Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default David price has no chin

Was shocking to see him fold from a pretty routine punch from Thompson,He may have power but that was a bad loss to a 41 year old journeyman.
    He needs to get back in the ring soon,to. Try to rebuild his confidence.
    Opinions please!
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Randomly i was thinking at start of fight whats going to happen when he gets caught clean..... And there it was thompson is no destroyer and looked in terrible shape. Hes got a long road back to world level. Its ok when hes beating up has beens and never beens mabey maloney rushed him a bit. Ill never forget olympics when in a similar fashion he folded against camareli and i said then he had no chin and would struggle as a pro.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: David price has no chin

Exactly as you say.. It was a pretty shocking way to go out all things considered, doesn't bode well for him at all. I don't think you can even compare it to the early losses of Lennox or Wladimir, for instance; he responded terribly to a pretty mediocre shot from a guy who isn't a puncher. The way he just collapsed and went fetal, and never really showed any urgency to clear his head was fairly odd to me, almost as if he mentally accepted that he was done as soon as he went down.

Getting right back into swing would obviously serve him well, but he needs to be very careful with who he takes on for a good while at least. You can't get by with absolutely no punch resistance as a HW and still be an offensive fighter, and I'm not sure he's good enough to really adopt a different approach entirely. Won't be any shortage of guys fancying their chances that's for sure.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We all knew this would happen.

Price needs to build some serious shoulder/neck muscles. Otherwise just quit.

I am devistated about his loss, but I dnt wanna see him return and get kod again.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Getting wobbled by a punch you dont see is one thing , even taking a count, but to be stopped by that punch was very very shocking.
    He was sort of curled up in a heap for about 4 seconds before he tried to get to his feet.
    If you havent seen the fight its on youtube.

We said it would tell us alot about Price , well it told us he has power , speed , size , and poor punch resistance.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He should have known better, I think price will fight a couple of bums now like khan would.
    I think fury should call his fight off and smash Thompson in 2.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Price may not have the best chin in the World,! but in HW boxing anything can happen theses a large
    individuals all there punches hurt. Am I surprised he got KO, not really as rebuilding himself what
    level I'm not sure. Remember Wald Klit has tasted defeat , so you never no do you.!

Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dropanuke View Post
    He should have known better, I think price will fight a couple of bums now like khan would.
    I think fury should call his fight off and smash Thompson in 2.
    Fury is a terrible scourge on British boxing, he embarrasses us all in and outside of the ring. Both Price and Khan are better boxers who are good for the sport. Khan will win another belt and Price will be back.

Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Peter Fury has called Thompson "an old nobody" and then said that he wants Tyson to fight him after Cunningham. That tells you all you need to know about Fury.

Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Price may not have the best chin in the World,! but in HW boxing anything can happen theses a large
    individuals all there punches hurt. Am I surprised he got KO, not really as rebuilding himself what
    level I'm not sure. Remember Wald Klit has tasted defeat , so you never no do you.!

You are right Dia. I have seen many a fighter go down from an innocuous looking temple punch and then usually find their feet again. The huge size of both fighters last night was a factor in Price being unable to get up and maybe he is too fragile for the pro game, but I am not writing him off yet. He has been caught a few times in his short pro career and not been wobbled so we will have to see. He made a rookie mistake and paid for it but he could learn from it and come back a better fighter. He has the firepower to get most people out of there, so we will see.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gotta love fury then. Wants to make a statement but beating prices conqueror! That's how ya do it. Klits can learn from this

Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gotta love fury then. Wants to make a statement but beating prices conqueror! That's how ya do it. Klits can learn from this
    Prices conqueror who according to you is a bum and is "proper Shite" ?
    If Fury is the man why is he eager to fight someone his trainer thinks is an old nobody?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thompson vs fury is now a fight thats makes sense in a business factor, mabey the fury camp do think hes a bum but now that is a marketable fight. Business.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Accidents happen, a lot of even the best Heavyweights have been knocked out/stopped on the way up, and even for some, when in the midst of their peak run.

The problem Price has, is his chin has let him down before.

But he is an excellent offensive fighter, who uses his physical tools well. Maybe he needs to look at someone like Wlad to find an example of how to deal with a potentially soft chin.

On the plus side; in the warped boxing world we live in, maybe this defeat could open the door to good money fights. If the likes of Fury et al feel even if behind on the scorecards that one bomb on Price's chin wins them the fight, maybe they will do business.

Price is going to have to live with this defeat, it will always be thrown in his face by some. He has to deal with that, but providing he can get over any doubts he has, it should not be a huge issue.

A 16 fight prospect taking a merciless beating is potentially damaging; a 16 fight prospect walking into a punch from a pretty decent fighter, is, providing the fighter gets over it psychologically, at worse a bit embarrassing.
    Last edited by Britkid; 02-24-2013 at 11:01 AM.
    "Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it."

George Foreman

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Prices conqueror who according to you is a bum and is "proper Shite" ?
    If Fury is the man why is he eager to fight someone his trainer thinks is an old nobody?
    Ol greenbeenz getting all hissy

Iv said this all along! Prices level of opponents were dropping after sexton, not getting better. Then Maloney has a bright spark and throws him in with Thompson. I said it had the potential to tits up and Maloney would regret it.

There was a few times he's looked vulnerable, against sexton a couple of times and against skelton. It just showed me he's there for the taking if someone was just willing to get in close and punch with him.

He isn't a wrecking machine, he looked flummoxed how to get past Thompson's pawing jab.

Just because you think Fury is a twat dosnt mean he hasnt learnt a hell of a lot more about how to actually fight and the pro game than Price. If they had fought each other last night, it would have been even funnier because Furys post fight interview telling us he told us he'd smash Price, who was a big stiff idiot, would have made you even more hissy

Thread Information