Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Super F*cking Bowl weekend!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default It's Super F*cking Bowl weekend!!!

It is with a mixture of elation and sadness that I'm approaching Super Bowl weekend. Here in Puerto Rico the game's pretty big, although nowhere near as big as in the States. Over there people routinely get together and throw these humongous Super Bowl parties. The good thing is that women get just as involved as men. Women go all ape shit and wear their favorite jerseys and some even paint their faces. Ideally, you have equal number of fans from both teams, to keep things interesting. There is eating and drinking galore.

This weekend I'm getting together with my brothers and other family members, with all the beer and food we can come up with. We got more 49er fans than Raven fans... but there are still some of both.

The sadness is because after the game it's all over until preseason in late August or September (which I never watch), and then the season opener sometime in September. The period directly following the Super Bowl is especially dead (in the U.S., anyway), and since I'm not much of an NBA fan... that doesn't leave much.

I just hope the game is good. Halftime should be more interesting than in recent years, since it's Beyonce performing. Let's hope for some skimpy clothing and maybe a wardrobe malfunction or two.

Go 49ers!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It's Super F*cking Bowl weekend!!!

In Rican words: Tis tread is nuttin witout pics.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Refs like that are the only thing that would make the game better than it already is.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

as a Steelers fan, I am not enthusiast at all about this superbowl; it's all about seeing a team notching Pittsburgh 6 superbowls or seeing their main rivals winning.... there is no good ending
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    as a Steelers fan, I am not enthusiast at all about this superbowl; it's all about seeing a team notching Pittsburgh 6 superbowls or seeing their main rivals winning.... there is no good ending

Fellow Steelers fan here!

I'm with you on the 49ers equaling the Steelers record... but I can't stand the Ravens and their tearful goodbye to Ray Lewis (who's leading most of the cheers himself). So by default I gotta pull for the Niners.

Now... if it was the Dallas Cowboys instead of the 49ers, you can bet I'd be rooting for the Ravens to win. If there's anything worse than a Baltimore Raven, it's a Dallas Cowboy.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    It is with a mixture of elation and sadness that I'm approaching Super Bowl weekend. Here in Puerto Rico the game's pretty big, although nowhere near as big as in the States. Over there people routinely get together and throw these humongous Super Bowl parties. The good thing is that women get just as involved as men. Women go all ape shit and wear their favorite jerseys and some even paint their faces. Ideally, you have equal number of fans from both teams, to keep things interesting. There is eating and drinking galore.

This weekend I'm getting together with my brothers and other family members, with all the beer and food we can come up with. We got more 49er fans than Raven fans... but there are still some of both.

The sadness is because after the game it's all over until preseason in late August or September (which I never watch), and then the season opener sometime in September. The period directly following the Super Bowl is especially dead (in the U.S., anyway), and since I'm not much of an NBA fan... that doesn't leave much.

I just hope the game is good. Halftime should be more interesting than in recent years, since it's Beyonce performing. Let's hope for some skimpy clothing and maybe a wardrobe malfunction or two.

Go 49ers!!!
    Wow Tito, I didn't know the Superbowl was such a big thing in PR. These days I don't keep up with the NFL like I used to, the last Superbowls I had any interest in were the 2 Eli Manning and the N.Y. Giants won. I might tune in just long enough to see who's winning in the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter, but I really have little interest in seeing the Ravens vs. San Francisco. As for Beyonce, I don't care much for her or that type of music.
    Sorry bro, I guess i'm not much fucking fun am I.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post

Go 49ers!!!
    Wow Tito, I didn't know the Superbowl was such a big thing in PR. These days I don't keep up with the NFL like I used to, the last Superbowls I had any interest in were the 2 Eli Manning and the N.Y. Giants won. I might tune in just long enough to see who's winning in the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter, but I really have little interest in seeing the Ravens vs. San Francisco. As for Beyonce, I don't care much for her or that type of music.
    Sorry bro, I guess i'm not much fucking fun am I.

Well Mars, the SB is not as big here as in the States... but that's slowly changing. I would've guessed you followed the NFL more. How about college football? What sort of sports do you prefer or do you follow more closely?

About Beyonce, I'm not a fan of her music (or her singing). But she's not bad to look at, especially in tight fitting clothes that show off her long, shapely legs.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well Mars, the SB is not as big here as in the States... but that's slowly changing. I would've guessed you followed the NFL more. How about college football? What sort of sports do you prefer or do you follow more closely?

About Beyonce, I'm not a fan of her music (or her singing). But she's not bad to look at, especially in tight fitting clothes that show off her long, shapely legs.
    Well Tito, i'm sure it's no surprise to you that boxing is easily my favorite sport, all other sports combined aren't nearly as important.

In re: the NFL, I haven't been much of a fan since the Cowboys with Jimmy Johnson, Aikman, Smith, Irving, et al, were winning Superbowl's back in the early 90's. I've pretty much lost interest since then, lately it was nice to see Aaron Rogers and Green Bay win a Superbowl, and I liked how the Texans were doing until they went belly up at the end of this year.

I watch College FB a bit, especially the UT Longhorns and Texas A&M was amazing this year with Johnny Meisel. I was glad Alabama owned Notre Dame in this years BCS National Championship game, I hate the fucking Irish.

As for Beyonce, there's absolutely nothing about her that appeals to me. But, I feel pretty sure that she's not going to lose any sleep over what an old fart like me thinks about her.
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 02-03-2013 at 03:52 AM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well Tito, i'm sure it's no surprise to you that boxing is easily my favorite sport, all other sports combined aren't nearly as important.

In re: the NFL, I haven't been much of a fan since the Cowboys with Jimmy Johnson, Aikman, Smith, Irving, et al, were winning Superbowl's back in the early 90's. I've pretty much lost interest since then, lately it was nice to see Aaron Rogers and Green Bay win a Superbowl, and I liked how the Texans were doing until they went belly up at the end of this year.

I watch College FB a bit, especially the UT Longhorns and Texas A&M was amazing this year with Johnny Meisel. I was glad Alabama owned Notre Dame in this years BCS National Championship game, I hate the fucking Irish.

As for Beyonce, there's absolutely nothing about her that appeals to me. But, I feel pretty sure that she's not going to lose any sleep over what an old fart like me thinks about her.

It's all good, my friend. I love boxing with a passion also. I'd say boxing and American football are my two favorite sports. I was also rooting for Alabama in the BCS championship game, as I can't stand Notre Dame either.

And about Beyonce again. Frankly... would you kick her out of bed?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's all good, my friend. I love boxing with a passion also. I'd say boxing and American football are my two favorite sports. I was also rooting for Alabama in the BCS championship game, as I can't stand Notre Dame either.

And about Beyonce again. Frankly... would you kick her out of bed?
    LMAO, it may sound strange but Beyonce is not someone i'd have the least bit of interest in sexually.

My daughter is in her final couple years of College here in Texas, (she's going for a PHD in Psychology) every time I visit her on Campus I see dozens of young women (including my daughter) who look a hell of a lot better then Beyonce. Take away all the glam, make-up, costumes, et al, and Beyonce isn't shit.

Plus, Beyonce couldn't hold a candle to the woman i've been married to for the last 30 years.
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 02-03-2013 at 04:42 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've never really cared for the halftime show during the Super Bowl, and quite frankly Beyonce annoys the hell out of me. I am always glad to see someone be sucessful so kudos to her on that front but I think she in grossly overrated in the looks and talent departments. I agree with Mars to an extent because I see plenty of women who I find more attractive than she is but some people have put her up on this pedestal and I think that has to do with the media shoving her down our throats. Also her she-woman/man hater songs are tailor made for hoodrats who have yet to look in the mirror when trying to figure out why they can't find a decent man. She is vocally talented and very sucessful but tone it down for goodness sakes!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Refs like that are the only thing that would make the game better than it already is.

Not really. Women on rag-days means total chaos.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post

Not really. Women on rag-days means total chaos.

PMS would be accounted for in a well-made schedule.
    "Take a week off, hon. We've got you covered."

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Plus, Beyonce couldn't hold a candle to the woman i've been married to for the last 30 years.
    Awwwww. What a soppy old so-and-so you are!

I'm heading over a friend's house about 6pm UK time (five hours before kick off) to begin lubrications, and have 8 bottles of cider, four cans of red stripe, half a bottle of vodka and some chocolate, fruit and nut shooter to make me ill. Go Ravens.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post

Awwwww. What a soppy old so-and-so you are!

I'm heading over a friend's house about 6pm UK time (five hours before kick off) to begin lubrications, and have 8 bottles of cider, four cans of red stripe, half a bottle of vodka and some chocolate, fruit and nut shooter to make me ill. Go Ravens.

Good for you, rhun! I'm getting ready myself. Going to family's house, with a cooler full of beer, and bottle of Don Q, and a domino table just in case people want to pass the time before kickoff and are not into the pre-game shows. I'm rooting for the 49ers, but there will be about equal quota for both teams, so it should keep things lively.

Thread Information