of-the-mill". An undefeated record don't mean shit, as JCC Jr. found out against Martinez. There's plenty better prospects than this Cruz guy.
    I didn't rate him. I knew he sucked from the beginning. But PR's thought he was good. The only 2 who were getting there dick sucked more than Cruz were Luis Del Valle and Thomas Dulorme. Let me guess. You never rated Del Valle and Dulorme either, right?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cheers

I didn't rate him. I knew he sucked from the beginning. But PR's thought he was good. The only 2 who were getting there dick sucked more than Cruz were Luis Del Valle and Thomas Dulorme. Let me guess. You never rated Del Valle and Dulorme either, right?

You must've forgot. Here's an old post of mine.

I'm more familiar with some than others... but my personal favorites are the Arroyo twins. McWilliams more than McJoe. But yeah... they need to step up in class of opponent. I think McWilliams is championship material. Jonathan Gonzalez (flyweight) is awesome, in my opinion. A lot of potential there. I'm not down on Cesar Seda. He lost to Omar Narvaez, but has since bounced back. Luis Cruz disappointed me in his loss to Burgos and yeah... I see nothing there, unfortunately. I see nothing in his style that would allow him to go far. And I've never been a big believer in Carlos Negron. It would be nice to have a good P.R. heavyweight.... but Carlos has always looked a bit chinny to me. Too lanky and chinny to compete at the elite level.

Does that sound like I rated Luis Cruz?

Carry on.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Orlando Salido vs. "Mikey" Garcia - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Great day for quality fights! I really like Kovalev and glad they were able to rework this match. It'll be interesting to see how Campillo has regrouped after rob job with Cloud and a long year off. I gotta think Kovalev gets to him eventually for late tko or dec.

Salido and Garcia is solid. Heart says Salido but brain says Garcia finally kicks in the door and makes a good statement win if he keeps his head. Salido will look to mix it up but is very well traveled and always takes damage. Garcia to fresh, too sharp and too Garcia! Martinez over Burgos in a shoot out and Golovkin in a big way over wide open Rosado.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Orlando Salido vs. "Mikey" Garcia - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Great day for quality fights! I really like Kovalev and glad they were able to rework this match. It'll be interesting to see how Campillo has regrouped after rob job with Cloud and a long year off. I gotta think Kovalev gets to him eventually for late tko or dec.

Salido and Garcia is solid. Heart says Salido but brain says Garcia finally kicks in the door and makes a good statement win if he keeps his head. Salido will look to mix it up but is very well traveled and always takes damage. Garcia to fresh, too sharp and too Garcia! Martinez over Burgos in a shoot out and Golovkin in a big way over wide open Rosado.
    I pretty much agree Spicoli, except I see Campillo vs. Kovalev being a toss up. Salido is one tough hombre, but I believe Garcia will be able to outbox him.

cheers

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cheers

You must've forgot. Here's an old post of mine.

I'm more familiar with some than others... but my personal favorites are the Arroyo twins. McWilliams more than McJoe. But yeah... they need to step up in class of opponent. I think McWilliams is championship material. Jonathan Gonzalez (flyweight) is awesome, in my opinion. A lot of potential there. I'm not down on Cesar Seda. He lost to Omar Narvaez, but has since bounced back. Luis Cruz disappointed me in his loss to Burgos and yeah... I see nothing there, unfortunately. I see nothing in his style that would allow him to go far. And I've never been a big believer in Carlos Negron. It would be nice to have a good P.R. heavyweight.... but Carlos has always looked a bit chinny to me. Too lanky and chinny to compete at the elite level.

Does that sound like I rated Luis Cruz?

Carry on.
    Wow. A comment that came after his loss. That don't mean shit. Where were those comments before the Burgos fight? By the time he lost, his own mom wasn't even claiming him. He was already a disappointment to everybody. I knew from the start he was overrated and garbage. Just like I'm telling you right now before his frist true test. Jayson Velez is also overrated. De Leon is passed his prime. But I'm expecting him to smash him

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I used to think Luis Cruz had alot of potential but I knew he wasn't ready for Burgos at the time which was y i didnt pick him...

Uh ohhh, Burgos is gonna show up like a boss tomorrow night and give that punching bag Martinez a beating..

People keep mentioning Burgos' so-so performance against Cristobal Cruz but since when can't young fighters, or anyone for that matter, have an off night?? Cruz was always a hard ass fighter who gave everybody a tough time so i dont even hold that against Burgos..

Im tellin ya right now. Mini Burgos is the real muthafuckin dealz . U can tell that he's a born fighter.. His style is so natural..

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bump-
    The Salido - Garcia card starts @ 9:45 PM ET tonight here in North America and @2:45 AM for you night owls in the UK/Europe.
    The Campillo vs. Kovalev card on NBC starts about an hour earlier or @9:00 PM ET and @2:00 AM.

At New York (HBO): Orlando Salido vs. Miguel Angel "Mikey" Garcia, 12 rounds, for Salido's WBO featherweight title; Gennady Golovkin vs. Gabriel Rosado, 12 rounds, for Golovkin's WBA middleweight title; Roman "Rocky" Martinez vs. Juan Carlos Burgos, 12 rounds, for Martinez's WBO junior lightweight title.

There's lots of fights tonight, so be sure to have plenty of brew, I believe i'm going with a few Spaten Optimators, and then I might gag down a couple leftover Dos Equis Amber.

cheers

Last edited by Mars_ax; 01-19-2013 at 05:03 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just to mention again, its the Salido-Garcia fight where im collecting scores for.

please post them on here and I will add them to the fightscorecollector site
    Hidden Content

collecting scores from the best boxing sites and forums

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Verdejo wins in 21 seconds.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here with the Campillo vs. Kovalev card on NBC (hopefully) in just a few minutes, right after College BB.
    I've got a wee buzz going on tonight, i'm filling in for Larry Merchant on HBO.

cheers
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 01-20-2013 at 03:02 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

P.S. I plan to switch over to the HBO card in about 45 mins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

stream would be greatly appreciated dint pay cable bill..pm me?
    Lifes a wheel of fortune and its my turn to spin it. -Tupac Shakur

Hidden Content

Thread Information