Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
I'm currently in the middle of David La Vere's 'The Tuscarora War: Indians, Settlers, and the fight for the Carolina colonies.

It's really well done. It wastes no time on SJW lamentations looking at history through the prism of today. It's straightforward, it provides definite answers when able and plausible hypotheses otherwise. I'm finding that the culture clash between Indians and Settlers the most intriguing. Indians were very cagey and shrewd in their trade practices and they were very open to people of other cultures marrying their women and surprisingly some big wig colonizers were cool with this as well. Their idea being that it would be the only way to bring the Indians into a more European society, get them apprenticeships etc.

Another interesting aspect is the naivety on display by both Indians and Settlers. The Indians belief that they could raid villages and massacre people and that the Settlers would just come to the understanding that "Oh, well the Indians are in control. We better mind our p's and q's" instead of responding in kind. And the Settlers who would too often treat Indians very poorly and then when attacked get all "Well what the hell did we do to deserve this?" ....in the hindsight of some 300 years I'm sure this is much more amusing than when things were actually going down.
Might check it out. From my research it seems The Native Tribes were as were the Okinawan's, Plant Based, consuming less than 2% animal products. Only the Comanche are said to be as the Imported Christians, predominantly meat eaters.