Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If Marquez beats Floyd in a rematch, he's the greatest fighter of all times..

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If Marquez beats Floyd in a rematch, he's the greatest fighter of all times..

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Surpasses Ray Robinson and Ali..

Thoughts?
    Do you think Floyd is better than Sugar Ray Robinson,Joe Louis,Henry Armstrong,Willie Pep,Benny Leonard etc then?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If Marquez beats Floyd in a rematch, he's the greatest fighter of all times..

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post

Thoughts?
    Do you think Floyd is better than Sugar Ray Robinson,Joe Louis,Henry Armstrong,Willie Pep,Benny Leonard etc then?
    Yea, without a doubt, Floyd is better than Benny Leonard, Pep, Armstrong and Joe Louis..

I know my boxing history but at the same time, I dont romanticize them.. Im not going to say Floyd is flat out better than Robinson but he's certainly better than the rest..

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thoughts?
    Yea, without a doubt, Floyd is better than Benny Leonard, Pep, Armstrong and Joe Louis..

I know my boxing history but at the same time, I dont romanticize them.. Im not going to say Floyd is flat out better than Robinson but he's certainly better than the rest..
    I rest my case.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd won every single round against Marquez, and carried him as well IMO.
    I think Floyd could have stopped him at any moment of the fight.

Marquez did land one good right hand against Floyd in the 2nd round, and we know now one right hand is all it takes this time around with Marquez and his proper training.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thoughts?

Clown!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post

Thoughts?

Clown!
    Stupid comments on a stupid thread

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marquez is already a great fighter, IF (take note of the capital letters) he could beat Mayweather then he is even greater. It is a hyperbolic thread title, but if we were to add 'one of the' then it isn't so shameful.

El Kabong Guest

Has Floyd beaten a Duran. Leonard, Hearns, Armstrong, Robinson? If he beats Canelo and Martinez MAYBE...other than that he is at the mercy of his era.
    Last edited by El Kabong; 03-08-2013 at 04:54 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Has Floyd beaten... Armstrong, Robinson?
    That milestone accomplishment was preserved for such boxing legends as Joe Conde,
    Richie Fontaine, Davey Abad, Tiger Jones, Paul Pender, ect. Hahaha

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Som View Post
    Perhaps if they were both in their primes.
    Loool

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post

Thoughts?
    Is this a joke? If he beat a 37 year old mayweather so what? He is not going to be considered a better fighter then Mayweather - ever!
    How is this a joke? This is as much a joke as Money coming in huge and exceeding the weight limit vs JMM in their first fight with JMM having no clue how to put on the weight correctly. Money punked him and used the obvious size advantage. All he displayed is a lack of class and how he will not fight a fight he can lose ! If JMM KO'd Money he deserves to be called that. Yet if Money beats JMM again & continues to cherry pick you consider him the greatest of all time? I do not see JMM KOing Money out , however if he were to put Money to sleep the way he did Pac hell he has every right to be considered the best all time. JMM is 40 so why the reference to a 37 year old Mayweather.
    A built in excuse? What are you half Pac fan ?

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Has Floyd beaten a Duran. Leonard, Hearns, Armstrong, Robinson? If he beats Caneli and Martinez MAYBE...other than that he is at the mercy of his era.
    Mayweathe is an ATG but I agree the competition in his era does not warrant him to be the ATG ..est !!

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hardcore_crash View Post
    Floyd won every single round against Marquez, and carried him as well IMO.
    I think Floyd could have stopped him at any moment of the fight.

Marquez did land one good right hand against Floyd in the 2nd round, and we know now one right hand is all it takes this time around with Marquez and his proper training.
    Yeah, and you know Money bent the rules in his favor right? JMM should have just pulled out of the fight but he has what Money will never have integrity ! Now that JMM knows how to get his body to 143-147 I see s more competitive fight but it would have to take place within a year. Money has looked shady lately. This is not stuff of legends:

ODLH would have won the decision had he continued to jab but for some reason simply stopped throwing it the 2nd half of the fight
    An over hyped skill-less Hatton
    A blown up virgen welterweigh JMM, while he comes in 2 lbs over the limit and did not even attempt to lose those 2 pounds. Then blew up more on fight night i9big over sight / huge size advantage.
    A washed up old Mosely
    A sucker punch KO administered to Ortiz
    A washed up Cotto
    A light hitting Guerrero upcoming ........ What a fake ass P4P cherry picking MFer .......... Tired of his and Pac's cherry picking days .... Thank goodness ones reign has come to an end . looking foward to Moneys bankruptcy in the ring.

How is this ATG-est material talk ?
    Last edited by Addicted to_boxing; 03-08-2013 at 09:14 AM.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JMM should make this fight, it is his last big mountain to climb, win or lose he should retire after it. It makes sense.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    And if Earth bloats up to 12 times its diameter, it will be the largest planet in our solar system.
    I appreciate the attempted sarcasm, but this just simply isn't true.

The actual number is 1321.5 times to be the largest overall planet.

However it would take 11.2 earths just to fit once across Jupiters diameter. (Jupiter being the largest and larger than all the other planets combined)

Source: Astronomy education.
    Last edited by Vendettos; 03-08-2013 at 02:00 PM.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Thread Information