Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    You've got to hand it to Rigondeaux. The smalle rguy was by far the better boxer. His chin stood up to being knocked down as well. Not the greatest action fight to watch but a great boxing match.
    Rigon isn't someone i'd like to see fight again, if for no other reason then that mouthful of gold teeth is disgusting to look at, and that "jackel" shit is just plain sickening.
    Before tonight Arum was saying if Donaire wins he would fight Juan Ma next in PR. But now Rigondeaux won who the hell does either guy fight next? Can't see HBO paying for a rematch. From a Top Rank promotional point of view the wrong guy won tonight. It's going to be interesting to see who these guys fight next if Arum can't sell HBO the rematch.
    Donaire is moving to featherweight w/o a doubt. Rigo could go for Romero for the triple plate and then try to get the final Wbc trinket.[/B][/B]

and become the most pathetic undisputed jr. featherweight champion of the world.
    Not bad for just clowning the 5,6 ranked p4p fighter in the world eh. Wonder what Donaire will be doing

We don't need clown in boxing mate, he better be in circus and not in boxing. Even in Donaire's loss, he is still the best prospect at 130 than Rigo at any category.
    You are content to still overrate Donaire and his leapfroggn division jibber jabber. He has to strip himself down mentally, physically and be humble before he does shit at 126 +. Rigo crafted a blueprint and schooled him

How come when a good boxer lost he became overrated. He fought the best there is in the division, give him credit for that and not bad-mouthing him. Hell, those press people who gave him Boxer of the Year Award was never wrong. Do you?

Like i said, being a champion, he must earn respect. Bradley did not get when he beats Pac, and so does Rigo.
    Hidden Content
    RIP, Crazy Samurai. Thank you for your Drumming.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Donaire vs. Rigondeaux - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Look I cant even comment on this fight anymore. No personal offense but anyone who scored this 114/113 or 115/113 needs to have their heads examined. Seriously unbelievable.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You've got to hand it to Rigondeaux. The smalle rguy was by far the better boxer. His chin stood up to being knocked down as well. Not the greatest action fight to watch but a great boxing match.
    Rigon isn't someone i'd like to see fight again, if for no other reason then that mouthful of gold teeth is disgusting to look at, and that "jackel" shit is just plain sickening.
    Before tonight Arum was saying if Donaire wins he would fight Juan Ma next in PR. But now Rigondeaux won who the hell does either guy fight next? Can't see HBO paying for a rematch. From a Top Rank promotional point of view the wrong guy won tonight. It's going to be interesting to see who these guys fight next if Arum can't sell HBO the rematch.
    Donaire is moving to featherweight w/o a doubt. Rigo could go for Romero for the triple plate and then try to get the final Wbc trinket.[/B][/B]

and become the most pathetic undisputed jr. featherweight champion of the world.
    Not bad for just clowning the 5,6 ranked p4p fighter in the world eh. Wonder what Donaire will be doing

We don't need clown in boxing mate, he better be in circus and not in boxing. Even in Donaire's loss, he is still the best prospect at 130 than Rigo at any category.
    What are you talking about. Clowning? He boxed his ears off. He dominated him in front of the whole world. How is Donaire even rated in this book you carry at 130? And if he does what makes him a prospect and not a contender? And what of 126? He is a little tubby I'll give you that.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah but if Donaire would have done the same thing he would have been the best Jr featherweight since Gomez right? End justifies the means kind of thing.

There are times when boxers are not in their best form, Rios did not match his intensity with his first fight with Alvarado, JuanMa did not change tactics with Salido the second time around. JMM looks like a puppy when he fought with PBF but none of these matters because they were there taking the risk.

It's not the best Donaire who fought tonight but we cannot put him down because he lost to a cyclist and a clown like Rigo. He can still come up big at Featherweight.

Look at Timothy Bradley, he is still searching for respect even though he beat the best pound for pound guy in boxing.

Rigo did not get that respect from many boxing fans out there.
    Cop out. He got his ass kicked from pillar to post by the better fighter. Define boxing fan cause I have been watching this sport for 45 years and I know what I witnessed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What are you talking about. Clowning? He boxed his ears off. He dominated him in front of the whole world. How is Donaire even rated in this book you carry at 130? And if he does what makes him a prospect and not a contender? And what of 126? He is a little tubby I'll give you that.

You call that fight domination? Hell, what do you think of Mike Tyson beating the hell of all heavyweights during his time!!.

Is this a definition of domination?

Then i retire in this world of boxing if that is a domination in your vocabulary.

I have seen countless fight even Thunder Gatti would be shaking his head with you in disgust.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The better fighter with the better footwork and cleaner landing shots got the win. It wasn't domination but it was certainly a fight that Rigondeaux deserved the decision in clearly.

LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i like donaire, but he fought like a dumbass tonight!!! he looked bad!!! props to julie ledermans score, at she knows whats up....

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How can anyone continue to call it 'the sweet science' if they cant see and appreciate great footwork?
    I'd probably give up watching too.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You do know the greatest boxer of all time once won a round clean without throwing one shot dont you?

This was far from that; evade and catch was the most of what was going on, there was some moments of total disengagement, but they didnt last very long.

Honestly I recon some people allow what they dislike to dominate what they see by their feelings and some allow what they like to dominate how they feel and what they then can see.

Those Filipino fans that were booing,were booing cause they wanted a phone booth style fight their larger stronger fighter could win. Not cause they know or appreciate good boxing,those fans were enjoying it.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah but if Donaire would have done the same thing he would have been the best Jr featherweight since Gomez right? End justifies the means kind of thing.

There are times when boxers are not in their best form, Rios did not match his intensity with his first fight with Alvarado, JuanMa did not change tactics with Salido the second time around. JMM looks like a puppy when he fought with PBF but none of these matters because they were there taking the risk.

It's not the best Donaire who fought tonight but we cannot put him down because he lost to a cyclist and a clown like Rigo. He can still come up big at Featherweight.

Look at Timothy Bradley, he is still searching for respect even though he beat the best pound for pound guy in boxing.

Yeah he did. He just got it from the ones count. Which is why you aren't giving him any. This is a perfect example of one who is not a boxing fan. But a Donaire groupie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post

Yeah he did. He just got it from the ones count. Which is why you aren't giving him any. This is a perfect example of one who is not a boxing fan. But a Donaire groupie

A definition of Groupie from Webster:

"A groupie is a person who seeks emotional and sexual intimacy with a musician or other celebrity or public figure. The term groupie is derived from group, in reference to a musical group,[1] but the word is also used in a more general sense, especially in casual conversation, to mean a particular kind of female fan assumed to be more interested in sex with rock stars than in their music.[2]"

This is not even applicable in here, it's boxing, i am not female nor a Filipino so i don't know what you are talking about. I am voicing my opinion on what there for us to digest.

Donaire still has a better career as a loser than Rigo as a winner, Bradley will concur with me
    Last edited by spade; 04-14-2013 at 09:19 AM.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look I cant even comment on this fight anymore. No personal offense but anyone who scored this 114/113 or 115/113 needs to have their heads examined. Seriously unbelievable.
    THIS.

It was very similar to a Bernard Hopkins schooling, but with more footwork. Few punches thrown per round, but the ones that landed were clean and significant like the one that busted up Donaire's eye in the 12th. VERY clear win for Rigondeuax.

Gutsy effort by Donaire, but he looked a lil outta shape and just had no clue how to fight someone who is FASTER than he is.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Donaire won the fight for me, the fight was not a classic and I do not want to see a rematch because it will be the same chess match. Donaire controlled the fight and dictated it for me, with the knock down I thought he had it in the bag even with the bad last round.

The arena was nice.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Donaire won the fight for me, the fight was not a classic and I do not want to see a rematch because it will be the same chess match. Donaire controlled the fight and dictated it for me, with the knock down I thought he had it in the bag even with the bad last round.

The arena was nice.
    The arena was nice, the whole production was a tight ship with not to many frills very enjoyable.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Donaire is a good fighter but i find him bit overrated i mean he was ranked so high off just one top win forever and did nothing for a along time. I fell Donaire kinda got exposed and his lack of adapting was pretty apparent. As far a Rigondeaux i guess he deserves what is said about him after to nights lesson.

Thread Information