Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Timothy Bradley Jr. vs. Ruslan Provodnikov - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Timothy Bradley Jr. vs. Ruslan Provodnikov - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Jones was reduced to silence and laugh in the 11th when Kellerman called him on "No Max hes not feeling these punches at all. They are only hitting the top of Tims head and not connecting on his chin so hes really not hurt"...Max basically shut him down off that

114-113 still after replay. Round 6th was this fight in a nut shell. Quality over quantity.
    Bradley showed a lot of heart and/or cojones surviving the 12 rounds, there no question about that. I don't argue the decision, because during the middle rounds Tim sucked it up and Provo let himself get outworked and outboxed. Remember Provo had little championship experience, and although Tim isn't a big puncher he was definately getting Provo's attention. (look at a replay of his face)
    I would have like to see Provo get the nod, but it wasn't to be. Provo did 3 times the damage Pacquiao did, but he fell short on the cards because he got outworked. Pac on the other hand was able to outbox Bradley, there wasn't any doubt who won that fight.

Tim isn't going to be the same fighter after what happened last night. He got his ass handed to him, he simply does not have enough power, and he's too small to compete with the big dogs at welterweight.
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 03-18-2013 at 06:20 AM.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Timothy Bradley Jr. vs. Ruslan Provodnikov - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    I had to turn it off by I think by rd 4 or 5. Lapdog and crew were firmly attached to Timmy's nut sack. The ref was even looking for a way to get Timmy out of it the freakin hack.
    Kellerman was the one calling Lamps and Jones on it throughout. He tried to reel them in as they were all over Bradley.

How anyone scored the 11th Bradley is a mystery to me.

I was going to say that Max is the last bastion of objectivity on the broadcasts but unfortunately in order to listen to him I have to listen to Lapdog and hired guests. I could not believe Roy. Never heard that kind of bias from him before.
    Love Roy as a boxer, but he was absolutely terrible as a commentator last night. Cheer leading for Bradley the whole way and pompously comparing his heart to his own courage in the ring. It was nice to see Bradley get dropped at the end and shut Roy up. He was imagining punches hurting Provodnikov "really bad" when they weren't doing all that much damage.
    I've never been a fan of RJJ, either as a human being, boxer or an announcer, that's just the way it is, I almost always mute the sound when he's calling a fight on HBO.
    Whats not to like ? He was an amazing fighter and is a nice man.

Shit commentator last night though.
    Just never have cared for the dude, my favorite RJJ fights were the 1st Tarver fight and when he got destroyed by Glenn Johnson. As for his announcing, the first go round with HBO was the RJJ appreciation show, with Lampley and Merchant taking turns telling him how fucking great he was and sticking their nose up his, egotistical, game cock fighting, rapper ass.
    Since he's come back to HBO the 2nd time, I just can't take the shit that dribbles out of his mouth, I feel pretty sure that he gave Bradley a blow job after the fight last night, the way he was hanging on his nuts. (Lampley too)

Hey, you asked @Hulk
    And I have the forked tongue!

How eccentric you are!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jones was reduced to silence and laugh in the 11th when Kellerman called him on "No Max hes not feeling these punches at all. They are only hitting the top of Tims head and not connecting on his chin so hes really not hurt"...Max basically shut him down off that

114-113 still after replay. Round 6th was this fight in a nut shell. Quality over quantity.
    Bradley showed a lot of heart and/or cojones surviving the 12 rounds, there no question about that. I don't argue the decision, because during the middle the middle rounds Tim sucked it up and Provo let himself get outworked and outboxed. Remember Provo had little championship experience, and although Tim isn't a big puncher he was definately getting Provo's attention. (look at a replay of his face)
    I would have like to see Provo get the nod, but it wasn't to be. Provo did 3 times the damage Pacquiao did, but he fell short on the cards because he got outworked. Pac on the other hand was able to outbox Bradley, there wasn't any doubt who won that fight.

Tim isn't going to be the same fighter after what happened last night. He got his ass handed to him, he simply does not have enough power, and he's too small to compete with the big dogs at welterweight.
    Bradley has too much heart and chin and not enough stamina and stopping power to keep the tight boxing we saw in spots. It started with me in the Campbell fight when he got zero respect...he turned boxer at start and he looked very sound and improved but Nate stole the show with that put on about his eye etc. His heart-instinct kept him in lastnight in spots when he was literally fighting concussed (end of 2nd, 6th) and rounds 3,4,5 were his best boxing. In a way Provo learning but loosing those rounds might do him better in long run. He needs set up and a 2nd gear. Shit make Provo Rios...or Maidana Can only hope they find way to rematch! That great fight left you worn out

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bradley showed a lot of heart and/or cojones surviving the 12 rounds, there no question about that. I don't argue the decision, because during the middle the middle rounds Tim sucked it up and Provo let himself get outworked and outboxed. Remember Provo had little championship experience, and although Tim isn't a big puncher he was definately getting Provo's attention. (look at a replay of his face)

Bradley has too much heart and chin and not enough stamina and stopping power to keep the tight boxing we saw in spots. It started with me in the Campbell fight when he got zero respect...he turned boxer at start and he looked very sound and improved but Nate stole the show with that put on about his eye etc. His heart-instinct kept him in lastnight in spots when he was literally fighting concussed (end of 2nd, 6th) and rounds 3,4,5 were his best boxing. In a way Provo learning but loosing those rounds might do him better in long run. He needs set up and a 2nd gear. Shit make Provo Rios...or Maidana Can only hope they find way to rematch! That great fight left you worn out
    Absolutely a great fight, which was the last thing I expected from Bradley. I really thought Provo would get somewhat schooled and we'd see a boring UD for Bradley, who knew.

I believe Bradley was trying to show everyone that he was an exciting fighter, with underrated power in the first 2 rounds, by going for the KO, and it backfired on him. Thanks Tim, this was your most exciting fight ever.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Prov would get destroyed by Maidana , Rios, Mathysse. He caught Bradley with a heavy punch early on, and Bradley never fully recovered. Prov should have won imo , but i don't see him winning a rematch with Bradley , or a fight with the guys mentioned above.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by gest12645 View Post
    Prov would get destroyed by Maidana , Rios, Mathysse. He caught Bradley with a heavy punch early on, and Bradley never fully recovered. Prov should have won imo , but i don't see him winning a rematch with Bradley , or a fight with the guys mentioned above.
    I'm not so sure that Bradley will ever totally recover from this fight, he took a pretty bad beating. I can see why some might think Bradley would "box" his way to a win in a rematch, but Provo might be even better and he'd make another war out of it.

I don't think Bradley would want a rematch with Provo, he might be looking elsewhere for a bigger payday, this fight likely improved his marketability with casual fans.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not so sure that Bradley will ever totally recover from this fight, he took a pretty bad beating. I can see why some might think Bradley would "box" his way to a win in a rematch, but Provo might be even better and he'd make another war out of it.

I don't think Bradley would want a rematch with Provo, he might be looking elsewhere for a bigger payday, this fight likely improved his marketability with casual fans.
    I agree . Bradley can make much more money in different fights. Welterweight is a very packed division. Bradley should move back to 140 if he can make the weight.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Provo is the literal expression of "Let sleeping dogs lie"...Bradley won't have none of it. I think Provo wins-improves his set up and pressure if it happens though and gets the win.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Provo is the literal expression of "Let sleeping dogs lie"...Bradley won't have none of it. I think Provo wins-improves his set up and pressure if it happens though and gets the win.

I don't bud. I think Bradley wins big in the rematch by simply changing his start.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Provo proved he can beat Bradley, but can he beat Top Rank?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't bud. I think Bradley wins big in the rematch by simply changing his start.
    When he got clocked, he budged...and he will always fall into slug with his heart on his sleeve. Holt, Peterson, Abregu, Provo.. Its a testament to his courage but a curse to his skill. Also, hes not the only one who can adapt and make change.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does anyone have a link for fight replay?
    I want to watch it again to see if it was a knockdown or not.
    Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Provo proved he can beat Bradley, but can he beat Top Rank?
    <br />
    <br />
    That's about the best Quixote I've seen on here. Both Prov and Omatoso won their respective fights, but they weren't the 'features' so to speak.

Prov deserved at least FOUR 10-8 rounds in that fight... How the F*ck can ANYONE see the fight for Bradley? That's a 112 maximum score...

(Round 1, 2 , 12... & If I hit you and you SIT on the bottom rope, that's a knock down...)

Side Note: Pat Russell is currently the WORST ref in the USA... Go check any of his fights... All biased, all questionable. Quick stoppages, saving fighters, etc. How did his final 8 count take 17 seconds?

SHAMEFUL

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When he got clocked, he budged...and he will always fall into slug with his heart on his sleeve. Holt, Peterson, Abregu, Provo.. Its a testament to his courage but a curse to his skill. Also, hes not the only one who can adapt and make change.

Hmmm well I don't think Provo can make any adjustments as he looks to be a one way fighter. When Bradley adjusted from his bull in a china shop routine he controlled the action and the fight. Bradley does not have the power to hook with a hooker and when he tries he gets clipped.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Does anyone have a link for fight replay?
    I want to watch it again to see if it was a knockdown or not.
    Thank you.

Try this one. Its hq from a Russian site.

Проводников-Брэдли, 1/2 (вринге.ком) - HD видеохостинг Киносток

Thread Information