Take a seat, this may take a while!

First of all, any blow delivered on the right spot will put you down. A blow landing flush on the chin, temples, soft spot below the right rib cage and the solar plexus will topple the sturdiest looking man.

This is K1 (I believe). Their gloves, like most MMA these days, are significantly smaller than those used in boxing. The standard boxing gloves for professional fighting is 8 - 10 oz's depending on who you fight for. Standard gloves for MMA and K1 is half that or less. So that's one thing to consider.

Coming off my last statement, MMA fighters DO NOT fight like boxers. Their version of boxing is most often a sad sad example of what boxing really is, and everything it isn't. If you're a professional boxer, you'd either have to be already stunned or just daft to catch such a wide and looping hook.

Another thing to consider is...who are you? How tall are you? How long are your arms? How much do you weigh? Where are you at athletically? Answering these questions will help substantially in answering your question in the context of this giant Russian.

Speaking of giant Russians. Here is something that may come to as a surprise to you. This is not, in fact, a Russian hook. It is a very common looping haymaker commonly seen in MMA. The man you happen to admire happens to be Russian. The fact that these hooks seem to do a lot of damage is because, well, they do a hell of a lot of damage! The main contributing factor is simply brute strength, but other factors are these: these men look to be heavyweights...heavyweights = heavy hands. And long arms, long arms, heavy hands create A LOT of torque. It's not uncommon to see knockouts in the heavyweight division because these men are so massive, but our heads are not meant to take that kind of punishment, no matter how large you are.

So in conclusion, unless you're doing MMA, I wouldn't recommend you go on learning this kind of punch. It's a bad habit. Looping punches will only get you easily countered or have you missing. Stick with normal hooks!

P.S. Always wrap your hands while hitting the bag. Hand injuries are no small thing, it can lead to very short term and painful ordeals, or very very very bad long term conditions.