Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Amir Khan more dangerous then ever!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amir Khan more dangerous then ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    All that video showed was a fighter with amazing heart and bollocks. Listen to the comms. I'm more than happy to be in a "minority" with the late great Manny Steward that DID NOT consider Khan a chump. Thanks.
    Amazing heart and bollocks? Looked more like a drunken sailor who was petrified and trying desperately to avoid getting KTFO. As for Manny Steward, no disrespect, but due to dementia during the last 5 years of his life, his analysis and commentary had totally deteriorated along with his health.
    I hope this helps.
    I'd listen to Manny Steward 25 years into dementia about boxing before I listened to you.

Not insult intended in that.
    As well you should, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TysonBomb View Post
    All that video showed was a fighter with amazing heart and bollocks. Listen to the comms. I'm more than happy to be in a "minority" with the late great Manny Steward that DID NOT consider Khan a chump. Thanks.
    Amazing heart and bollocks? Looked more like a drunken sailor who was petrified and trying desperately to avoid getting KTFO. As for Manny Steward, no disrespect, but due to dementia during the last 5 years of his life, his analysis and commentary had totally deteriorated along with his health.
    I hope this helps.
    He could've stayed down but showed great desire to continue ... it takes heart to do what he did. How was he petrified when he didn't even hold and continued to foolishly slug it out? You're just hating here

Steward was just as sharp as he was before ... you're accusing him of suffering from a medical illness for which you haven't brought forward any evidence for

He has a glass jaw, but he's still a very good boxer
    Just a personal observation, Manny sounded like a blithering idiot at times in his last few years on HBO. For example his might say Khan is a great fighter, with tons of heart, who just fought one of the best fights of his career. Huh? But Manny, he fought a dumb fight and just got his ass handed to him, WTF?

In addition to being, desperate and petrified, he's also wasn't too smart, no hate, just stating the facts as I see them. Khan was supposed to be one of the next big things in boxing, but he hasn't come close to succeeding at it.
    4 time world champion isn't succeeding?
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan is a master boxer, but that chin lets him down pity but true, he is not unlike a luxury house
    with something missing,! the front door maybe not just the finished article.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Must be Hell trying to be a slugger with a chin made of day old soup crackers.

Lol

You know its not really his chin imo its his brain or approach once he starts to feel or experience adversity. He's got all the tools in spades along with natural athleticism but he tends to have brain farts during the fight and lose focus and with that his ability to adjust.
    Its just a natural tendency and instinct IMO

Its not that he doesn't think ... its that he thinks he is something that he is not ... he thinks he's a banger who can trade but his chin won't allow that

Yup that's part of it. He ends up in situations he has no need to be in. I've been saying for years that his problems are upstairs. Interesting that you called it instinctive because it almost seems like he's stuck in between the fight or flight response during the fight.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope this helps.
    He could've stayed down but showed great desire to continue ... it takes heart to do what he did. How was he petrified when he didn't even hold and continued to foolishly slug it out? You're just hating here

Steward was just as sharp as he was before ... you're accusing him of suffering from a medical illness for which you haven't brought forward any evidence for

He has a glass jaw, but he's still a very good boxer
    Just a personal observation, Manny sounded like a blithering idiot at times in his last few years on HBO. For example his might say Khan is a great fighter, with tons of heart, who just fought one of the best fights of his career. Huh? But Manny, he fought a dumb fight and just got his ass handed to him, WTF?

In addition to being, desperate and petrified, he's also wasn't too smart, no hate, just stating the facts as I see them. Khan was supposed to be one of the next big things in boxing, but he hasn't come close to succeeding at it.
    4 time world champion isn't succeeding?
    Some success there for sure, but not since Amir has stepped up in competition, and not as being the "next big thing". Remember there for a while before the fight with Maidana, Khan fanboys had him clearing out everyone in 2 divisions, from 140 to 147, and were putting him inline for a shot at Mayweather.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Khan is a master boxer, but that chin lets him down pity but true, he is not unlike a luxury house
    with something missing
    ,! the front door maybe not just the finished article.
    More like an overrated/overhyped house that had a weak foundation, and faulty wiring, that sold for too much. The house got hit by a tornado (Prescott) weathered a few storms and held up quite well after that before getting it's doors blown in again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Probably said it 100 times, Khan has great skills and could beat anyone in or around his weight. That chin or whatever it is will always be a high risk to let him down.

He could move up and beat Ward, I still wouldn't be a fan. For not demanding a rematch with Prescott is unforgiveable in my eyes. Some fighters would have taken the fight for free if it meant getting the chance to put the record straight.

Entertaining when he fights? yes but there's definitely something missing. He went out of his way to get the Peterson result overturned, before any drugs issue was out, it was all about the man in the hat. Shady dealings it did look like but where was the burning desire to put the record straight with his fists?. Maidana was worthy of a rematch but no chance that was going to happen.

Why didn't he take peanuts to lure Garcia in to an immediate rematch? Khan has millions he could have made that money back by now.

Fuck me even 'Dudey' looked only 1 big uppercut away from dropping Khan on his arse even if he was losing every round.

I'm sure Khan can be a nice guy but the fact he didn't go back in against Prescott and the fact he refers to himself as 'amir khan' and not 'i' like us mere mortals would tells me all I need to know.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armyash View Post
    Probably said it 100 times, Khan has great skills and could beat anyone in or around his weight. That chin or whatever it is will always be a high risk to let him down.

He could move up and beat Ward, I still wouldn't be a fan. For not demanding a rematch with Prescott is unforgiveable in my eyes. Some fighters would have taken the fight for free if it meant getting the chance to put the record straight.

Entertaining when he fights? yes but there's definitely something missing. He went out of his way to get the Peterson result overturned, before any drugs issue was out, it was all about the man in the hat. Shady dealings it did look like but where was the burning desire to put the record straight with his fists?. Maidana was worthy of a rematch but no chance that was going to happen.

Why didn't he take peanuts to lure Garcia in to an immediate rematch? Khan has millions he could have made that money back by now.

Fuck me even 'Dudey' looked only 1 big uppercut away from dropping Khan on his arse even if he was losing every round.

I'm sure Khan can be a nice guy but the fact he didn't go back in against Prescott and the fact he refers to himself as 'amir khan' and not 'i' like us mere mortals would tells me all I need to know.
    I can see the point you make and specifically in Khans case it may have helped him when he was against the wall in future fights but they decided not to and as it turns out Prescott has turned out to me essentially a one hit wonder anyway.

Benny Leonard was cold cocked in his first fight and his 12th and then once again in his 16th and 20th and he never rematched any of them except Flemming and he lost that fight also by decision.

Henry Armstrong was laid out in his first fight and lost 2 of his next three but he never bothered to hunt down Al Lovino.

Arguello was knocked out in his 5th fight and then lost to a guy he beat previously right after and he never did seek revenge over Amaya.

Its a good point that the Prescott loss could be haunting him still and that a revenge match may have changed things but those above persevered in spite of early blow outs and went on to become legends.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Amir khan is chinny, agreed.

Freddie Roach tried to change his style to stay away from big punchers during fights, but Amir wants to engage, and credit to him for it.

He is also much more skilled than any of the fighters that have beaten him, but again he likes to engage is brawls.

If he could control his natural urges to fight and just box smart he could be much better.

However, he is still a good draw for promoters to have.

^^all that and I actually don't really like him too much. But you can't argue with facts.
    All of the above points to Khan being stupid

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can see the point you make and specifically in Khans case it may have helped him when he was against the wall in future fights but they decided not to and as it turns out Prescott has turned out to me essentially a one hit wonder anyway.

Benny Leonard was cold cocked in his first fight and his 12th and then once again in his 16th and 20th and he never rematched any of them except Flemming and he lost that fight also by decision.

Henry Armstrong was laid out in his first fight and lost 2 of his next three but he never bothered to hunt down Al Lovino.

Arguello was knocked out in his 5th fight and then lost to a guy he beat previously right after and he never did seek revenge over Amaya.

Its a good point that the Prescott loss could be haunting him still and that a revenge match may have changed things but those above persevered in spite of early blow outs and went on to become legends.
    I understand what you are saying and I'm not saying that i'm right or wrong, it's just my personal thoughts towards Khan.

I know Prescott has turned out to be nothing special, I never actually expected him to be after the Khan fight. He just happened to be the first person who could finish Khan off once he had hurt him, Khan had already been hurt on numerous occasions just no one had capitilised on it. Khan was an olympic silver medallist who was telling everyone he could rule the world. No one knew what Prescott would go on to do but that shouldn't matter. He could have been a 15-20-5 journeyman. Either way Prescott continually shouted for him to take the opportunity. (for the payday i'm sure )

Thanks for mentioning the other fighters who never went after their conquerers, it does in a way undermine my own views to some extent. The only difference being that these guys were fighting more often and against tough guys, and probably were not expected to achieve what they did. Khan rebuilds against guys much smaller, which long term can't help him out.

As I said i'm not saying i'm right in my beliefs but the way Khan goes about things is not what I admire. I may be a bit harsh saying that no matter what he achieves i'll never be a fan.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post
    Amir khan is chinny, agreed.

Freddie Roach tried to change his style to stay away from big punchers during fights, but Amir wants to engage, and credit to him for it.

He is also much more skilled than any of the fighters that have beaten him, but again he likes to engage is brawls.

If he could control his natural urges to fight and just box smart he could be much better.

However, he is still a good draw for promoters to have.

^^all that and I actually don't really like him too much. But you can't argue with facts.
    All of the above points to Khan being stupid
    I do not disagree.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope this helps.
    So lets get this straight.

1. The fighter could have chose to stay down for the count.

2. The fighter could have got up and done everything in his power to survive - hold, spoil, etc.

3. The fighter gets up and fights for his life, all guns blazing, kill or be killed, goes out on his shield protesting to the ref.

You think that option 3 demonstrates - "petrified and trying desperately to avoid getting KTFO"

Odd.

Thanks.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why is everyone so reverential (is that the right word?) to Amir Khan?

Audley won a gold olympic medal, has had 31 pro fights and lost 6, looks to be on a downward spiral but who knows?

Amir won an Olympic silver, has had 27 pro fights and lost 3, looks to be on a downward spiral (sound familiar?)

Audley did his own thing promotions wise, good luck to him, hope he's made a few quid.

Amir had a lot of money invested in him by two big promoters, but the fact remains he's been shaken by some journeymen, and beaten by 3 medium to good contenders.

The money men continue to push Amir, to re-coup their investment, christ he's now reached the dizzy heights of Sheffield Motorpoint Arena on 27th April! Wow!

The fact of the matter is he's not that good and the british public are losing interest, end of.

Spend your ticket/ppv money on Kell Brook, just like you did Ricky Hatton, at least you know there's a fighter in there!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope this helps.
    So lets get this straight.

1. The fighter could have chose to stay down for the count.

2. The fighter could have got up and done everything in his power to survive - hold, spoil, etc.

3. The fighter gets up and fights for his life, all guns blazing, kill or be killed, goes out on his shield protesting to the ref.

You think that option 3 demonstrates - "petrified and trying desperately to avoid getting KTFO"

Odd.

Thanks.
    You need to get a job working for HBO, Fenn, you're just about as histrionic as they are in regards to calling fights. This is comical. ~~> "The fighter gets up and fights for his life, all guns blazing, kill or be killed, goes out on his shield protesting to the ref". That's dramatic stuff dude.

Make no mistake, Khan was fighting out of desperation and to survive, he's trading with Garcia, not because he has "heart", but rather shit for brains.

BTW, You don't have to swing on Khan's nuts Fenn, he's not even a real Brit.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I understand what you are saying and I'm not saying that i'm right or wrong, it's just my personal thoughts towards Khan.

I know Prescott has turned out to be nothing special, I never actually expected him to be after the Khan fight. He just happened to be the first person who could finish Khan off once he had hurt him, Khan had already been hurt on numerous occasions just no one had capitilised on it. Khan was an olympic silver medallist who was telling everyone he could rule the world. No one knew what Prescott would go on to do but that shouldn't matter. He could have been a 15-20-5 journeyman. Either way Prescott continually shouted for him to take the opportunity. (for the payday i'm sure )

Thanks for mentioning the other fighters who never went after their conquerers, it does in a way undermine my own views to some extent. The only difference being that these guys were fighting more often and against tough guys, and probably were not expected to achieve what they did. Khan rebuilds against guys much smaller, which long term can't help him out.

As I said i'm not saying i'm right in my beliefs but the way Khan goes about things is not what I admire. I may be a bit harsh saying that no matter what he achieves i'll never be a fan.
    True enough and another quality post.Losing a fight or 2 or 5 was not the end of a career. Perhaps whats lacking here is poverty. All 3 of the guys mentioned came out of squalor. Khan seems to come from a privileged back ground was put on a pedestal like Harrison and was probably and early millionaire. Celebrity trainers don't help either. Btw I'm no fan of Khan but if he could get his head on straight instead of surrounding himself with yes men and go back to the grind he could change things around. If I were him I'd go find me a trainer in East Philly or something who has trained for 50 years and nobody knows his name. I'd cancel his twitter and fb accounts and not allow the cameras into his camps. Complete and utter re-dedication to his craft.

Thread Information