Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Brian Viloria vs. Roman 'Chocolatito' Gonzalez in the works

Viloria Back in Training For Possible Chocolatito Clash - Boxing News

Absolutely cracking little fight if this comes off. I'm really not sure who I'd pick to win it either.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Brian Viloria vs. Roman 'Chocolatito' Gonzalez in the works

Please God make this fight happen.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Viloria is one of my favorite current fighters. I think he's really stepped up his game. His wins over Segura and Marquez were class. A win over Chocolito would be monster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OMG, excellent fight if it happens. People need to pay attention to this fight. It's the superfight of the flyweight division.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm going out on a limb here, but I think a big network picks it up as either a stand alone fight or supporting to another big fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm very excited about this prospect. Choclitito is one of my favorite fighters at this current and present moment!

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The guy who is now running HBO was supposed to be going to ignore shit fights featuring faded names like Mosley Paulie ( I know it's on Showtime) and picking up lots of fights like this for HBO. So hopefully he does. It's a perfect Boxing After Dark fight, they can pick it up for not much money and show a great fight.

I think Wealth TV showing the card of the year (the Viloria Marquez fight was arguably the third best on that card) and picking it up for buttons will have given HBO and Showtime bosses pause for thought. They can't not at least bid for this fight in case it's another barnburner.

Viloria wins btw.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    The guy who is now running HBO was supposed to be going to ignore shit fights featuring faded names like Mosley Paulie ( I know it's on Showtime) and picking up lots of fights like this for HBO. So hopefully he does. It's a perfect Boxing After Dark fight, they can pick it up for not much money and show a great fight.

I think Wealth TV showing the card of the year (the Viloria Marquez fight was arguably the third best on that card) and picking it up for buttons will have given HBO and Showtime bosses pause for thought. They can't not at least bid for this fight in case it's another barnburner.

Viloria wins btw.
    Arum is involved via Viloria so I would guess Hbo grabs it should it get made. Arum is just as likely to stay in house and milk this Viloria resurgence for all its worth. Its a remarkable run for a guy that has been in the game for well over a decade but he has never seen anyone close to Gonzalez. He had to work last time out but I think he may have overlooked Estrada. I like Brian but he will think he is fighting a crowd if he ever fights Roman. I don't know what they will do about the weight unless Gonzalez was already thinking on moving up. 4 pounds is a lot that far south.

Gonzalez by decapitation.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

Viloria wins btw.
    Arum is involved via Viloria so I would guess Hbo grabs it should it get made. Arum is just as likely to stay in house and milk this Viloria resurgence for all its worth. Its a remarkable run for a guy that has been in the game for well over a decade but he has never seen anyone close to Gonzalez. He had to work last time out but I think he may have overlooked Estrada. I like Brian but he will think he is fighting a crowd if he ever fights Roman. I don't know what they will do about the weight unless Gonzalez was already thinking on moving up. 4 pounds is a lot that far south.

The weight is why I think Viloria wins. Gonzalez said before his last fight he'd move up if he could get the Viloria fight so I'm guessing it'll be at flyweight. I don't think Gonzalez has the same power if he moves up. It'll be a great fight though whoever wins.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

Viloria wins btw.

The weight is why I think Viloria wins. Gonzalez said before his last fight he'd move up if he could get the Viloria fight so I'm guessing it'll be at flyweight. I don't think Gonzalez has the same power if he moves up. It'll be a great fight though whoever wins.
    Well that's a good point and I certainly wont discount it. Morales took his power for the most part with him from 122 to 126. Its more likely that he takes his power with him at these weights. I think they will most definitely be on the same card in the spring but there is no doubt a risk to fight your first at 112 against Viloria. Worthy of the reward in my eyes for both guys but especially for Gonzalez moving up both legacy and earnings wise. 2013 has some pretty good potential.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seriously this is my most anticipated fight of 2013..

Any matchups between Viloria, ROman, Ioka, and Cuello are superfights for the hardcore boxing fans..

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Som View Post
    I'm very excited about this prospect. Choclitito is one of my favorite fighters at this current and present moment!
    Dang you Peter Som, you made me spill my coffee. When you said, "this current and present moment", did you mean now? I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you--I hope-- because I have done the same thing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This would be an outstanding match-up should it get made

It looks like it might be Gonzalez/ Ioka instead which is just as good if not better!

Gonzalez has been one of my favs for a long time now, but I see either of these fights as 50/50
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It won't be Roman-Viloria but it will be Roman-Ioka... The purse bid to be held on the 18th of this month.

Am excellent fight either way.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    It won't be Roman-Viloria but it will be Roman-Ioka... The purse bid to be held on the 18th of this month.

Am excellent fight either way.
    That's what I just said

Can't wait!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Thread Information