Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If Marquez beats Floyd in a rematch, he's the greatest fighter of all times..

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If Marquez beats Floyd in a rematch, he's the greatest fighter of all times..

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    And if Earth bloats up to 12 times its diameter, it will be the largest planet in our solar system.
    I appreciate the attempted sarcasm, but this just simply isn't true.

The actual number is 1321.5 times to be the largest overall planet.

However it would take 11.2 earths just to fit once across Jupiters diameter. (Jupiter being the largest and larger than all the other planets combined)

Source: Astronomy education.

I knew someone would eventually call me on that.
    But my statement is still true.

Note that I specifically said "12 times its diameter". So because, as you correctly put it, Jupiter's diameter is 11.2 times that of Earth, it follows suit that if Earth bloated up to 12 times its diameter, it would be larger than Jupiter. We're talking diameter... not volume or mass.

Hey at least you read it.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If Marquez beats Floyd in a rematch, he's the greatest fighter of all times..

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Surpasses Ray Robinson and Ali..

Thoughts?
    Do you think Floyd is better than Sugar Ray Robinson,Joe Louis,Henry Armstrong,Willie Pep,Benny Leonard etc then?
    Yea, without a doubt, Floyd is better than Benny Leonard, Pep, Armstrong and Joe Louis..

I know my boxing history but at the same time, I dont romanticize them.. Im not going to say Floyd is flat out better than Robinson but he's certainly better than the rest..
    Disagree. I don't consider Floyd in the top of all-time by any means so a win over Floyd doesn't make Marquez an all-time great, let alone the goat. A win over Floyd would do wonders for anyone's legacy, of course, because he is a future HOF and an amazing fighter.

With regard to Marquez, there are many ways he can better his legacy that don't involve Floyd or Manny. Be real, other than Pacquiao, his glory days were at, or around featherweight. He hasn't faced a top junior welterweight or welterweight (or even lightweight) not named Floyd or Manny. Look at the guys he could face right now that are relative threats near his weight class: Bradley, Alexander, Matthysse, Garcia, Peterson, Khan, Broner etc.

With regard to the historical guys mentioned above, Floyd ain't even in their league on a legacy basis. He can't be. He just hasn't faced enough good fighters to be. He hasn't had one defining win above 135 pounds. When was the last time he cleared out a division like say Andre Ward has at 168? Who in Floyd's career is making the Hall of Fame based on talent and wins? Then consider about the number of guys that Floyd has missed during his career.

There are just too many ways to criticize his legacy for him to be on the same level as the guys mentioned above. Those guys mentioned fought multiple guys who were at the top of the food chain when they fought them. In my opinion, the only way you can have Floyd in your top boxers of all-time is if it is a head to head type of list and you think talent-wise and style-wise he would beat other fighters, but, legacy-wise, he's not even remotely close.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 03-08-2013 at 09:15 PM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Surpasses Ray Robinson and Ali..

Thoughts?
    You are an idiot! That's my first thought.

Thread Information