Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  95
Dislikes Dislikes:  4
Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Thread: What Book Are You Currently Reading ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What Book Are You Currently Reading ?

I appreciate the 3rd paragraph. Thank you. I find that kind of thing more interesting.

I am currently working through Kerouac and Bukowski. Seem to be into drunks at the moment.

What Alpha is into is his business IMO. I am going to re read a biography of Hitler soon, but please don't take it as a signing up act. 😤

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Books I've read over the last few years

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I appreciate the 3rd paragraph. Thank you. I find that kind of thing more interesting.

I am currently working through Kerouac and Bukowski. Seem to be into drunks at the moment.

What Alpha is into is his business IMO. I am going to re read a biography of Hitler soon, but please don't take it as a signing up act. 😤
    Bukowski is great

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Re-reading Judaism Discovered by Michael Hoffman.

I have The Culture of Critique series by Kevin MacDonald in audiobook format so I am also restarting that again.
    Re-reading? (: Got to top up that hate and rewash your brain huh? Why not give us the full title of holocaust denying Hoffmans trash?
    Once you find the actual truth, the bread crumb trail of books to read, to follow, you are a researcher. I'd say it took me about 60 books to do this, before I started threading together the right books to read, 1 book leads into the next book and they all supplement each other in a synthesised whole. This is the true quest of the actual researcher, the man seeking the real historical truth, what actually happened, what actually is, objective truth, which is concrete and knowable. Something actually happened in the past, that past is called history and you have to thread these books together and connect the bread crumbs and synthesize it in your own consciousness and mind, that my friend is a researcher.

I read roughly 500 words per minute when concentrating. I would recommend Evelyn Wood’s 7-Day Speed Reading and Learning Program, How to Read a Book by Mortimer Adler and PhotoReading by Paul Scheele. These can be found for free online.
    They live, We sleep

El Kabong Guest

I have noticed that it's virtually impossible to in good taste "critique" Judaism which strikes me as a little odd...I mean I'm not dying to go after Jews and list of this whole big old pile of grievances against them, because I don't really have all that many. I mean I think it's odd that some of them have their own special police force in New York, I find that out of the ordinary. But hey I'm not going to delve into that because I already get called enough names and people already take me out of context and don't understand what I am asking about or questioning.

Anywho.... yeah my next book, I'm not so certain what that will be. Leviathan has been very informative thus far, but it started very slowly. Apparently the Dutch were master whalemen, but hey is that Anti-Dutch to notice? The English sucked at whaling and the early Americans were even better than the Dutch by the late 18th century. The figured out which whales had the most baleen and oil and they also ate whale meat which I can only assume tasted pretty fucking fishy due to their diets. The guys who hunted sperm whales had to have some fucking brass balls, they are a strong and fierce animal and also the artwork of their exploits is incredible, so much detail and action.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would also recommend the following for any researcher:

The Controversy of Zionism by Douglas Reed.

Propaganda: The Formation of Men's Attitudes.

And although E. Michael Jones is a Catholic, his books are really good:

Libido Dominandi.

The Jewish Revolutionary Spirit.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The speed of my own reading depends on what I am reading. When reading an 800 page precise of 2000 years of British history,I had to slow down due to overwhelming data within. If you power read it I find something like that goes wrong. Too much dats. For an autobigraphy covering familiar material the speed goes up.

Even the British history book made my eyes open with how the Jews in Britain during the crusades would charge significant interest as the landed classes needed funding to fight for the Jewish 'homeland'. It didn't work well and those warriors came back furious at the debts and would sometimes hang Jews from trees. Even our old friend Jesus hated that kind of corruption, but he was more moderate than the Crusader types.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Welcome to Saddo book reviews, the dog whistling teenage safe fake rebels gateway for Stormfront.. (:
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    The speed of my own reading depends on what I am reading. When reading an 800 page precise of 2000 years of British history,I had to slow down due to overwhelming data within. If you power read it I find something like that goes wrong. Too much dats. For an autobigraphy covering familiar material the speed goes up.

Even the British history book made my eyes open with how the Jews in Britain during the crusades would charge significant interest as the landed classes needed funding to fight for the Jewish 'homeland'. It didn't work well and those warriors came back furious at the debts and would sometimes hang Jews from trees. Even our old friend Jesus hated that kind of corruption, but he was more moderate than the Crusader types.
    Check out some of those books I mentioned on increasing your reading speed. There are some really good techniques. A friend of mine reads around 8/9 hundred words a minute. But you are right about being familiar with the writing. Which is why I re-read things many times.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I only read 37 books last year, I'm extremely pissed off with myself because I set a target of 38 (I've read 40+ for the last few years)

This year I have set a target of 30, I think I'm struggling mentally with things I can't really describe which is keeping me from indulging in my reading, I dunno, I think that for the last 3 or 4 months I've been low key depressed for no reason, I just don't have any desire to engage my brain, I've been far happier spending countless hours watching youtubes recommended videos, fucking horrible headspace to be in, I'm trying to drag myself out of it though.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I only read 37 books last year, I'm extremely pissed off with myself because I set a target of 38 (I've read 40+ for the last few years)

This year I have set a target of 30, I think I'm struggling mentally with things I can't really describe which is keeping me from indulging in my reading, I dunno, I think that for the last 3 or 4 months I've been low key depressed for no reason, I just don't have any desire to engage my brain, I've been far happier spending countless hours watching youtubes recommended videos, fucking horrible headspace to be in, I'm trying to drag myself out of it though.
    Bruh I don't read hardly as much as you. I have I guess "selection anxiety" I will think and think and think about what I would like to learn up on....I spend more time trying to select a book than I do reading the damned thing.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

That is still very decent. Many don't read much at all. I guess I can do 3 in a month if it is relatively straightforward material, but if academic then I have to slow as the writer obviously wants to tie you in knots for kicks. All in all it evens out to about 30 a year and that is fine with me. It's not like being a kid and reading 1 a week with it being 150 page kids stories. I study a language too so there is only so much I can process in terms of time and information. Have to do other things whence giving up gaming and avoiding TV etc.

El Kabong Guest

I just started reading 'Titan: The Life of John D. Rockefeller Sr.' by Ron Chernaw it's about the baron of Standard Oil from birth to death. His father "Devil Bill" was a patent medicine flimflam man and at one point in time "Devil Bill" lived with his wife and housekeeper(his side piece) and he fathered 4 children between the two of them in a 2 year span

John D. was apparently a cool customer never really emotive, more of an automaton than a human but there was one person who could make him get his hackles up and that was muckraker IDA TARBELL

El Kabong Guest

Just read 'War is a Racket' by General Smedley Butler it's more of a pamphlet than a book....decent read though, gives a real interesting perspective.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am about to start Dark Trade by Donald McCrae. Some on here have praised it and it seems like a nicely written book in terms of journalistic breeziness from my brief glances so far. Plus I love boxing, so it is a win win. Should keep me busy on these completely non winter like evenings.

Thread Information