Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Wilder & Fury go at it on twitter

Wilder to Fury: You’re the biggest joke in the game

In a shocking turn of events, Tyson Fury has had a go at another fighter on twitter.

Thought it was kind of interesting to see them acknowledge each other in this way as it will likely build for a future fight between the 2.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wilder & Fury go at it on twitter

Check this out then, theres a few videos.

Fury winding Nazim Richardson up big time

Tyson Fury and Nazim Richardson Going at it - jayson cross EsNews Boxing - YouTube

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I want to like tyson fury but i just dont know if he can back up all these words

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    I want to like tyson fury but i just dont know if he can back up all these words
    He is so thick i hate him and he could win the george cross and id still hate him.
    Last edited by Dark Lord Al; 03-18-2013 at 05:33 PM.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

El Kabong Guest

Fury hasn't really tested himself vs a puncher has he? I remember he punched himself with an uppercut yes but his opponents haven't been the biggest punchers have they? Neven Pajkic knocked him down...that dude can't punch for crap. I would welcome a Wilder vs Fury fight, I think Deontay crushes Tyson.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Fury hasn't really tested himself vs a puncher has he? I remember he punched himself with an uppercut yes but his opponents haven't been the biggest punchers have they? Neven Pajkic knocked him down...that dude can't punch for crap. I would welcome a Wilder vs Fury fight, I think Deontay crushes Tyson.
    According to Fury, while he was shouting at Cunningham and Richardson in the press comference, he said the only reason he is having to resort to fighting a chinny cruiserweight is because Arreola, Adamek, Stivern and Wilder turned the fight down and Cunningham was the only one willing to take the fight. Even Cunningham himself said that no other top heavies want to risk it against Fury because of his size. That is a compliment because there have been some massive men recently that are just shit. Its not just his size that is putting them off its the skills that are progressing.

On one of the comments underneath the press conference video, someone has pointed out how confused Nazim looks and sounds when Fury says that Cunningham isnt as good as Kevin Johnson and how he beat him every round. It looks like Nazim didnt even realise that Fury had fought and beat Johnson.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    He is so thick i hate him and he could win the george cross and id still hate him.
    Couldn't agree more al.

I reckon wilder and price both have his chin well scoped if he meets either of them.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    According to Fury, while he was shouting at Cunningham and Richardson in the press comference, he said the only reason he is having to resort to fighting a chinny cruiserweight is because Arreola, Adamek, Stivern and Wilder turned the fight down and Cunningham was the only one willing to take the fight. Even Cunningham himself said that no other top heavies want to risk it against Fury because of his size. That is a compliment because there have been some massive men recently that are just shit. Its not just his size that is putting them off its the skills that are progressing.

On one of the comments underneath the press conference video, someone has pointed out how confused Nazim looks and sounds when Fury says that Cunningham isnt as good as Kevin Johnson and how he beat him every round. It looks like Nazim didnt even realise that Fury had fought and beat Johnson.
    He should focus on who is infront of him and not talk so much shit about other fighters because he will look very stupid if he slips up and loses.

I agree absolutely about the skills not progressing that's 100% why Wlad and Vitali have had such an easy go of it...they are greatly skilled. Yes, yes, I know everyone hates them or complains about them but they are truly skilled heavyweights. There's not many holes in their game. Wlad is chinny but you've got to find a way to get your power punches to land on his chin and THEN you have to follow up, much easier said than done. Usually the smaller heavyweights are better technical fighters, guys like Adamek, Povetkin, Haye, Chagaev, Chambers, etc...perhaps Cunningham could outbox Fury, I doubt it because of Tyson's size & strength, but you never know.

As for Wilder he's very raw but like Price he has game changing power and he seems to be able to connect pretty well....eventually he'll need a plan B but right now he's a threat to damn near everyone with that power even Wladimir....chances are Wlad's brain carries that fight easily, but the element of danger is there.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If the heavyweights are going to continue not facing each other with any kind of regularity.... they may as well fight it out on Twitter.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post

He should focus on who is infront of him and not talk so much shit about other fighters because he will look very stupid if he slips up and loses.

I agree absolutely about the skills not progressing that's 100% why Wlad and Vitali have had such an easy go of it...they are greatly skilled. Yes, yes, I know everyone hates them or complains about them but they are truly skilled heavyweights. There's not many holes in their game. Wlad is chinny but you've got to find a way to get your power punches to land on his chin and THEN you have to follow up, much easier said than done. Usually the smaller heavyweights are better technical fighters, guys like Adamek, Povetkin, Haye, Chagaev, Chambers, etc...perhaps Cunningham could outbox Fury, I doubt it because of Tyson's size & strength, but you never know.

As for Wilder he's very raw but like Price he has game changing power and he seems to be able to connect pretty well....eventually he'll need a plan B but right now he's a threat to damn near everyone with that power even Wladimir....chances are Wlad's brain carries that fight easily, but the element of danger is there.
    The jury is really out on Wilder. How's his chin? Can he box rounds? We literally have no idea. Fury has a much deeper resume than Wilder and that is saying something.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    If the heavyweights are going to continue not facing each other with any kind of regularity.... they may as well fight it out on Twitter.
    Fighting it out on Twitter usually means somebody winds up showing their ass.
    Stupid idea in my opinion, why disrespect each other when there I no money involved. YET!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Stupid idea in my opinion, why disrespect each other when there I no money involved. YET!
    So they can bitch about each other with millions of followers watching, thus building a future fight. It'll mean more money in the future.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't do Twitter or Facebook or carry any hand held gadgets of any kind. When I write a letter I do so with a PEN.

I think twitter/social media wars between fighters are lame.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    So they can bitch about each other with millions of followers watching, thus building a future fight. It'll mean more money in the future.
    Could be.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like him or loath him Fury is a character and I hope he is successful in the game as we need these fights in the future. It will be exciting if they live up to their hype.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information