Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Upcoming Fights

Quite a lot of interesting fights over the next few days so thought Id post some of my opinions on them:

Viktor Postol v Henry Lundy - As it is in Ukraine I have to give the home fighter the edge but it is an interesting fight. Lundy is no mug and has good boxing skills but I suspect Postol wins a decision with a score card that flatters him

Billy Joe Saunders v Matthew Hall - Hall in a bad run of form but Saunders hasnt impressed me of late. I hope Saunders gets back on track with a KO win but suspect he will just do enough for a points victory.

Agbeko v Melendez - cant say much for Melendez but suspect this is just a fight to get Agbeko back to winning ways and say he stops him in the mid rounds.

Odlanier Solis v Leif Larsen - Im presuming Solis will have too much for the unbeaten Norweigan but have not seen any of his fights. Anyone know much about him?

Helenius v Sprott - Sprott coming off his biggest win in a long time after beating unbeaten German prospect Edmund Gerber. However, I cant see him having the same success again as he will strugle with Helenius' height advantage. I hope Helenius can look good here and hopefully line up a potential fight with one of the British fighters Fury or Price, or even a Chisora rematch.

Konecny v Achour - dont know much about Achour either but I presume he is handpicked for Konecny

Abraham v Stieglitz - I see this going the same as last time with Abraham winning on points. He is the weakest of the Super Middleweight beltholders and I think Groves has the right idea trying to fight the winner of this one.

Jeffrey Mathebula v Takalani Ndlovu - 3rd match between the 2 with a split decision win for each. Should be a good fight but I feel Mathebula has the edge and will take another close decision

Plenty to discuss here. Does anyone see these fights differently to me?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Upcoming Fights

I would like to see how Solis does from falling over and fracturing his knee because he was so over weight do.

Saunders is talented but do not think he is world class.

Helenius should beat Sprott
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Abraham by ko. Saunders by late stoppage 7 or 8, helenius by stoppage.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

gary antuanne russell v sergey lipinets could be next
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

oscar valdez v emanuel navarrete has been ordered by the wbo for the vacant one thirty belt

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

some of these might not happen, some are already in play. wbc needs to punish anyone that refuses by dropping them out of their top fifteen

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chon Zepeda needs to stop punching slackers in the gym and getting cuffed up. Don't think Prograis fight is in jeopardy thankfully. Only one's that feel like locks are Spence-Thurman..would have liked Stanionis, Wilder-Ruiz, Benavidez-Plant, Prograis-Zepeda and Haney-Loma. Fundora-Harrison would be awesome. Boots has something signed and sealed but must not be big because no word on opponent. Boots needs a major step for me.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

vladimir shishkin v jose uzcategui was ordered by the ibf in june as an eliminator for the number two spot at super middle. could be taking place in december. vladimir got this

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The above post on WBC matchups probably came from this

https://www.ringtv.com/646355-wbc-re...tory-matchups/

and hopefully they all come to fruition.

Interesting wording though, on the junior welter side...

Junior Welterweight – Jose Zepeda and Regis Prograis will fight for the vacant WBC title in Los Angeles on November 26. The winner has to face Jose Ramirez. Teofimo Lopez will fight Jose Pedraza on December 10. He will then face Sandor Martin to decide the second mandatory.

I mean, I get it that Teo is favored against Pedraza, but c'mon... Pedraza's being dismissed already?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

bob arum already saying he doesn't think shakur v isaac gets made & isaac's dad saying he'd prefer loma. roll on boxing politics

Thread Information