Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Eddie Hearn to announce huge signing on Monday, rumour is it's George Groves

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Eddie Hearn to announce huge signing on Monday, rumour is it's George Groves

Eddie Hearn has announced that Matchroom are announcing a major signing who will make his promotional debut on March 9th and will be the first name on the undercard bill of Froch-Kessler II. The word is that George Groves is unhappy with Frank Warren and wants to leave. This places his European Title fight in doubt for March 16th, unless they've moved it a week earlier. This would be a huge blow to Warren who has been promoting Groves for the Burns bill in 2 weeks. If it is Groves, I expect a legal battle.

http://news.boxrec.com/news/2013/mat...signing-monday

http://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-ann...-groves--62926
    Last edited by bzkfn; 03-02-2013 at 11:59 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Eddie Hearn to announce huge signing on Monday, rumour is it's George Groves

New article confirms it is George Groves.

Groves set to leave Warren for Hearn | BoxRecNews

I am massively impressed with the work Eddie Hearn has done recently. In the last 3 years they've kept Prizefighter going, signed Froch, Barker, Frampton, Brook, Bellew, McCloskey, Rees etc, and put on some quality domestic fights such as Crolla-Matthews. Every card is full of decent fights. I'm not surprised Sky decided to sign an exclusive deal with Hearn and walk away from other promoters.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Eddie Hearn to announce huge signing on Monday, rumour is it's George Groves

Match room are good promoters, they give us good fights and put on a good show the last Prize fighter
    was excellent, Barry gave us Eubank sr, and Eddie his son is doing a fine job, you can't blame Groves
    Warren is going stale, Ive always enjoyed Sky's boxing, programs well produced professional unlike
    Boxnation that look like they are made for 2 bob.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eddie Hearn is Brilliant...really like the Guy ... he seems genuine too and the Fighters all seem to like and respect him.

He's pushing boxing forward and he is a genuine fan ... he was on ringside recently on Sky Sports and was saying (obviously because of who his dad is) he grew up watching the likes of Hearns, Duran etc and is a total boxing nut.

The footage of him after Froch Smashed Bute is hilarious , he just leaps on Froch then lifts him up while the fight is technically still on

Wonder what will become of Adam Booth now too as it seems Haye v Klit aint ever gonna happen and i don't see David fighting again to be honest.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Groves is a slag jumps with any promoter now I can not see him on Box Nation.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Groves is a slag jumps with any promoter now I can not see him on Box Nation.

I don't see how anyone can blame any fighter for wanting to try and gain as much ££ as possible in their career, fuck it if i was in a sport where i risked my life every time i did it i would... only a fool wouldn't.

I like Groves ... how he didn't smash Degale after his verbal assault on Ringside that time was amazing.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No I do not blame him, I am a fan of Groves but lately he has been inactive and injured and I think Degale has over taken him including going on channel 5.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Degale and groves better hope froch retires as they wont be world champions with him around.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Degale and groves better hope froch retires as they wont be world champions with him around.
    I have doubts they are both world class but by the time they will be ready Froch may be retired and Ward may have moved up.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just read on sky sports news that Groves is fighting this weekend on the Darren Barker card and he's fighting a guy named Dario German Balmaceda...I can't say I have ever heard of this guy before, but at least Eddie will be keeping Groves busy which he needs to be.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's 11 wins 6 losses 2 draws and he's been stopped 5 times. Groves should walk through him!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

George Groves returns to the ring on Saturday after switching promoters | Sky Sports

Heres the link, he also says he wants to fight the Abraham-Steiglitz winner, which is a realistic fight. He also said he wants the Froch-Kessler winner, but I dont think either of those two would want a Groves fight.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Photos: George Groves Becomes a Matchroom Fighter - Boxing News

Photos of Groves becoming a matchroom fighter.

Thread Information