Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Greenhill Prince 16oz Boxing gloves review.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Greenhill Prince 16oz Boxing gloves review.

Well the Greenhill Prince 16oz Boxing gloves were delivered today. The stitching looks decent. Better than Lonsdale. But not symmetric like a Tai brand like Fairtex. The gloves weight just over 16oz. The Fairtex weight 17oz..Even though they are advertised as 16oz. The leather on the backhand side of the glove. Is of very high quality. The leather on the inside is of a more corse tougher grain, which is fine. The black colour on the gloves looks of a high quaility and tough wearing. Time shall tell.

When I initially put the glove on. My first thought was "this is a tight fit, not sure these gloves are going to fit with hand wraps". So I went away got my hand wraps, put my hand wraps and gloves on. They fit fine. Nice and tight actually. As if the gloves were tailor made for me. These gloves have the smallest glove compartment compared to my Lonsdale and Fairtex. I should point out, I have big hands. Greenhill gloves make a very tight fist. But are stiff when new. So will require a good brake in.

These gloves have a better anatomical curve to the fist when compared to Fairtex gloves, I can't compare to my Lonsdale gloves as I don't have my replacement set yet. one thing to note on the Greenhill Prince glove is. They have quite a long leather thumb safety going from the main fist to the thumb, and a secondary material thumb safety nearer the tip of the thumb, which as far as I'm aware is pretty unique. The padding in the glove feels good. The padding comes right down to the wrist, and is quite thick at the wrist, when compared to other gloves. Greenhill Prince gloves are small in overall size. Especially when compare to other 16oz gloves. Which is fine with me, as thats how I like my gloves. Not so good, if your a defensive boxer.

I must have gotten an old or new version of the Greenhill Prince glove, as my gloves only came with a Hook and Loop enclosure, the laces were missing?

I will give a performance update at a later date. After they have been broken in, and have had many good sessions after that.
    Last edited by Dave1066; 04-03-2013 at 08:22 PM.
    Muhammad Ali K.O by Henry Cooper in round 5 in 1963. Ali weighted 204 lbs to Henry Coopers 185.5 lb
    Hidden Content

Thread Information