Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some riddles to rattle your brain...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Some riddles to rattle your brain...

Have done a few riddles these past few days. See if you can guess any...

Jung-Koo Chang by palmerq
    A) I have "no amateur experience" and yet I took on the best early on. It sounds impossible but I destroyed a "small tractor" you would think he would have "plucked all my feathers" but he didn't. "Flying" high I was actually able to beat a "small panther" as well to set up my title shot. But this "little device" I faced was too "electric" for me and he got the slight advantage. He made the mistake of giving me a rematch and I "Sparked" him out. My reign would last 6 yrs and along the way I would beat 4 future world champs until I "slipped on a peel."
    Who Am I? Hint1: Im the only one of my kind in the Hall of Fame right now but that's about to change.

Dick Tiger by palmerq
    B) I let my "nephew borrow my nickname" but he added something to it to set us apart. I was a big deal in my time and you could have caught me on a "tv show". I fought my way to the top nothing was handed to me. I finally I "weathered the storm" and won a title. His "brother" would later try to avenge the loss but couldn't and I'm certain I would have beat the "third brother" as well for obvious reasons. I then moved up in weight and in my first shot at the "crown" I dethroned the man. I have no shame in losing to my predecessor he too went on to be the "king."
    Who Am I? Hint1: Yes I was a "rebel" but for good reasons. I too struggled just like my people did. I was "banned" for that though and years later as I got old that ban was lifted.

Francisco "Panchito" Bojado by Beanflicker
    C) You know me better by my "nickname" than by my name. I was part of my nations "Olympic team" but I "never won gold." I was told that I had all the tools to be "the next great champ" by tomorrow so I quickly turned pro. Eagered to do so I "knocked out all my opponents" until I was "derailed early on" and although I got him on the return bout it just wasn't the same. A "tornado" then passed through me so I decided to leave. When I tried to come back "a premature baby" finished me off.
    Who Am I? Hint1: One of the best opponents I faced at that time wasn't too "sleek" when we met and I beat him convincingly.

Alfredo "Canelo" Urbina by ICB
    D) There's a "challenge online" that's probably easier to get by than me. I don't expect many to remember me as I'm "not a HoF'er." But I know plenty of them as "I fought a handful." My first big win was "stopping" this future "LWW champ." I then tried to be the first to defeat another "future champ" but he was too "sweet" for me. My next "big win" was over a guy who wasn't "slippery" enough the first time we met he too would be "a champ one day." I also hold a win over a "monkey" but I couldn't tame the "tiger."
    Who Am I?
    Hint1: I hold wins over 5 world champs & 3 Hall of Fame members.
    Hint2: I "never" won a world title but I did win a "national" title when I defeated an "infant."
    Hint3: I also faced a "South American" legend but he was "untouchable" lost to him twice.
    Last edited by CutMeMick; 04-04-2013 at 02:54 AM.

ICB Guest

Default Re: Some riddles to rattle your brain...

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Have done a few riddles these past few days. See if you can guess any...

I have no amateur experience and yet I took on the best early on. It sounds impossible but I destroyed a small tractor you would think he would have plucked all my feathers but he didn't. Flying high I was actually able to beat a small panther as well to set up my title shot. But this little device I faced was too electric for me and he got the slight advantage. He made the mistake of giving me a rematch and I sparked him out. My reign would last 6 yrs and along the way I would beat 4 future world champs until I slipped on a peel.
    Who Am I?

I let my nephew borrow my nickname but he added something to it to set us apart. I was a big deal in my time and you could have caught me on a tv show. I fought my way to the top nothing was handed to me. I finally I weathered the storm and won a title. His brother would later try to avenge the loss but couldn't and I'm certain I would have beat the third brother as well for obvious reasons. I then moved up in weight and in my first shot at the crown I dethroned the man. I have no shame in losing to my predecessor he too went on to be the king.
    Who Am I?

You know me better by my nickname than by my name. I was part of my nations Olympic team but I never won gold. I was told that I had all the tools to be the next great champ by tomorrow so I quickly turned pro. Eagered to do so I knocked out all my opponents until I was derailed early on and although I got him on the return bout it just wasn't the same. A tornado then passed through me so I decided to leave. When I tried to come back a premature baby finished me off.
    Who Am I?

There's a challenge online that's probably easier to get by than me. I don't expect many to remember me as I'm not a HoF'er. But I know plenty of them as I fought a handful. My first big win was stopping this future LWW champ. I then tried to be the first to defeat another future champ but he was too sweet for me. My next big win was over a guy who wasn't slippery enough the first time we met he too would be a champ one day. I also hold a win over a monkey but I couldn't tame the tiger.
    Who Am I?
    I've just woken up and i'd like to do these later, but im going to have a stab in the dark at the last one and go with Greg Haugen.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really don't know but espesh wanna know who the third one was who had a tornado passed through! Feel free to pm me answers!!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Too hard
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins Mick.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hagler Mick I give up.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    I've just woken up and i'd like to do these later, but im going to have a stab in the dark at the last one and go with Greg Haugen.
    @ICB
    It is not Haugen...

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Hopkins Mick.
    @Dia bando for which one?
    It is not Hopkins...

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Hagler Mick I give up.
    @Dia bando for which one?
    It is not Hagler...
    Last edited by CutMeMick; 04-03-2013 at 10:25 PM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@ICB @oakleyno1 @Master @Dia bando

I will be adding clues as time allows.
    Also I've labeled each one A, B, C & D.

I will also say that of the four, D is the hardest because he is a really unknown guy as far as recognition goes in the boxing world but when you look at what he did in his career. Your gonna be like WTF did this guy have to accomplish such things.

Cheers fellas.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool thread man, I'm going to have to think hard about the other ones but I'm pretty sure C is one of boxing's bigger busts, Mr. Francisco Bojado

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

b is dick tiger ?

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jung-Koo Chang for a is my guess

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Cool thread man, I'm going to have to think hard about the other ones but I'm pretty sure C is one of boxing's bigger busts, Mr. Francisco Bojado
    @Beanflicker well done fella...
    Mind going thru how you came up with the answer?

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    b is dick tiger ?
    @palmerq outstanding work fella...
    Same question. Can you tell us how you came up with the answers?

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    @Beanflicker well done fella...
    Mind going thru how you came up with the answer?

b is dick tiger ?
    @palmerq outstanding work fella...
    Same question. Can you tell us how you came up with the answers?
    errr just looked at the hall of fame for the first onesaw a korean had been recently added this year so i looked at his record, checked the nicknames of the guys and they matched...
    dick tiger had some form of connections to nigerian civil war(quite a few nigerians where i live(aberdeen)), so i looked on his wiki page and box rec and it just seemed to make sense nicknames and everything...

I didnt really know any of them, just worked it out from the clues..... sorry S:... wouldnt have got the 2 with out the red hints though..especially the rebel one.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

great thread btw

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Answers to clues in the riddles... @ICB @Master @oakleyno1 @Beanflicker @palmerq

A) Chang had no amateur bouts.
    Plucked feathers & Flying high = Changs nickname is The Korean Hawk
    Small Tractor = Alfonso Lopez's nickname
    Small Panther = Amado Ursua's nickname
    The little device I faced was too electric for me = Hilario Zapata's nickname is Spark Plug (Bujia in Spanish)
    Chang KO'd Zapata in the rematch hence "sparked" him out.
    Was a champ for 6 years until he lost to Humberto "Chiquita" Gonzalez (Chiquita Bananas are a popular brand of bananas)
    Hint 1: He is the only Korean in the Hall until Yuh Myung-Woo is enshrined this year.

B) Dick Tigers nephew was Young Dick Tiger
    Dick Tiger appeared on the tv show What's My Line?
    I finally weathered the storm = Gene Fullmers nickname was Cyclone
    The Fullmer brothers Gene & Don both lost to Tiger, Jay Fullmer the 3rd brother was a Lightweight
    At my first shot at the crown I dethroned the man = Tiger moved up in weight and defeated Jose "Chegui" Torres the unified champ.
    I have no shame in losing to my predecessor he became king = Tiger lost to Bob Foster.
    Hint 1: As mentioned he was Bafari Rebel of Nigeria and his country banned him, when he got old and sick they lifted the ban.

C) You know me better by my nickname: Panchito
    Was part of the Mexican Olympic team in 2000
    Did not win gold
    Was tauted as having all the tools to be the next great champ
    Turned pro 2001 not even a year after the ams
    He TKO'd his first 9 opponents
    Lost his tenth fight to Rubio
    He beat Rubio in the rematch but he wasn't the same anymore
    A Tornado passed through me = Jesse James Leijas nickname is the Texas Tornado
    He retired after this fight
    Came back and lost to Steve Forbes = was born premature and weighed 2 pounds
    Hint 1: Sleek = Emmanuel Clotteys nickname

Thread Information