Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Timothy Bradley Jr. vs. Ruslan Provodnikov - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Timothy Bradley Jr. vs. Ruslan Provodnikov - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Circling back after watching Provodnikov TKO Alvarado last night. Didn't know about this site until today.

I think Provodnikov beat Bradley decisively. I have watched a lot of boxing, a lot, and I am always amazed when I hear people say things like, "yeah, he may have gotten clocked several times in the fight but he still won the fight on points" which is exactly the argument Bradley fans made.

You always have to ask yourself after a fight who would you rather be. That will tell you who won the fight. Clearly, Bradley was much more damaged than Provodnikov. Bradley was out on his feet several times in the bout, fighting solely on grit and instincts, to his credit, but he did not win the fight. There were a few rounds that Provodnikov took off and Bradley won by default but Bradley did not win this fight. Not even close.

Now, Provodnikov has what is rightfully his, a world title belt. He should also be wearing the one Bradly has around his.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Timothy Bradley Jr. vs. Ruslan Provodnikov - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Rauber View Post
    Circling back after watching Provodnikov TKO Alvarado last night. Didn't know about this site until today.

I think Provodnikov beat Bradley decisively. I have watched a lot of boxing, a lot, and I am always amazed when I hear people say things like, "yeah, he may have gotten clocked several times in the fight but he still won the fight on points" which is exactly the argument Bradley fans made.

You always have to ask yourself after a fight who would you rather be. That will tell you who won the fight. Clearly, Bradley was much more damaged than Provodnikov. Bradley was out on his feet several times in the bout, fighting solely on grit and instincts, to his credit, but he did not win the fight. There were a few rounds that Provodnikov took off and Bradley won by default but Bradley did not win this fight. Not even close.

Now, Provodnikov has what is rightfully his, a world title belt. He should also be wearing the one Bradly has around his.
    Good post and welcome to the forum. I agree that Provodnikov won the Bradley fight and I will admit to subscribing, at least partially, to the "who would I rather be theory." With that said, boxing is still scored on a round by round basis and all rounds are weighted equally. You can buzz a guy, pile on and dominate trying for the stoppage and win a round 10-9. As a judge, it is imperative that you wipe the slate clean after a round like this and score the round in a vacuum. I would have rather been Provo in the Bradley bout but I have no problem with anyone scoring for Bradley because we do score round by round.

This goes both ways too. There are far to many rounds given to guys who lose rounds just because they did better then previous rounds, even if they didnt win them. I'm absolutely convinced this was C.J. Ross' problem in the PBF-Canelo fight. Think she just gave Canelo all the rounds where he made small progress and did better than he did previously and shit rolled downhill to the tune of a scorecard that read a draw. So its a thing that should go both ways but we pretty much agree. My card (and I'm trying to remember off the very top of my head) was 114-113 Provo. You could have extended that to 114-111 with two rounds that couldve (or should have) been 10-8.

Thread Information