Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
People here seem pretty clueless about how much skills transfer from Amateur to pro boxing, hence why most of the best ever pros have had good amateur careers. Considering that Rigondeaux is in my opinion the best amateur boxer ever I think he will give anyone in the pros a good fight.

Im picking Donaire to win this by KO but I would not be suprised if Rigo won.
He is the best counter puncher i have seen in a long time and if he connects a few big shots early Donaire could start getting scared to throw.

Another thing i find strange with comments here is talking of level of opponents. Donaire hasnt fought that many brilliant fighters. Arce, Nishioka, Mathubela, Montiel are all good fighters but none i would consider great. Vasquez just got beaten by an unknown Jap who had heart but was nothing special. I think Rigo would beat any of these fighters too.

I dont care who wins and just hope its a great fight
@Silkeyjoe -Right, just in case Rigon wins, that way you won't have to eat as much crow.

An American from Texas walks into a bar in Ireland, he spots a beautiful girl setting at a table, goes over and introduces himself, and offers to buy her a pint. She accepts the offer and the Texan exclaims: You must be Irish, because my penis is Dublin.