Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smile Billy Joe Saunders

Is it just me, or does anyone else here think Billy is vastly over-rated? I know he's a young lad but he seems to have one serious stamina problem that first came to light in his fight with Gary Boulden, then again against Nick Blackwell. And he didn't exactly sparkle last time out against a blown up Light-Middle in Matthew Hall.

There talking up European and World titles for him in the not too distant future and IMO he will get found wanting.

What does everyone else think?

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Billy Joe Saunders

Both Billy Joe Saunders and Tyson Fury are great ,
    at doing driveways.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Both Billy Joe Saunders and Tyson Fury are great ,
    at doing driveways.
    I agree my son.

Chris Eubank does Saunders.

Price does fury.

We seems to be bugging up the wrong fighters in the UK.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've always admired the Brits for the way they stand behind their fighters, but I've also noticed the way they hammer them if they don't live up to their expectations.
    Billy Joe Saunders is undefeated, but you are already telling him he's wasting everybody's time. I don't know anything about Saunders but I do know that if someone is told the same thing over and over, they will begin to believe it.
    Saunders is young, let him lose before you tell him he should start 'doing driveways'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice one been k od i am not a fan of saunders to be honest but i wish him luck.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really like him, but worry he is a bit lazy and doesn't have the power to compete with the very best.

Still young though.

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saunders is leagues above Fury, very fast hands and some nice skills, but not sure he is able to hit hard enough to make it stick in the upper level of the pro game. Seems a down to earth kid with none of the blarney that Fury spurts or any of that Plastic Paddy nonsense. I wish him luck but not sure he can get past the other Brits at his weight. Domestically and Internationally the scene is packed with talent at middleweight.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

John Ryder will beat Billy Joe Saunders when they get it on.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Billy is a good fighter but do not think he will become a world champion. He does not puch hard enough to command the respect of world class fighters.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Billy is a good fighter but do not think he will become a world champion. He does not puch hard enough to command the respect of world class fighters.
    The same can be said for Fury my friend.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Saunders is leagues above Fury, very fast hands and some nice skills, but not sure he is able to hit hard enough to make it stick in the upper level of the pro game. Seems a down to earth kid with none of the blarney that Fury spurts or any of that Plastic Paddy nonsense. I wish him luck but not sure he can get past the other Brits at his weight. Domestically and Internationally the scene is packed with talent at middleweight.
    Saunders is not leagues above Fury!

Fury is fighting and beating world ranked ex title challengers and looking good and winning comfortably. Saunders is struggling with smaller british journeymen.

Fury might get a crack at Klitschko after his next fight and would stand a genuine chance of winning and would give a better fight than Haye did. If Saunders were offered Chavez Jr, Golovkin or Martinez he would get battered and Eubank would beat him now too.
    Last edited by ross; 04-13-2013 at 08:46 AM.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post

Fury is fighting and beating world ranked ex title challengers and looking good and winning comfortably. Saunders is struggling with smaller british journeymen.

Fury might get a crack at Klitschko after his next fight and would stand a genuine chance of winning and would give a better fight than Haye did. If Saunders were offered Chavez Jr, Golovkin or Martinez he would get battered and Eubank would beat him now too.
    The only thing is Fury is fighting guys a lot smaller then him. When he fights a decent fighter who is as big as him I'd say he gets found out. He doesn't stab a chance against the Klits. Saunders is ok but can't see him going past European level. All the other rates Brit middleweights beat him in my opine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Saunders is leagues above Fury, very fast hands and some nice skills, but not sure he is able to hit hard enough to make it stick in the upper level of the pro game. Seems a down to earth kid with none of the blarney that Fury spurts or any of that Plastic Paddy nonsense. I wish
    him luck but not sure he can get
    past the other Brits at his weight. Domestically and Internationally the scene is packed with talent at middleweight.

Fury is fighting and beating world
    ranked ex title challengers and looking good and winning comfortably. Saunders is struggling with smaller british journeymen.

Fury might get a crack at Klitschko
    after his next fight and would stand
    a genuine chance of winning and would give a better fight than Haye did. If Saunders were offered Chavez Jr, Golovkin or Martinez he would get battered and Eubank would beat him now too.

The only thing is Fury is fighting guys a lot smaller then him. When he fights a decent fighter who is as big as him I'd say he gets found out.
    He doesn't stab a chance against
    the Klits. Saunders is ok but can't see him going past European level. All the other rates Brit middleweights beat him in my opine.

I agree. Funny thing is I saw a conversation Saunders was having on Twitter with Darren Barker, It was before Saunders had won the British title and Martin Murray was still champion. Saunders told Barker he wanted to box Murray for the title and Barker told Saunders he'd beat Murray!!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by deepdaledez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Saunders is leagues above Fury, very fast hands and some nice skills, but not sure he is able to hit hard enough to make it stick in the upper level of the pro game. Seems a down to earth kid with none of the blarney that Fury spurts or any of that Plastic Paddy nonsense. I wish
    him luck but not sure he can get
    past the other Brits at his weight. Domestically and Internationally the scene is packed with talent at middleweight.

Fury is fighting and beating world
    ranked ex title challengers and looking good and winning comfortably. Saunders is struggling with smaller british journeymen.

Fury might get a crack at Klitschko
    after his next fight and would stand
    a genuine chance of winning and would give a better fight than Haye did. If Saunders were offered Chavez Jr, Golovkin or Martinez he would get battered and Eubank would beat him now too.

The only thing is Fury is fighting guys a lot smaller then him. When he fights a decent fighter who is as big as him I'd say he gets found out.
    He doesn't stab a chance against
    the Klits. Saunders is ok but can't see him going past European level. All the other rates Brit middleweights beat him in my opine.

I agree. Funny thing is I saw a conversation Saunders was having on Twitter with Darren Barker, It was before Saunders had won the British title and Martin Murray was still champion. Saunders told Barker he wanted to box Murray for the title and Barker told Saunders he'd beat Murray!!
    Saunders is a better boxer then Murray imo but he lacks stamina, power and maybe heart. I would see Murray stopping him in the latter rounds of a 12 rounder.

Thread Information