Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Timothy Bradley Jr. vs. Ruslan Provodnikov - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Does anyone have a link for fight replay?
    I want to watch it again to see if it was a knockdown or not.
    Thank you.

Try this one. Its hq from a Russian site.

Проводников-Брэдли, 1/2 (вринге.ком) - HD видеохостинг Киносток
    Thank you kind sir

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by gest12645 View Post
    Prov would get destroyed by Maidana , Rios, Mathysse. He caught Bradley with a heavy punch early on, and Bradley never fully recovered. Prov should have won imo , but i don't see him winning a rematch with Bradley , or a fight with the guys mentioned above.
    He would beat maidana would be a very gd fight but prov looks a better boxer maidana is very crude

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watching the fight again i had bradley winning 8-4

7-5 if im being generous.

Bradley is a true warrior who when he was boxing won easy.

Can bradley win the peoples heart with this gutsy performance?

The thing is though, a better boxer with decent power will beat bradley.

Provodnikov deserves a rematch.

Great fight.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Timothy Bradley Jr. vs. Ruslan Provodnikov - Saturday night fight/chat thread

That was a poor performance by Bradley, he hand-picked an opponent to look good against and failed. Bradley is a B level champion like Paulie. He is not up there with JMM and Floyd or even Manny.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    That was a poor performance by Bradley, he hand-picked an opponent to look good against and failed. Bradley is a B level champion like Paulie. He is not up there with JMM and Floyd or even Manny.
    He keeps winning master.
    Bit harsh on lil timothey?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Timothy Bradley Jr. vs. Ruslan Provodnikov - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Watching the fight again i had bradley winning 8-4

7-5 if im being generous.

Bradley is a true warrior who when he was boxing won easy.

Can bradley win the peoples heart with this gutsy performance?

The thing is though, a better boxer with decent power will beat bradley.

Provodnikov deserves a rematch.

Great fight.
    Yup, and controversy is that if you counted 10-8 rounds in the beginning of the fight, with a 7-5 rounds score, the fight could have been declared a draw.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's just false, my man. His resume is as good as any resume at or around that weight.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    That's just false, my man. His resume is as good as any resume at or around that weight.
    The thing is mentally bradley knew it was the last round so he took the best decision in taking the knee.

If he didnt, he would have been knocked out.

Bradley proved yet again he can mix it up when it gets tough even though hes not the hardest puncher.

I wonder if people would still hate on him if he fights mayweather and ko him in the 6th round..wow..what a story that would be.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am a Bradley fan but the reality is that he should have won that far easily than it tuned out to be. Bradley certainly showed heart but he has done that when knocked down and hurt by better fighters at the lower weight. Bradley cannot mix it at welterweight with the best fighters. He will try and lose and possibly go back down a division.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am a Bradley fan but the reality is that he should have won that far easily than it tuned out to be. Bradley certainly showed heart but he has done that when knocked down and hurt by better fighters at the lower weight. Bradley cannot mix it at welterweight with the best fighters. He will try and lose and possibly go back down a division.
    Bradley wanted to prove he fight.
    Bradley wanted to prove he can punch.
    I dont think he can punch that hard but he can mix it up a bit..he had his opponent hurt a few times.

Bradley could have boxed from get go but he ignored his trainer as something in him wanted to let the fans know and put that terrible feedback after the pac fight behind him and go an possibly get a ko.

In closing, bradley has shown me he has the heart of a lion that can wear his opponents down with his persisting pitty patty punches.

Can he beat a 40 yr old marquez.?
    Yes..yes he can.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Provo is the literal expression of "Let sleeping dogs lie"...Bradley won't have none of it. I think Provo wins-improves his set up and pressure if it happens though and gets the win.

I don't bud. I think Bradley wins big in the rematch by simply changing his start.
    When he got clocked, he budged...and he will always fall into slug with his heart on his sleeve. Holt, Peterson, Abregu, Provo.. Its a testament to his courage but a curse to his skill. Also, hes not the only one who can adapt and make change.

Hmmm well I don't think Provo can make any adjustments as he looks to be a one way fighter. When Bradley adjusted from his bull in a china shop routine he controlled the action and the fight. Bradley does not have the power to hook with a hooker and when he tries he gets clipped.
    I don't see why he cant really? The guys a younk turk still very much learning who knows he belongs now and can do damage on a championship stage. Hes not some worn down guy trying to reinvent himself because what he does no longer works..he has learned more in that war than probally his last few fights combined. He flat just needs to throw more punches. Work on stamina and Bradley was put into corners and along the ropes more then I ever remember him being and its clear he can hurt Tim badly in the beginning, the middle, and the end. I think he adjusts and as a Tauras I favor the Bull most days

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have no problem with Bradley winning the fight, but I didn't have it that way.

To me, what may have beeen one of the 4 most boring rounds of the bout was the 7th but it also may have been the most pivotal. A badly dazed Bradley came out, feigning punches and keeping on his bike while landing almost NOTHING of consequence. Provodnikov didn't exactly light the ring on fire in the round but landed the only significant blows of the round and anything he got hit with was absolute pitter pat. Bradley didn't set his feet at all that round. I ask everyone to go back and actually watch that round and it probably works best if you watch that round exclusively. Provodnikov won it! And by a wide margin I would argue. In the flow of the fight, it felt like a letdown round for Provodnikov because he wasn't able to hurt Bradley or stack any momentum in his favor after a huge 6th round. I get that the round was a dud for Provodnikov but that doesn't mean he didn't win it. The eighth round was Bradley boxing beautiful, not getting hit and actually landing punches of consequence. That's how you win a round without having to set your feet much. The 7th is the antithesis of that. I get how people scored it for Bradley, because it just had the feel of a Bradley round because he was only losing up to that point when he did get stationary but he lost that round. The tenth is the huge one, I could see it being scored either way but I would absolutely score it for Provodnikov.

So you have rounds 1,2,6,7,10,11,12 for Provodnikov on my card. Even without a 10-8 round in the first or second, even if you give the 10th to Bradley (there is no argument for the 7th imo) then you still get a Provodnikov decision win. I understand I'm in the minority and I know there were 3 swing rounds, that's just how I scored it.

Bradley fought excellent though, he just was being MOVED by punches. Towards the end, it was even the jab that was hurting Bradley and just physically pushing him backwards. Bradley carries the left pretty low and always stays real loose which is why he can let so much leather fly but at 147 pounds, those punches have a lot more effect on him than they did at 140. That right hand over the low left of Bradley hurt him EVERY time it landed. He did his best work when he was able to avoid the Provodnikov jab and keep him for closing in behind that jab. Then he pitter pat around Provodnikov's guard from a distance, kept Provodnikov plodding and handcuffed. That's what he did in the 8th and that's what made me think he was the best 140 pounder on the planet a few years ago when the division was brimming with really good, young talent.

And yes, Roy was terrible. Please everyone, go rewatch the most boring round of a great fight Tell me Bradley won it, no way! That is all. Yeah though, HBO has a Roy Jones problem whenever he sees even a tiny bit of himself in a guy.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roy was very PRO bradley which i thought is poor form for any commentator.

I suppose as well it depends on what type of boxing fan you are.

We all like a bit of action, fiery exchanges but i prefer the boxing side alot more.

The middle part of the fight bradley was out boxing prod and thats what won the fight for me.

Look at the state of prod face compared to bradley is another factor why it wasnt all one way traffic.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roy was very PRO bradley which i thought is poor form for any commentator.

I suppose as well it depends on what type of boxing fan you are.

We all like a bit of action, fiery exchanges but i prefer the boxing side alot more.

The middle part of the fight bradley was out boxing prod and thats what won the fight for me.

Look at the state of prod face compared to bradley is another factor why it wasnt all one way traffic.
    My favorite fighter is Pernell Whitaker, was a huge Winky fan and almost always side with the 'boxer' in close fights.

Watch round 7 though. I like boxing when it's actually effective, Bradley did nothin but flick out jabs that didn't land while Provosnikov landed 5 or 6 really nice punches at different points in the round. Bradley was just getting his legs under him, it was a smart round for him to take off but you shouldn't win a round for that. It worked because Bradley was really good in round 8 actually being effective using his legs. Just rewatch it if you get the chance.

Thread Information