Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Haha latest scam email... are there really people with cash, dumb enough?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Haha latest scam email... are there really people with cash, dumb enough?

MUBADALA DEVELOPMENT COMPANY
    Structured Finance & Capital Markets
    United Arab Emirates
    website: Mubadala Development Company | Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates | Home

Dear Sir/Madam

We are UAE based investment company working on expanding our portfolio globally through financing individual and corporate projects in form of a debt-financing, short and longterm loan.

We would be happy to partner with you, if you have any viable project initiative within our scope of funding.

You will be contacted with our clear and precise terms of ROI (Return On Investment) as soon as we receive your presentation.

Best Regards,

Derek Rozycki

Head, Structured Finance
    Mubadala Small Loan Financing, Dubai-U.A.E
    Website: Mubadala Development Company | Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates | Home
    rozycki.derek@aim.com

Surely any smart person in the world would read this as :

Give us your business ideas for free.

If you are so dumb as to do so,we will then ask you for your bank account details so that we can pay you for the information you have already been stupid enough to have given us for free.

WTF?

Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People must fall for them, I wish I could meet some of these stupid people, just so I could ask to borrow a couple of grand.

I had a really good one from "PayPal" today, a guy wants to pay me for an old eBay transaction he has just realised didn't go through correctly.

All I needed to do was login to PayPal and accept the incoming payment. A link to the login page was conveniently on the email.

.............. If only I had a PayPal account! (all my PayPal stuff is in the mrs name)

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haha latest scam email... are there really people with cash, dumb enough?

This is where computer hackers and new virus spreaders could actually do great work.
    Hide a virus in the return email and send the link back to these scam artists: " Yes thanks that sounds great..here are my account details in this coded link for safety.just type in 189wsusue into the link.Thanks kind regards your in Allah...etc etc .

Like you say who are these people?You hear that some go down for hundreds of thousands. And if they are that stupid to fall for it, how'd they so much get cash to splash in the first place?

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You hear about loads of people getting caught, but other than one instance recently, you never, EVER, hear about John the Nigerian getting caught.

Most of their emails didn't even get spell checked, so they clearly aren't the smartest. Can't be that hard to catch!

I replied to an advert on Gumtree a while ago, it was a South African healer who in his own words was "the healer of all diseases". He couldn't answer why he hadn't been kind enough to heal a few people in his home country first.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haha latest scam email... are there really people with cash, dumb enough?

I reported a scam motor bike add from gumtree to the local cops here,they took 1 month but rang me up to tell me its an overseas scam they cant get to it. The ad says the bike is in storage they client had to go overseas etc etc you get the gist,pay then they'll release it to you etc.
    Anyway cops recon they cant get them because the south African police wont work in with them to set them up both ends.

You see ads for stuff all time where a photo is lifted off another selling site and dropped into gumtree with different price etc.

Lazy c's.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The people that are caught are often vulnerable people themselves which is a shame and they do not report it because they feel so silly getting caught. I am still waiting for my money from Nigeria from my wife from Russia.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seriously, check this out ..... this is called scambaiting, and this one is legendary.

https://www.419eater.com/html/user_subs/steffy/steffyandsamull.html

That 419 eater site is hilarious. A '419' is the number in the Nigerian Penal Code which criminalised email confidence tricks, hence the name.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A really rare glimpse of history ..... the first ever online scam

Attached Images
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I often thought about creating a fake bank account and indulging one of these scams, just to see how far it goes. Ya know?
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Thread Information