1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Marquez says 'no' to a fifth fight

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Som View Post
    I feel this is the logical decision for Marquez to make in terms of solidifying his legacy in good standing. But of course, feelings may change and he may except a 5th fight after all, whether it'd be for the money or for pride.

Thoughts?

Juan Manuel Marquez Says He Won't Fight Manny Pacquiao a 5th Time | Bleacher Report
    Well he sorta owes pac-man at least 1 rematch.
    I think JMM does owe Pac Man a rematch because Manny did not have to fight him that often. Obviously Manny did it for money but JMM will not get that kind of money anywhere else. Lets face it the 5th fight is intriguing now.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The 3rd pac vs marquez fight was the fight the pac camp were going to enjoy the most.

Alez ariza said:- "even God cant save marquez in this fight"

Freddie, pac and ariza all thought a new, improved and younger pac would destroy this marquez forever.

Marquez took the risk and many thought he won the 3rd fight.

The 4th fight removed all doubts about who the top dog was between these two.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I feel this is the logical decision for Marquez to make in terms of solidifying his legacy in good standing. But of course, feelings may change and he may except a 5th fight after all, whether it'd be for the money or for pride.

Thoughts?

Juan Manuel Marquez Says He Won't Fight Manny Pacquiao a 5th Time | Bleacher Report
    I think JMM does owe Pac Man a rematch because Manny did not have to fight him that often. Obviously Manny did it for money but JMM will not get that kind of money anywhere else. Lets face it the 5th fight is intriguing now.
    Manny never gave it to him on the notion that Marquez deserved the rematch due to being screwed by the judges, he gave the rematch because Marquez publicly would express how he was screwed by the judges, basically putting pressure on Manny to give in and give the rematch, yet he always did it when he always felt he would have an advantage, either in weight, age, or well location, IMO Marquez is Pacquiao's karma, and given his past in cherry picking karma came and dropped him on his ass

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wait... If Manny had convincingly beaten (let alone KOd) JMM, Pac fans think that he still would have given him rematches?

Would he fuck.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As meaningless as it is historically at this point those thinking it happens anyway because of the cash are most likely right. How many times did Chacon fight Limon? How many times did Robinson fight Lamotta? How many times did Greb fight Tunney? It may not make any sense but it still makes cents.

Speaking of cents I would like to digress for a moment and lament the end of the Canadian penny.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

R.I.P the Canadian penny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

R.I.P. Penny

And R.I.P. this thread. All that needed to be said, has been said.

Rhyming accidentally.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post

Thoughts?

Manny never gave it to him on the notion that Marquez deserved the rematch due to being screwed by the judges, he gave the rematch because Marquez publicly would express how he was screwed by the judges, basically putting pressure on Manny to give in and give the rematch, yet he always did it when he always felt he would have an advantage, either in weight, age, or well location, IMO Marquez is Pacquiao's karma, and given his past in cherry picking karma came and dropped him on his ass
    Listen, you don't have to like Pacquiao, but doesn't every fighter want an advantage when they go into a tough fight? I've never heard of a fighter trying purposefully to give another fighter an advantage. It would be a bit absurd. Heck, Manny's arch-nemisis, Floyd, came into his fight with Marquez above the contacted weight. Leverage is the name of the game. Blaming Pacquiao for using his world-wide popularity is wrong at best, and mostly just besides the point.

Before his third fight with Marquez, were the other two fights with Marquez blow outs? No. They were tough, hard-fought battles. In my opinion, there wasn't a clear victor in either of them. I may have been in the minority, but I said it before his third fight, when people were giving him crap for taking on Marquez again, that Marquez just has always had his number. Some great fighters have their kryptonite, Pacquiao has his in Marquez. Pacquiao succumed to pressure from the public for a FOURTH Marquez fight? Pacquiao is the one with the drawing power! Pacquiao fought Timothy Bradley and he sold close to a million ppv's.

Marquez doesn't want to avenge his loss to Mayweather. He publicly stated it. He doesn't want to face a tough welterweight/junior welterweight. He never has done it before. The ONLY lucrative fight for Marquez out there right now, taking into consideration the risk/reward ratio, and assuming he fights on, is Pacquiao.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

R.I.P. Penny

Rhyming accidentally.
    When it cost 1.06p to make 1p then your days are numbered. I remember the ½ pence.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny may be happy and may want to face Bradley instead. However Manny will want to avenge that humiliating loss very soon after his come back fight.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

R.I.P. Penny

Rhyming accidentally.
    When it cost 1.06p to make 1p then your days are numbered. I remember the ½ pence.
    So do I and you could actually buy sweets with it. It feels like Pacman and Juan have been fighting since we had tanners, bobs and half-crowns.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Marquez continues to fight I'd like to see him give Pacquiao the opportunity

Personally I think JMM is 4-0 in the series but technically its 2-1-1 Pac

Plus I think its the most lucrative fight available to Marquez
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    If Marquez continues to fight I'd like to see him give Pacquiao the opportunity

Personally I think JMM is 4-0 in the series but technically its 2-1-1 Pac

Plus I think its the most lucrative fight available to Marquez
    The first fight was fair imo and had that first rd been scored correctly Marquez would have lost. I thought Manny won the second fight. I thought Juan won the third. I know who won the fourth.
    Its the exclamation point Marquez put on this. Like Mancini/Kim but a block short of death.

Its one of the most lucrative fights in the division and not just for Marquez. If Marquez is smart he will milk this for everything its worth and retire. Like a George Foreman Grill. A higher note for retirement in this sport is not possible. Not the Grill lol but putting Manny in a coma.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its all typical once again, the same song sang by the anti pacs. Marquez won all four fights and is far superior to pac.

At the end of the day, Marquez is saying he wants no more of pac. It shows the difference between the two fighters and fan. I don't ever recall pac or any of his supporter saying, they wont pac marquez anymore.

And here are the truth and not my opinion. the series is 2-1-1 Pac and Pac winning on scorecard before the knock out on the fourth.

Haha saying knockdowns that pac had in the fights don't win you the fight well one knock out don't win you the war.

Anti pac can say what ever they want but those are just opinions and not facts.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    Its all typical once again, the same song sang by the anti pacs. Marquez won all four fights and is far superior to pac.

At the end of the day, Marquez is saying he wants no more of pac. It shows the difference between the two fighters and fan. I don't ever recall pac or any of his supporter saying, they wont pac marquez anymore.

And here are the truth and not my opinion. the series is 2-1-1 Pac and Pac winning on scorecard before the knock out on the fourth.

Haha saying knockdowns that pac had in the fights don't win you the fight well one knock out don't win you the war.

Anti pac can say what ever they want but those are just opinions and not facts.
    All other fights ended in questionable decisions that had commentators, boxing experts, other boxers, and the public give it to JMM. This fight didn't give any kind of opportunity for anybody to doubt who won. JMM got knocked down and came back up. Pacquiao got knocked down and couldn't even move a finger to try to get up and almost left the ring in stretchers. Something Pacquiao couldn't do in his past fights with JMM. Pacquiao said this fight would erase any doubts of who really won past fights and would win decisively. Unfortunately, it was Pacquiao who ended up almost in a coma.
    Last edited by Chino; 02-12-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Thread Information