Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Society

People blame the welfare state, for crime job's etc, in truth there is a vast difference between the
    rich and poor. Benefits are a safety net for people, some people screw the system I agree but not
    all. Many rich people screw the system, tax evasion because they can.
    I have no problem with people making money, but pay your way greed can be a bad thing, never
    make money your GOD. I feel sometimes the idle Rich, make comment about Benefits etc they
    have never been in a position were they have fuck all, most of them have never done a days honest
    work in there lives. Yes sometimes Society stinks.
    Last edited by Andre; 02-15-2013 at 02:17 PM.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Society

Yeah alot of people also think its money out the window. It isnt, it all makes the infrastructure of business continue. The poor still buy stuff with it and that keep the ball rolling.

The new rich are quite often little golden children handed positions in a business or handed a fortune on a plate by their well of parents,they are a different breed and a few of them are not gentlemen as their fathers were. Most are polite some are spoiled children in grown up bodies.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wink Re: Society

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Yeah alot of people also think its money out the window. It isnt, it all makes the infrastructure of business continue. The poor still buy stuff with it and that keep the ball rolling.

The new rich are quite often little golden children handed positions in a business or handed a fortune on a plate by their well of parents,they are a different breed and a few of them are not gentlemen as their fathers were. Most are polite some are spoiled children in grown up bodies.
    People who have nothing and living on benefits, are easy targets for the Rich to demonized most
    people want to work, have a few of the nice things in life.
    Could not see them, lot working for £6.25 per hour hardly a living wage is it , the divide between
    rich and poor is appalling. I'm no communist, but I believe in fair play.

El Kabong Guest

A safety net....not a barcalounger

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Does this safety net taste anything like a steak or is it more like a can of baked beans?

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As a kid my brothers and i had fuck all really,but it never turned us into thieves or
    drug dealers or ponces. In fact it made us more aware what the value of money meant.
    My parents god bless them , didnt earn much money,but they worked bloody hard and
    never claimed a penny in benifits.My Dad made sure we were not lazing around doing
    nothing ,we always had things to do.Todays kids are so lazy compared to previous
    generations,not all kids but far too many.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does this safety net taste anything like a steak or is it more like a can of baked beans?
    It taste like watered down, own brand, baked beans provided by a food bank to feed a family of four. For a week.

The answer is grow your own me

But that is hard when you live in one of these

because of cunts like this

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    It taste like watered down, own brand, baked beans provided by a food bank to feed a family of four. For a week.

But that is hard when you live in one of these

"Looxury"

I can explain it.

El Kabong Guest

So wealthy people are inherently evil and the poor have 0 control over their lives Gee I wonder how that kind of mentality could hurt society

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So wealthy people are inherently evil and the poor have 0 control over their lives Gee I wonder how that kind of mentality could hurt society
    Why did you say that extreme?

Society is already hurting but only one end of it is in pain.

The mega rich are well out of reach and are protected by laws so they can hide their money and evade taxes better than the rest of us can. They hand jobs over to their relatives and friends. Nothing else has to be read into it.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is an Illustration of a rich banker. It is fittingly taken from the game MONOPOLY, or as our kids used to call it "Money Monopoly" It is a game that tears families apart. One family member ends up controlling all the businesses and property and wields that power over everyone else, taking rent from them round after round until everyone else is bankrupt. It is a great lesson on how not to live ones life. Money is fine but money obtained in unreasonable amounts at the expense of others with total awareness of the consequences that brings, often involving liquidation of small family businesses, the loss of individuals homes and the life savings of pensioners is inherently evil.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Monopoly is a 0 sum game whereas real life is not a 0 sum game

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watching people get whipped into a frenzy over class warfare reminds of Southern Baptists going crazy over booze and dancing. The world is always changing and with more technology and automation we just don't need as much unskilled/blue collar labor. Adult should be honest with young people that if they do not acquire a marketable skill then they are setting themselves up for a life of struggle. This would be much more constructive than bitterly blaming very successful people after that fact for the failures in ones life. There is no finite amount of money or wealth in this world and no one has a "fair" share. You get what you earn and some of us just have to work that much harder. I am firmly in the middle class in the US. All of that is due to a variety of choices I made not a lack of opportunity but I have no intention of staying here and damn sure don't plan on blaming a banker who is doing exactly what each and everyone of us does, act in his and his family's best interest for my lot in life.

To tie back into the dole/welfare discussion; prior to nationwide government assistance people found the support they needed in their families and communities. People lived with extended families and had cohesion in their communities. Not a perfect system and I'm sure people fell through the cracks but support was provided and a shared sacrifice formed strong bonds. When the government is the overwhelming support service these ties loosen. I 100% agree with Lyle that an expanded welfare state has contributed to the destruction of the traditional family by perpetuating the poverty circle and diminishing family and community support and that this destruction is the number 1 catalyst for crime. Any support should managed at the most local level and be just enough. Being on assistance should so uncomfortable that you would never make a conscious decision to stay on it. As Penn Jillete says:

"It’s amazing to me how many people think that voting to have the government give poor people money is compassion. Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness.

People need to be fed, medicated, educated, clothed, and sheltered, and if we’re compassionate we’ll help them, but you get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right. There is great joy in helping people, but no joy in doing it at gunpoint."

If we as human beings are not willing to personally give of our time, effort and wealth to help or local fellow man then we deserve the depraved culture around the corner.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The mega rich are well out of reach and are protected by laws so they can hide their money and evade taxes better than the rest of us can. They hand jobs over to their relatives and friends. Nothing else has to be read into it.
    Why is this demonized? If I told you a legal way to save some money on your taxes wouldn't you do it? Who honestly thinks there is something wrong with wanting to keep as much of your earned money as possible? Have we not all used our position, influence or knowledge to help a family member or friend get a leg up? When did this become a bad thing? Why is ok for some of us to do what is in our best interests but not others?
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post

Why is this demonized? If I told you a legal way to save some money on your taxes wouldn't you do it? Who honestly thinks there is something wrong with wanting to keep as much of your earned money as possible? Have we not all used our position, influence or knowledge to help a family member or friend get a leg up? When did this become a bad thing? Why is ok for some of us to do what is in our best interests but not others?
    No. you see from Lyles first comment he is insinuating we all think that the Rich are Evil and the poor have no control over their lives and went on to say: No wonder that kind of mentality hurts society. He said that;

I asked why he did that. Then wrote what I did, which is: I think the same question you are asking me that I asked him. Why demonize it? Noone else has said that, then I went on to say, why it is inherently set up that way, with the poor hurting in the shallow end of the money pool;(an observation) then I wrote; Nothing else has to be read into it.

ie why head to the extreme to more of a rift and try and make this 'another political thread' by creating sides, instead of continuing the discussion as per its title and seeing what eventually gives.

Instead it will turn into a blame game with political sides being drawn and zero headway being made much like real lifes excuse for why people are not caring about others.

( Each side that is political are too busy pointing the finger trying to justify their own life/stance for the most part to personally bother getting out there to help others.)

And Im not insinuating anyone or anything here,its an observation on how others use energy to do nothing. Lyle personally does a lot for his community, as do others on both sides, then theres the rest who blame game everything.

I can explain it.

Thread Information