Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Golovkin is the future of the MW division!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Golovkin is the future of the MW division!

Your thoughts on his upcoming fight with Rosado please guys? Easy nights work?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yup, easy night for GGG. Rosado has no pedigree at 160lbs, and wasn't a beast at 154lbs. GGG will stalk him and finish him with ease.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His next fight is on Box Nation this weekend!
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lets not look past Gabe Rosado just yet. Yes, he's coming up from 154 against a very big punching MW, but he is a smooth boxer and gutsy fighter.

Since his early TKO loss to Angulo a few years back, Rosado has come back strong and improved greatly.

He's hungry and he's not about to lay down for Golovkin.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I'd set up a Golovkin-Martinez megamatch with a fight between Golovkin and JCC Jr.
    I'd love to see Golovkin do what Martinez couldn't, knock JCC Jr. into next week, as for Golovkin-Martinez, I gotta go with my boy Sergio, win, lose or draw.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Lets not look past Gabe Rosado just yet. Yes, he's coming up from 154 against a very big punching MW, but he is a smooth boxer and gutsy fighter.

Since his early TKO loss to Angulo a few years back, Rosado has come back strong and improved greatly.

He's hungry and he's not about to lay down for Golovkin.
    True, but Golovkin is still going to rain on Rosado's parade and spoil his appetite.

cheers Hulkster

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    I think people are jumping way ahead with GGG. He looks very promising, but so far his best win is over Gregorz Proksa, who was probably just barely top ten when he fought him. I'm rooting for Rosado this weekend, but realistically, I expect Golovkin to steamroll him. Then what? How about a Macklin, Barker level guy. Quillin has already ducked him and will continue to do so. He hasn't earned a fight with Martinez yet, and frankly, I don't expect Martinez to get in the ring with Golovkin anytime soon. Martinez caught the public's attention really only in his last fight. He'll fight Murray, probably win, and then face Junior again this year. If he loses, maybe they do it again. If he wins, he retires. Floyd won't fight him. Canelo won't fight him. Cotto shouldn't fight him. Junior is the only other money fight.

By the way, I've read Pirog is semi-retired. I doubt we see him fight on tv again.
    I agree with this. I see Golovkin as a force but also a frontal fighter at 30 yrs of age who is only now hitting world wide exposure, not to mention yet to go a full 10 rounds on a high level. I want to see him do outstanding but first walk, jog, run, sprint..if you get my drift. I really don't think Quillin is 'ducking' him though. Both are at a peak and Quillin is riding some well earned exposure also with a similiar Rosado match up himself vs Guerrero set for NBC..and having already beat Rosado. Fingers crossed that these two will cross paths in near future!

I like Rosado and am a convert. He is extremely tv friendly and packed full of swagger. I do see Golo breaking him down though as Rosado is no stranger to after thought punches and has been rocked hard even after Angulo rebuild. He can box but exchanges way to much and his feet cross like a new born calf when he is pressed. He'll go out hard but I think in the end he will go out.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE PHILOSOPHER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Isn't he the present? He's already top 5.
    Future #1. Having said that who do u think would beat him currently?
    I'm in the minority but I'm right behind Peter Quillin at the moment, I think he's top class. It might change though as I haven't seen enough of GGG yet to make an informed opinion. I will be watching Saturday night though and I'm fully expecting an impressive performance.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I'd set up a Golovkin-Martinez megamatch with a fight between Golovkin and JCC Jr.
    I'd love to see Golovkin do what Martinez couldn't, knock JCC Jr. into next week, as for Golovkin-Martinez, I gotta go with my boy Sergio, win, lose or draw.

You and me both.
    Golovkin would be the 2nd big name on JCC Jr's resume... not too much to ask from someone with almost 50 pro fights.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I think people are jumping way ahead with GGG. He looks very promising, but so far his best win is over Gregorz Proksa, who was probably just barely top ten when he fought him. I'm rooting for Rosado this weekend, but realistically, I expect Golovkin to steamroll him. Then what? How about a Macklin, Barker level guy. Quillin has already ducked him and will continue to do so. He hasn't earned a fight with Martinez yet, and frankly, I don't expect Martinez to get in the ring with Golovkin anytime soon. Martinez caught the public's attention really only in his last fight. He'll fight Murray, probably win, and then face Junior again this year. If he loses, maybe they do it again. If he wins, he retires. Floyd won't fight him. Canelo won't fight him. Cotto shouldn't fight him. Junior is the only other money fight.

By the way, I've read Pirog is semi-retired. I doubt we see him fight on tv again.
    I agree with this. I see Golovkin as a force but also a frontal fighter at 30 yrs of age who is only now hitting world wide exposure, not to mention yet to go a full 10 rounds on a high level. I want to see him do outstanding but first walk, jog, run, sprint..if you get my drift. I really don't think Quillin is 'ducking' him though. Both are at a peak and Quillin is riding some well earned exposure also with a similiar Rosado match up himself vs Guerrero set for NBC..and having already beat Rosado. Fingers crossed that these two will cross paths in near future!

I like Rosado and am a convert. He is extremely tv friendly and packed full of swagger. I do see Golo breaking him down though as Rosado is no stranger to after thought punches and has been rocked hard even after Angulo rebuild. He can box but exchanges way to much and his feet cross like a new born calf when he is pressed. He'll go out hard but I think in the end he will go out.
    Remember when Quillin was talking a ton of trash trying to get the Martinez fight. Now he has a belt and he won't fight the current up-and-coming guy, Golovkin. Smacks of hypocracy. I wasn't being harsh saying Quillin is ducking him. I doubt he's afraid of any man. At the same time, it's a smashing fight that Quillin can win because he has a huge punch. It's also a natural fight between two champions. Let's make it happen!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've been singing his praises for a while now. I think he'll be the top dog after Martinez.

Quote Originally Posted by THE PHILOSOPHER View Post
    Your thoughts on his upcoming fight with Rosado please guys? Easy nights work?
    Honestly I'd be surprised if Rosado sees the second half of the fight. I think GGG gets him outta there in 5 or less.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    He is all wrong for Sergio. Great champion but GG by KO.
    I'm in total agreement with Beanz, I can only see Sergio being badly ko,d , in fact he will make it
    look easy.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    I'm in total agreement with Beanz, I can only see Sergio being badly ko,d , in fact he will make it
    look easy.
    @Greenbeanz and @Dia bando - Perhaps, but first the Argentine will send another fighter from the UK back bloodied and disfigured when he decapitatates Martin Murray in April. For the record, that will mark his third time recently doing so. What does Sergio Martinez have against you guys anyway? Bitter about the Falkland Islands?

Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hardly I have just described him as a GREAT champion. Sergio was given problems early on by both Macklin and Barker because he is slowing. He looked great against Chavez Jr because Chavez is nowhere near as good a boxer.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    look easy.
    @Greenbeanz and @Dia bando - Perhaps, but first the Argentine will send another fighter from the UK back bloodied and disfigured when he decapitatates Martin Murray in April. For the record, that will mark his third time recently doing so. What does Sergio Martinez have against you guys anyway? Bitter about the Falkland Islands?
    Sergio is more Light-middle and was European Champ and world Champ, he was also based in Spain
    a few years back. Golovkin is a beast a excellent boxer, when he fights you no his opponent is going down, and up to now has not disappointed.

Thread Information