Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo: I will be facing Austin Trout on May 4th

Not sure what to make of this. In this day and age at least its only bumped a week and not yet another match cancelled! I'm assuming Trout had zero say in this...hope he leaves room in his suitcase to pack in three judges for San Antonio TX.

From what I gather its because Canelo could not get Mayweather to commit to a date?! Floyds just gaming him out. Sounds like two guys full of head games and assuming certain wins trying to win the first round before the bell rings. Is it Alvarez feeling the pressure or all of them behind the scenes just strething out the build up? Of the two Canelo is in zero position to overlook anyone and I hope it bites him in the ass.

Mentioned
    1674 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Not sure what to make of this. In this day and age at least its only bumped a week and not yet another match cancelled! I'm assuming Trout had zero say in this...hope he leaves room in his suitcase to pack in three judges for San Antonio TX.

From what I gather its because Canelo could not get Mayweather to commit to a date?! Floyds just gaming him out. Sounds like two guys full of head games and assuming certain wins trying to win the first round before the bell rings. Is it Alvarez feeling the pressure or all of them behind the scenes just strething out the build up? Of the two Canelo is in zero position to overlook anyone and I hope it bites him in the ass.
    I am sure Saul has very little input too, he gets his managers to do the right thing for him. Canelo just fights who they put in front of him. Do not be too hard on the guy. Blame these promoters and managers with their pissing contest for it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If a no-legs Floyd gets a battering from Guerrero and gets a close decision then the last thing he'll want to do is face a big-punching 154 pounder a few months later. Floyd is going to know what he's got left this fight and then work out who he feels confident about facing in the time he has left.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

I am sure Saul has very little input too, he gets his managers to do the right thing for him. Canelo just fights who they put in front of him. Do not be too hard on the guy. Blame these promoters and managers with their pissing contest for it.
    He's a big boy, he can take it. Time for him to sac up When you are intoduced under your own Canelo Promotions, I don't think hes some wall flower without input. This "Kid" is turning foreheads orange on mass with the number of noses up his arse.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a cluster fuck eh. They were trying to get Floyd to sign because if he did, Austin would have had to bring a gun to the ring to get a decision. Seeing as Floyd would not commit to something he never has before they then pulled out of the card and moved the fight to Texas as the plan B fix. Once again. Trout will have to knock him out to get the decision. Talk about coddled. It fits perfectly with the rest of this kids career so far.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

What a cluster fuck eh. They were trying to get Floyd to sign because if he did, Austin would have had to bring a gun to the ring to get a decision. Seeing as Floyd would not commit to something he never has before they then pulled out of the card and moved the fight to Texas as the plan B fix. Once again. Trout will have to knock him out to get the decision. Talk about coddled. It fits perfectly with the rest of this kids career so far.
    I think there's even less chance of Trout getting a decision as the main event in Texas. Even if Trout picks him off all night as long as Alvarez keeps coming forward, throwing punches and landing a few he'll get the decision.

Thread Information