0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Donaire vs. Rigondeaux - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Sheeeeeeeeppp!? I saw thee

On a random note Donaire should go up to 122 and beat the shit outta a rebounding Billy Dib, just for kicks

You mean go down at 122
    Hidden Content
    RIP, Crazy Samurai. Thank you for your Drumming.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DavilaJones View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DavilaJones View Post
    The thing, he landed hard punches too and did out land Donaire in every round but the KD round. I have to agree with Leaderman on this one, I don't always but I just did not see how Donaire won more than one. But I might have tunnel vision as I did bet on Rigo. I will watch the fight next week again.
    You won a few bucks then?

Great fight. Donaire got a boxing lesson. They had a mid size ring and Donaire could still not cut the ring off. He had Rigo moving the right way but was just out fought. The reason Donaire looked so one dimensional was because from the opening bell he was looking to land the highlight reel punch and Rigo summed it up best in the post fight interview.
    Won $700 tonight and I'm kinda proud of myself that in my first post in fight predictions was pretty close to what transpired here. I'm gonna put 500 on Trout to win again, he made me a grand last time...God I turned to a degenerate gambler. Damn you school and your expensive books!
    Good pick and nice little piece of change, i've got to go with Alvarez, but maybe I should listen to you next time.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by spade View Post

On a random note Donaire should go up to 122 and beat the shit outta a rebounding Billy Dib, just for kicks

You mean go down at 122
    No he meant up to 126. Tonight's fight was at 122

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    You've got to hand it to Rigondeaux. The smalle rguy was by far the better boxer. His chin stood up to being knocked down as well. Not the greatest action fight to watch but a great boxing match.
    Rigon isn't someone i'd like to see fight again, if for no other reason then that mouthful of gold teeth is disgusting to look at, and that "jackel" shit is just plain sickening.
    Before tonight Arum was saying if Donaire wins he would fight Juan Ma next in PR. But now Rigondeaux won who the hell does either guy fight next? Can't see HBO paying for a rematch. From a Top Rank promotional point of view the wrong guy won tonight. It's going to be interesting to see who these guys fight next if Arum can't sell HBO the rematch.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You mean go down at 122
    erm ok. Whatever it takes to kick Billy Dibs arse...he should do. I would support his effort

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rigo did exactly what he wanted to do tonight.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You've got to hand it to Rigondeaux. The smalle rguy was by far the better boxer. His chin stood up to being knocked down as well. Not the greatest action fight to watch but a great boxing match.
    Rigon isn't someone i'd like to see fight again, if for no other reason then that mouthful of gold teeth is disgusting to look at, and that "jackel" shit is just plain sickening.
    Before tonight Arum was saying if Donaire wins he would fight Juan Ma next in PR. But now Rigondeaux won who the hell does either guy fight next? Can't see HBO paying for a rematch. From a Top Rank promotional point of view the wrong guy won tonight. It's going to be interesting to see who these guys fight next if Arum can't sell HBO the rematch.
    Donaire is moving to featherweight w/o a doubt. Rigo could go for Romero for the triple plate and then try to get the final Wbc trinket.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Donaire is moving to featherweight w/o a doubt.
    If so I bet he's regretting becoming the first fighter to agree to 24/7/365 random drug testing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Donaire is moving to featherweight w/o a doubt. Rigo could go for Romero for the triple plate and then try to get the final Wbc trinket.[/B][/B]

and become the most pathetic undisputed jr. featherweight champion of the world.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Donaire is moving to featherweight w/o a doubt. Rigo could go for Romero for the triple plate and then try to get the final Wbc trinket.[/B][/B]

and become the most pathetic undisputed jr. featherweight champion of the world.
    Not bad for just clowning the 5,6 ranked p4p fighter in the world eh. Wonder what Donaire will be doing

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah but if Donaire would have done the same thing he would have been the best Jr featherweight since Gomez right? End justifies the means kind of thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not bad for just clowning the 5,6 ranked p4p fighter in the world eh. Wonder what Donaire will be doing

We don't need clown in boxing mate, he better be in circus and not in boxing. Even in Donaire's loss, he is still the best prospect at 130 than Rigo at any category.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah but if Donaire would have done the same thing he would have been the best Jr featherweight since Gomez right? End justifies the means kind of thing.

There are times when boxers are not in their best form, Rios did not match his intensity with his first fight with Alvarado, JuanMa did not change tactics with Salido the second time around. JMM looks like a puppy when he fought with PBF but none of these matters because they were there taking the risk.

It's not the best Donaire who fought tonight but we cannot put him down because he lost to a cyclist and a clown like Rigo. He can still come up big at Featherweight.

Look at Timothy Bradley, he is still searching for respect even though he beat the best pound for pound guy in boxing.

Rigo did not get that respect from many boxing fans out there.
    Last edited by spade; 04-14-2013 at 07:10 AM.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We don't need clown in boxing mate, he better be in circus and not in boxing. Even in Donaire's loss, he is still the best prospect at 130 than Rigo at any category.
    You are content to still overrate Donaire and his leapfroggn division jibber jabber. He has to strip himself down mentally, physically and be humble before he does shit at 126 +. Rigo crafted a blueprint and schooled him

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How did you all have the fight, so far ive collected over 40 press scores who have a variety of scores.

I had it closer than man scoring for Rigondeaux 115-113
    Hidden Content

collecting scores from the best boxing sites and forums

Thread Information