Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some riddles to rattle your brain...

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Re: Some riddles to rattle your brain...

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Have done a few riddles these past few days. See if you can guess any...

Jung-Koo Chang by palmerq
    A) I have "no amateur experience" and yet I took on the best early on. It sounds impossible but I destroyed a "small tractor" you would think he would have "plucked all my feathers" but he didn't. "Flying" high I was actually able to beat a "small panther" as well to set up my title shot. But this "little device" I faced was too "electric" for me and he got the slight advantage. He made the mistake of giving me a rematch and I "Sparked" him out. My reign would last 6 yrs and along the way I would beat 4 future world champs until I "slipped on a peel."
    Who Am I? Hint1: Im the only one of my kind in the Hall of Fame right now but that's about to change.

Dick Tiger by palmerq
    B) I let my "nephew borrow my nickname" but he added something to it to set us apart. I was a big deal in my time and you could have caught me on a "tv show". I fought my way to the top nothing was handed to me. I finally I "weathered the storm" and won a title. His "brother" would later try to avenge the loss but couldn't and I'm certain I would have beat the "third brother" as well for obvious reasons. I then moved up in weight and in my first shot at the "crown" I dethroned the man. I have no shame in losing to my predecessor he too went on to be the "king."
    Who Am I? Hint1: Yes I was a "rebel" but for good reasons. I too struggled just like my people did. I was "banned" for that though and years later as I got old that ban was lifted.

Francisco "Panchito" Bojado by Beanflicker
    C) You know me better by my "nickname" than by my name. I was part of my nations "Olympic team" but I "never won gold." I was told that I had all the tools to be "the next great champ" by tomorrow so I quickly turned pro. Eagered to do so I "knocked out all my opponents" until I was "derailed early on" and although I got him on the return bout it just wasn't the same. A "tornado" then passed through me so I decided to leave. When I tried to come back "a premature baby" finished me off.
    Who Am I? Hint1: One of the best opponents I faced at that time wasn't too "sleek" when we met and I beat him convincingly.

D) There's a "challenge online" that's probably easier to get by than me. I don't expect many to remember me as I'm "not a HoF'er." But I know plenty of them as "I fought a handful." My first big win was "stopping" this future "LWW champ." I then tried to be the first to defeat another "future champ" but he was too "sweet" for me. My next "big win" was over a guy who wasn't "slippery" enough the first time we met he too would be "a champ one day." I also hold a win over a "monkey" but I couldn't tame the "tiger."
    Who Am I? Hint1: I hold wins over 5 world champs & 3 Hall of Fame members.
    That hint you gave at the end of the last one has threw me even more

I was thinking of some of the early 90's Lightweights, Jr Welterweights, Welterweights, but they don't match all the clues. And now you've said he's beaten over 5 world champs and 3 hall of fame members that tells me i've been going down totally the wrong road.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    That hint you gave at the end of the last one has threw me even more

I was thinking of some of the early 90's Lightweights, Jr Welterweights, Welterweights, but they don't match all the clues. And now you've said he's beaten over 5 world champs and 3 hall of fame members that tells me i've been going down totally the wrong road.
    @ICB I can tell you right now he is not a recognizable name. I'm about to add a few clues now.
    Have you guessed any of the clues as far as the guys he faced?

ICB Guest

Have done a few riddles these past few days. See if you can guess any...

Jung-Koo Chang by palmerq
    A) I have "no amateur experience" and yet I took on the best early on. It sounds impossible but I destroyed a "small tractor" you would think he would have "plucked all my feathers" but he didn't. "Flying" high I was actually able to beat a "small panther" as well to set up my title shot. But this "little device" I faced was too "electric" for me and he got the slight advantage. He made the mistake of giving me a rematch and I "Sparked" him out. My reign would last 6 yrs and along the way I would beat 4 future world champs until I "slipped on a peel."
    Who Am I? Hint1: Im the only one of my kind in the Hall of Fame right now but that's about to change.

Dick Tiger by palmerq
    B) I let my "nephew borrow my nickname" but he added something to it to set us apart. I was a big deal in my time and you could have caught me on a "tv show". I fought my way to the top nothing was handed to me. I finally I "weathered the storm" and won a title. His "brother" would later try to avenge the loss but couldn't and I'm certain I would have beat the "third brother" as well for obvious reasons. I then moved up in weight and in my first shot at the "crown" I dethroned the man. I have no shame in losing to my predecessor he too went on to be the "king."
    Who Am I? Hint1: Yes I was a "rebel" but for good reasons. I too struggled just like my people did. I was "banned" for that though and years later as I got old that ban was lifted.

Francisco "Panchito" Bojado by Beanflicker
    C) You know me better by my "nickname" than by my name. I was part of my nations "Olympic team" but I "never won gold." I was told that I had all the tools to be "the next great champ" by tomorrow so I quickly turned pro. Eagered to do so I "knocked out all my opponents" until I was "derailed early on" and although I got him on the return bout it just wasn't the same. A "tornado" then passed through me so I decided to leave. When I tried to come back "a premature baby" finished me off.
    Who Am I? Hint1: One of the best opponents I faced at that time wasn't too "sleek" when we met and I beat him convincingly.

D) There's a "challenge online" that's probably easier to get by than me. I don't expect many to remember me as I'm "not a HoF'er." But I know plenty of them as "I fought a handful." My first big win was "stopping" this future "LWW champ." I then tried to be the first to defeat another "future champ" but he was too "sweet" for me. My next "big win" was over a guy who wasn't "slippery" enough the first time we met he too would be "a champ one day." I also hold a win over a "monkey" but I couldn't tame the "tiger."
    Who Am I?
    Hint1: I hold wins over 5 world champs & 3 Hall of Fame members.
    Hint2: I "never" won a world title but I did win a "national" title when I defeated an "infant."
    Hint3: I also faced a "South American" legend but he was "untouchable" lost to him twice.
    I think i might of got it and thats only because of your 3rd hint Alfredo Urbina.
    Last edited by ICB; 04-04-2013 at 02:21 AM.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is it Randall?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I missed this today. Real nice job by the fellas. If its not Frankie then maybe Vince Phillips?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mick, I am scratching a hole clean into my head hear Great stuff and answers. Its all in the nicknames For some reason I cannot get off "win over a monkey"

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@ICB is correct... Alfredo Urbina is the answer.

The original "Canelo"

How did you get to him ICB?

ICB Guest

@ICB is correct... Alfredo Urbina is the answer.

The original "Canelo"

How did you get to him ICB?
    I know "Untouchable" stands for the great Nicolino Locche, i remember seeing something about Alfredo Urbina i can't remember where i know he lost twice Nicolino Locche and beat some very good fighters, when you said infant was you giving hint about Baby Vasques ? i took it as that. I also believe he was the only man to stop Eddie Perkins ? who went on to become Jr Welterweight champ.

Really enjoyed these though great thread if you get anymore of these i'd like to do more of these in my spare time.
    Last edited by ICB; 04-04-2013 at 03:07 AM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Answers to clues for Riddle "D"

There's a challenge online that is easier to get by than me = "Cinnamon" challenge (Where you take a spoonful of Cinnamon and try to swallow it. Not many succeed. Cinnamon is "Canela" or "Canelo" in spanish)
    His first big win was over Eddie Perkins and is the only man to stop him.
    He fought Sugar Ramos twice lost one and held a draw in the other = Sugar is sweet hence he was too sweet for me.
    The next big win was over a guy who wasn't "slippery" enough the first time we met = Jose Mantequilla Napoles. (Mantequilla is butter in spanish hence the slippery part)
    A win over a Monkey, he defeated Chango Carmona (Chango is Monkey in spanish)
    But lost to Ismael Laguna aka. El Tigre Colonense. (Tigre is Tiger in spanish)
    Hint1: Wins over Eddie Perkins, Jose Napoles, Joe Brown, Lauro Salas & Chango Carmona the first 3 are in the Hall and the last 2 were world champs.
    Hint2: Won the Mexican Lightweight title when he beat Baby Vasquez
    Hint3: Fought and lost twice to the Argentine great Nicolino Locche known as "El Intocable" which means "The Untouchable" in spanish.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Beanflicker well done fella...
    Mind going thru how you came up with the answer?
    The big thing that tipped me off was the premature baby thing, the only guy I could think of who would fit that bill was Steve Forbes. Checked his record and noticed he fought Bojado, and suddenly the first part about him not winning the gold but being haled as a future champ clicked. Then when I saw JJL on his resume I knew I had him.

D is still stumping me, I was thinking Rocky Lockridge (stopping future LWW champ Roger Mayweather and not being able to take the Tiger Tony Lopez) but hit a dead end haha.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oops good job on getting D ICB

Thread Information