Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arrow ESPN FNF - Feb 1st - Carlos Molina vs. Cory Spinks

Here's hoping Molina clowns the clown, I can't stand Cory Spinks. Jose Luis Castillo (yes that Castillo) is going up against Antwone "the grunter" Smith. I really doubt that JLC has much left at this point in his career, but we shall see.

Feb. 1
    At Chicago (ESPN2/ESPN Deportes): Carlos Molina vs. Cory Spinks, 12 rounds, IBF junior middleweight eliminator; Antwone Smith vs. Jose Luis Castillo, 10 rounds, welterweights; Artur Szpilka vs. Mike Mollo, 8 rounds, heavyweights; Donovan George vs. James Cook, 8 rounds, super middleweights.

Jose Luis Castillo must need money, why else would he still be fighting, i'll give him the nod over Antwone Smith. As for Molina vs. Cory Spinks, Molina should stop Spinks, (lets fucking hope so) who looked totally shot in his last fight, in one of the mid to later rounds.

Last edited by Mars_ax; 01-31-2013 at 06:58 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ESPN FNF - Feb 1st - Carlos Molina vs. Cory Spinks

Holy shit, i didn't think JLC was still fighting. I like Molina over Spinks, but not sure about the JLC fight. Don't know what he has left anymore.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Molina can't really punch, but he can box very well. I hope Molina gets a big fight after he wins this weekend.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MMASUX View Post
    Holy shit, i didn't think JLC was still fighting. I like Molina over Spinks, but not sure about the JLC fight. Don't know what he has left anymore.
    JLC's last fight was in July of 2012 against Ivan Popoca, a fight he won, he didn't look too bad actually, but the hombre has a lot of miles on him.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Molina can't really punch, but he can box very well. I hope Molina gets a big fight after he wins this weekend.
    He should punch hard enough to stop Spinks, who's just there to pick up a final payday.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw an interview with Spinks earlier and he looked about 50 and sounded about 5. Was hoping FNF would move in another direction as both he and Castillo are ready to be farmed out to pasture. Molina should take care of business and I might be tempted to catch up on yard work during Castillo and Smith

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spinks is the most boring boxer ever, he has no punch, he makes Paulie look like Tyson.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    JLC's last fight was in July of 2012 against Ivan Popoca, a fight he won, he didn't look too bad actually, but the hombre has a lot of miles on him.
    Castillo looked like a master boxer in that one, nearly flawless. Ivan Popoca was way over his head, and a bit in awe of Castillo, not to mention surprised early by Castillo's punching power.

El Temible is just about shot as far a being matched against legit prospects or even good journeymen. We'll see if Smith falls into the legit prospect category.

The main event could not appear more dull on paper. Molina is boring, but least throws a lot of punches. And Spinks......well I just plain don't like Spinks or his "style".
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I saw an interview with Spinks earlier and he looked about 50 and sounded about 5. Was hoping FNF would move in another direction as both he and Castillo are ready to be farmed out to pasture. Molina should take care of business and I might be tempted to catch up on yard work during Castillo and Smith
    Temped to do yard work @ 8:00 PM Spicoli? You got headlights on your mower? The only "yard work" you're going to be doing is bending elbows dude.

I tried out a new brew tonight = Budweiser Black Crown, it has 6.0% ALC./VOL and ain't half bad, got a little kick to it too. I'm not going overboard on this drinking thing, but I figure i'm 64 years old, I enjoy it, and if I want a fucking beer or 3, i'll drink it.

The fights friday night should be entertaining.

cheers

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Castillo looked like a master boxer in that one, nearly flawless. Ivan Popoca was way over his head, and a bit in awe of Castillo, not to mention surprised early by Castillo's punching power.

El Temible is just about shot as far a being matched against legit prospects or even good journeymen. We'll see if Smith falls into the legit prospect category.

The main event could not appear more dull on paper. Molina is boring, but least throws a lot of punches. And Spinks......well I just plain don't like Spinks or his "style".
    I agree with what you're saying Hulk, Smith is pretty much a sack of shit with no real power, so I expect Castillo to prevail, just because of his ring experience.
    Yes Molina is boring, but Spinks is so fucking shot that I can't see him doing much, I also believe that Spinks is no stranger to the crack pipe.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post

I agree with what you're saying Hulk, Smith is pretty much a sack of shit with no real power, so I expect Castillo to prevail, just because of his ring experience.
    Yes Molina is boring, but Spinks is so fucking shot that I can't see him doing much, I also believe that Spinks is no stranger to the crack pipe.
    hahaha

He's tough and was a slick boxer I"ll give him that. But, boring as hell and got a gift against Mayorga and Karmazin. Not to mention Judah I as well.

Some people actually thought he BEAT Jermain Taylor for the MW crown by running.

Man I hope Castillo win, used to be one of my favorite fighters.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The action starts tonight @9:00 PM ET here in the States/Canukland.

At Chicago (ESPN2/ESPN Deportes): Carlos Molina vs. Cory Spinks, 12 rounds, IBF junior middleweight eliminator; Antwone Smith vs. Jose Luis Castillo, 10 rounds, welterweights; Artur Szpilka vs. Mike Mollo, 8 rounds, heavyweights; Donovan George vs. James Cook, 8 rounds, super middleweights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Szpilka trying to take Mollo's head off might well be the highlight of the day.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tonight's fight start in about 10 minutes - just got inside after having a few relaxing friday afternoon Paulaner Salvator (double bock) brews, a six pack of bottles that were brought to me by a friend, that were recommended by a Bavarian fellow he works with. Tasty stuff, with a hell of a kick, 7.9% alc by vol.
    Currently sipping on a Shiner Bock.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here we go, Teddy blithering, Joe blathering, (life is good) 1st up, Antwone Smith vs. Jose Luis Castillo, 10 rounds, welterweights.

Thread Information