Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kessler VS Froch II, who wins the rematch???

Share/Bookmark
    LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Kessler VS Froch II, who wins the rematch???

This is gonna be a great fight like the first one. it will be interesting to see who comes out on top this time considering Kesslers inactivity and Froch's dominating performance against Bute.
    I'm thinking its pretty even this time, but I still favor Kessler by a hair.

either way, they are two great fighters, and it should be a kickass fight.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kessler VS Froch II, who wins the rematch???

I hate this is PPV but want to tach it. I think it will be a war which Froch will win and there will be a rubber match. I think this could be like a Frasier v Ali 3 where neither fighter will be the same again.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

froch ko 5

jon09 Guest

I think Froch will win by late ko. If Froch wins bring on Hopkins in the UK.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch will have home advantage the home crowd behind him, very similar styles makes for a good
    fight, I just think Froch may edge it, but a hard fought close fight this one.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Part of me still thinks Kessler is going to feint an injury at the last minute and bolt. I think Carl is going to bust him up and he knows it.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch, he is the God of War, right?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kessler is just to quick and skillfull for Froch.

The Bute fight was a stroke of genius and has injected a massive career bosst for Froch but I do believe had Kessler fought Bute that night, Bute would have been out of there sooner.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I fancied Froch when it was made but the more I think about it I'm worried about Kessler's speed. I wouldn't be stunned of a repeat close decision in Kessler's favour. I'm swinging back and forth in my mind though. Right now I'm thinking Kessler takes another decision but that may change come fight night.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's gonna be close but the odds that are available I'd be backing Kessler. I'm not sure why people are suggesting Froch by KO? Particularly in the 1st half. Apart from Bute he hadnt stopped a top fighter except for Taylor in the last round. Bute had a questionable chin while kesslers is solid. The most likely outcome for me is Froch on points a it is in England

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    It's gonna be close but the odds that are available I'd be backing Kessler. I'm not sure why people are suggesting Froch by KO? Particularly in the 1st half. Apart from Bute he hadnt stopped a top fighter except for Taylor in the last round. Bute had a questionable chin while kesslers is solid. The most likely outcome for me is Froch on points a it is in England
    I think there is a suggestion that Kesslers chin maybe waning a little with the Green KD used as evidence for this. Coupled with the fact he is getting older and Froch has improved since then I think this is why people fancy it. I'll be stunned if he stops him.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    I think there is a suggestion that Kesslers chin maybe waning a little with the Green KD used as evidence for this. Coupled with the fact he is getting older and Froch has improved since then I think this is why people fancy it. I'll be stunned if he stops him.
    Green is a known puncher and was at light heavy where he reckons he doesnt have to drain himself. Kessler got back up amd did a number on him. Kessler fights gung ho and does get caught but Green at light heavy is deffinitely a bigger puncher than Froch pr probably anyone at super middle right now.

He just treated Magee like a walk in the park. Magee is a good gate keeper and is a good defence, workout for anyone as he is good but not great. Kessler took him apart like no one has been able to do.

As long as Kessler isnt struggling with the weight nowadays I can see him winning easoer this time.
    Last edited by Memphis; 03-19-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Green is a known puncher and was at light heavy where he reckons he doesnt have to drain himself. Kessler got back up amd did a number on him. Kessler fights gung ho and does get caught but Green at light heavy is deffinitely a bigger puncher than Froch pr probably anyone at super middle right now.

He just treated Magee like a walk in the park. Magee is a good gate keeper and is a good defence, workout for anyone as he is good but not great. Kessler took him apart like no one has been able to do.

As long as Kessler isnt struggling with the weight nowadays I can see him winning easoer this time.
    It wasn't my opinion, I was just simply suggesting as to why people may have come to the conclusion Froch has a chance of stopping him. I wasn't saying I agree with it.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I though froch was unlucky not to get the decision last time

i think he will win more of the rounds more clearly this time

i cant see there being a KO either way
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a great fight. Since seeing him put down by Jermain Taylor, I've always thought Froch's chin was overrated a bit, and seeing Kessler's knockdown last time out made me think the same of him. I see them boxing more in this fight, as opposed to brawling like the last one. I favor Kessler by a hair too, but the fact that this fight is in the UK, might balance it out.

Thread Information