Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Kubrat Pulev vs. Bryant Jennings

This fight is now likely. Tomasz Adamek has decided not to fight Kubrat Pulev.

Adamek Passes on Pulev: Makes No Financial Sense - Boxing News

(there have been reports in Poland that Adamek may fight Artur Szpilka).

The IBF has decided to replace Adamek in the IBF final eliminator with Bryant Jennings.

Jennings zastąpi Adamka w walce z Pulewem?

Jennings-Pulev is an excellent matchup between two talented and skilled heavyweight up-and-comers.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interesting. Should be a good fight, Adamek "doesn't make financial sense" should read" don't really fancy my chances".

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Kubrat Pulev vs. Bryant Jennings

Better matchup IMO

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Better matchup. Agreed with Lyle. This one would be exciting. Is Cunningham-Fury signed? If so, couple that with the Stiverne-Arreola fight and the Price-Thompson fight, and there are a few fun fights looming on the heavyweight horizon.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Better matchup. Agreed with Lyle. This one would be exciting. Is Cunningham-Fury signed? If so, couple that with the Stiverne-Arreola fight and the Price-Thompson fight, and there are a few fun fights looming on the heavyweight horizon.
    Agreed with all

Still think Pulev will be to good
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bryant Jennings is an overrated fighter and Pulev would fuck him up..

This just shows how far down American HW has come.. People are actually excited about a dime and dozen fighter like Jennings.. smh

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a good match up with two non seek & destroy guys who can box. Its also better in U.S exposure for Pulev against a fresh up & comer more than Adamek I think. It should be a solid chess match but Kubrats body work and sharp jab should take it. Pulev has that look and boxing easy swagger of a guy who will stick around and go places.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice fight...

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post

This just shows how far down American HW has come.. People are actually excited about a dime and dozen fighter like Jennings.. smh
    I don't overrate Jennings, he is better than I expected however. Jennings is about like a poor man's Chris Byrd with a touch more power, but I think he is falling in love with his power and he does seem to impress himself sometimes when he lands a clean shot so he'll give out a hoot or a "WOOOOOO!" when he lands something he thinks is good, but eventually doing that will land him in trouble because he'll come across someone who can take his best punches.

Jennings moves well in the ring and seems in great shape, but as a fighter I don't think he's much special, as a boxer he's ok...is that good enough to win a title in the future? In a division without the Klitschko's MAYBE, but I think guys with more power like Price & Wilder(even though Deontay is very raw) will be too much for Jennings to overcome.

I do like the style matchup Jennings creates vs damn near everyone, I don't forsee him being in many boring fights.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

I don't overrate Jennings, he is better than I expected however. Jennings is about like a poor man's Chris Byrd with a touch more power, but I think he is falling in love with his power and he does seem to impress himself sometimes when he lands a clean shot so he'll give out a hoot or a "WOOOOOO!" when he lands something he thinks is good, but eventually doing that will land him in trouble because he'll come across someone who can take his best punches.

Jennings moves well in the ring and seems in great shape, but as a fighter I don't think he's much special, as a boxer he's ok...is that good enough to win a title in the future? In a division without the Klitschko's MAYBE, but I think guys with more power like Price & Wilder(even though Deontay is very raw) will be too much for Jennings to overcome.

I do like the style matchup Jennings creates vs damn near everyone, I don't forsee him being in many boring fights.
    Long time no see

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

I agree with what Lyle said except I'm still not sure on Wilder yet...
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice match...but in all honesty Kubrat will dominate Jennings. Pulev is in a different class IMO. A better fight would have been Mago-Jennings. I see that being a solid 50-50 type of fight.

If this happens in Germany...any chance NBC will televise it?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just saw what Freedom posted in the HW thread. Looks like a Pulev EBU title defense instead

Pulew wiosną będzie bronił pasa EBU

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    I agree with what Lyle said except I'm still not sure on Wilder yet...
    We have to see if he can take a punch, but he sure as shit can dish it out. Wilder has game changing power & given his frame he's about like a Heavyweight Tommy Hearns except he's still very raw. I would like for Wilder to fight Dominick Guinn just because Guinn has a heck of a chin, has never been hurt or knocked down to my knowledge & Wilder needs to experience going the distance in order to be fully prepared to be a contender.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TigerFan View Post
    Nice match...but in all honesty Kubrat will dominate Jennings. Pulev is in a different class IMO. A better fight would have been Mago-Jennings. I see that being a solid 50-50 type of fight.

If this happens in Germany...any chance NBC will televise it?
    Im debating wether to steal your signature or not! Soooo fuckin underrated....

Thread Information