I have just started reading this at the moment.

I have finally after the recommendation of @Nameless got around to it. I have great respect for Eco the great polymath and am often disappointed to see him topped in the worlds great intellectual lists, by the dreary and dull Emperor with no clothes, Noam Chomsky. He is certainly a better writer but whatever, it is probably high time for me to rise above such churlishness, obviously for many he is a top floater of boats, so, horses for courses and all that.

The first few pages are a blast, like a bicycle with mud encrusted tires speeding down hill, picking up more and more debris as it quickens, the layers of vitriol and ire handed out to all races is magnificent and so beautifully sandwiched between character embellishment and prose, that one finds a great joy in such mean spiritedness.

By page 17 he has already rattled through the Jews,Germans,Spanish,Croats,Maltese,Gypsys,English ,
Prussians,French,Italian,Arabs,Ostrogoths,Saracens ,Swabians,Greeks,Christians,Muslims,Freemasons,
Jesuits,The Negroes of Africa,and has started the new paragraph on page 17 with the sentence

"I hate Women,from what little I know of them"