Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Is this fight going to come on box nation?
    It's Been on boxnation twice already. Last night and this evening.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Brandon Rios vs. Mike Alvarado II - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Was it on live? It dd not advertise it, it had Classic fights or something?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Brandon Rios vs. Mike Alvarado II - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Had that fight been 15, I'm not sure Alvarado makes it to the final bell. Rios looked like he could have fought 25.
    Not sure bout that on the rewatches. On facial damage yeh but Rios really hit a wall the last half and could get nothing going. Tried to find his jab in 10th but looked labored. Alvarado did a solid job of in and out and even buzzed Rios off a upper-left hook in 12th. Mike feinted him into that repetitive stance of stooping low, hands locked at side of head and his head was leading over flat feet.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Had that fight been 15, I'm not sure Alvarado makes it to the final bell. Rios looked like he could have fought 25.
    Not sure bout that on the rewatches. On facial damage yeh but Rios really hit a wall the last half and could get nothing going. Tried to find his jab in 10th but looked labored. Alvarado did a solid job of in and out and even buzzed Rios off a upper-left hook in 12th. Mike feinted him into that repetitive stance of stooping low, hands locked at side of head and his head was leading over flat feet.
    Agreed that Rios looked like he was drowning a bit there but had that been 15 and based on that gash over Alvarados left eye which was big enough to store my canoe in, I'm not sure. I think in the third fight given the amount of scar tissue, Alvarado may start to bleed during the ring walk.

Rios by tko when they do the third although I'd love to see laid out.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Agreed that Rios looked like he was drowning a bit there but had that been 15 and based on that gash over Alvarados left eye which was big enough to store my canoe in, I'm not sure. I think in the third fight given the amount of scar tissue, Alvarado may start to bleed during the ring walk.

Rios by tko when they do the third although I'd love to see laid out.
    True dat, he probally needed a staple gun and duct tape to close that gash.

No doudt they'll do a third but I'd like to see them both take a between fight. Of course, they wont though Just never big on two guys grinding themselves down in quick rematches on each other. I'd pick Alvarado. Think he set a blueprint on power boxing Rios.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Two exciting young men who fight each other beautifully!!! I'd have them in against different opponents before I'd rematch them. The way they wear & tear each other is not good for their careers and if they want to be around for a bit more they need to branch away from each other then rematch down the road! If one wins or looses it takes nothing away from their match up, not to me anyways. I don't get hung up on a fighter who has some looses, hell we all do in life and its THEIR life!
    Great fight, Mike gutted it out by limiting the times they engage at the beginning up to the 8th and then actually did very well when they did engage at close quarters. To me he seemed to have better conditioning and Rios looked over trained because he was on and off all night and actually looked fatiqued at times. Might be time to bag the 140 weighin, he's in on fight night at 159 to 61lbs.
    Dropping and drying out then rehydrating 14 pounds up is NOT good. Your peak weight in the gym sparring your best should be your fight weight!! Whatever that maybe, fight that way. Your not sparring one day then the next 14 pounds heavier!
    Eliminate the the weighin schedule thats in place now and weigh in at 8am the day of the fight! Then you will be truer representitive of your weight class!
    Why should Chavez Junior fight at 160 class and be allowed to weigh 181 for the fight? Its stupid!
    If he weighs in at 160 the day of the fight he won't weigh 180+ that night, if he does he's going to get beat up (worse than he did)/// Ray

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was very pleasantly surprised with Alvarado. He looked like he was about to wilt early on then said "NO FUCK THIS" and bit down and outboxed Rios down the stretch, rocking him in spots. Great fight !
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ray corso View Post
    Two exciting young men who fight each other beautifully!!! I'd have them in against different opponents before I'd rematch them. The way they wear & tear each other is not good for their careers and if they want to be around for a bit more they need to branch away from each other then rematch down the road! If one wins or looses it takes nothing away from their match up, not to me anyways. I don't get hung up on a fighter who has some looses, hell we all do in life and its THEIR life!
    Great fight, Mike gutted it out by limiting the times they engage at the beginning up to the 8th and then actually did very well when they did engage at close quarters. To me he seemed to have better conditioning and Rios looked over trained because he was on and off all night and actually looked fatiqued at times. Might be time to bag the 140 weighin, he's in on fight night at 159 to 61lbs.
    Dropping and drying out then rehydrating 14 pounds up is NOT good. Your peak weight in the gym sparring your best should be your fight weight!! Whatever that maybe, fight that way. Your not sparring one day then the next 14 pounds heavier!
    Eliminate the the weighin schedule thats in place now and weigh in at 8am the day of the fight! Then you will be truer representitive of your weight class!
    Why should Chavez Junior fight at 160 class and be allowed to weigh 181 for the fight? Its stupid!
    If he weighs in at 160 the day of the fight he won't weigh 180+ that night, if he does he's going to get beat up (worse than he did)/// Ray
    Boxing has seventeen weight divisions now, is there really a need for an early weigh in?
    The early weigh in replaced the same day weigh in to give fighters time to rehydrate. Today, in this enriched weight division era, all the early weigh in does is protect the larger fighter from the smaller fighter.
    Think about it. Who had to cut more weight? Who needs to rehydrate more? The early weigh in protects the larger fighter from the smaller fighter. I think it encourages the use of PEDS too.
    Lets get back to the same day weigh in and find out who the real champions are. Same day weigh ins are reasonable and most important, they are fair to the fighter who belongs in the weight division, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ray corso View Post
    If he weighs in at 160 the day of the fight he won't weigh 180+ that night, if he does he's going to get beat up (worse than he did)///Ray
    Totally agree with everything said. They could easily close a few divisions.The bold is exactly how guys like Hopkins when he was at 160, Floyd and Manny to name a few approach the game. If they were of a similar skill set to those who they have fought they most likely would not be where they are because of fighting much bigger men. Same with Armstrong. When he fought Ross he weighed under the lightweight limit. I'd like to see same day weigh ins and not the watered down version the WBC implemented last year using % points. I'm pretty sure the IBF uses same day weigh ins but would have to check. If you cant make the weight you are fighting at the day of the fight because of risk of health then don't fight there.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didnt manage to watch the fight, I have heard it was really good though. Does anybody have a link to watch the fight??

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    I didnt manage to watch the fight, I have heard it was really good though. Does anybody have a link to watch the fight??

Try here for a dl. Nothing on youtube yet.

Watch Brandon Rios vs Mike Alvarado II online - on 1Channel | LetMeWatchThis

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Missed it again, saw the last 2 rounds, they were saying that it was Klit v Thompson. Box Nation are shite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

None of them is a boxer , they fight , but that's not boxing:

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ernesto View Post
    None of them is a boxer , they fight , but that's not boxing:
    From what I saw I was surprise that Mike was wobbled by a jab and it did look very raw.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thread Information