Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Barker,Macklin,Murray or Lee

With Darren Barker fighting this Saturday and saying he has heard enough from Macklin who seems to think he is the top dog, coupled with rumours of a fight between Barker and Lee, and Macklin having called out both, who do you think is the best middleweight and in which order do you rate the other three ?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Barker,Macklin,Murray or Lee

I think the Poll order has revealed my order

1. Darren Barker
    2. Matthew Macklin
    3. Martin Murray
    4. Andy Lee

I don't necessarily think that this means Barker is the most likely to win a world title but I do believe that he is a clever enough boxer to beat the other three. Macklin has a lot of heart and a decent workrate with Murray not that far behind and sorry but I don't really rate Andy Lee.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post

1. Darren Barker
    2. Matthew Macklin
    3. Martin Murray
    4. Andy Lee

I don't necessarily think that this means Barker is the most likely to win a world title but I do believe that he is a clever enough boxer to beat the other three. Macklin has a lot of heart and a decent workrate with Murray not that far behind and sorry but I don't really rate Andy Lee.
    I see it the same way too. It's tough a list to put together for me. I can't help but think that at the world level, Andy Lee has a bit of a chin deficit.

I was a little disappointed in Barker's opponent this time around. I expected to try and get right back onto the world stage after the loss he suffered at the hands of Martinez. Instead, he's taking his time.

Macklin might just be the best of the group. It's a tough call between Macklin and Barker.

Murray is a bit of a wild card. I thought he performed great against Sturm and think he has a chance against Martinez.

It's a true shame that none of these guys has faced each other yet. If you add it, Proksa, as another top level UK-based middleweight, it becomes almost odd that there have been no-big UK domestic match-ups at middleweight.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMO

its 1) Murray 2) Barker 3) Macklin 4) Lee

I think its pretty close between Murray and Barker, I hope they can fight one day, it would be a great showdown.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    IMO

I think its pretty close between Murray and Barker, I hope they can fight one day, it would be a great showdown.
    I have it Macklin, Barker, Lee and Murray. I really don't rate Murray and don't see him beating any of the other bar maybe Lee. Lee has the tos to be the best if them but gets hit to easy. Don't forget he was ahead in all cards when he got KOd by Chavez, who may I add, refused to give a post fight urine sample.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    IMO

I have it Macklin, Barker, Lee and Murray. I really don't rate Murray and don't see him beating any of the other bar maybe Lee. Lee has the tos to be the best if them but gets hit to easy. Don't forget he was ahead in all cards when he got KOd by Chavez, who may I add, refused to give a post fight urine sample.
    Lee wasnt too impressive last time out against that Irish guy, and I think any of the other three would be too much for him. I think Lee would probably do better against a better fighter, but hes shown that he is beatable. I think Murray is decent and again I think he will do better against a better fight, I dont think he will beat Martinez but I think he will show us that he belongs at the top of the weight class. I hope these four can settle whos the best though, I think Barker is pushing for these fights, so hopefully they will happen soon.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMO

Lee wasnt too impressive last time out against that Irish guy, and I think any of the other three would be too much for him. I think Lee would probably do better against a better fighter, but hes shown that he is beatable. I think Murray is decent and again I think he will do better against a better fight, I dont think he will beat Martinez but I think he will show us that he belongs at the top of the weight class. I hope these four can settle whos the best though, I think Barker is pushing for these fights, so hopefully they will happen soon.
    I think Barker is pushing for these because it is the only way he will get a decent payday again. Can't see him winning a world title and isn't a big draw by himself so needs these guys. If he's smart he gets Lee and sooner rather then later. I can see Lee improving with his new trainer and should get good sparring with Groves in his camp

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMO

I think Barker is pushing for these because it is the only way he will get a decent payday again. Can't see him winning a world title and isn't a big draw by himself so needs these guys. If he's smart he gets Lee and sooner rather then later. I can see Lee improving with his new trainer and should get good sparring with Groves in his camp
    Barker is fighting this weekend so hopefully if he wins that he will be able to push for a fight with Lee. He was out for a while with injury as well, and I thought Barker looked decent in his last fight. Hopefully these fights do get made soon, because they would be good to watch.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMO

That's how I'd have it
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post

1. Darren Barker
    2. Matthew Macklin
    3. Martin Murray
    4. Andy Lee

Same.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Matthew Macklin
    2. Martin Murray
    3. Darren Barker
    4. Andy Lee

Murray has is a gift draw against Strum. Barker was comptitive for a couple of rounds against Sergio Martinez. Lee has never been any good. Macklin is the only one who's actually beaten anyone of note. Yes Yory Boy Campas and Joachim Alcine were both shot when he beat them and in reality there both meaningless wins. But it doesn't change the fact there still better wins than anything the other 3 have managed

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Barker is head, shoulders and bollocks above the others.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    I think Barker is head, shoulders and bollocks above the others.
    Based on what? Beating Darren McDermott? That's his best win. And that's not much

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i voted barker but i am suprised not to see macklin at the top

im glad they are all getting world title shots and all that but id like to see them fight each other now

i think it would be better for the british public at least
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ive changed my mind, i think id back macklin to beat barker
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Thread Information