Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Anthony joshua

Was reading an article about this talented kid, i think hes going to turn pro... Who with though? I think hes been waying up all his options and will be deciding soon. What impact will he have? I see him doing really well. The heavies are good in britain!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony joshua

Quote Originally Posted by Domiko View Post
    Was reading an article about this talented kid, i think hes going to turn pro... Who with though? I think hes been waying up all his options and will be deciding soon. What impact will he have? I see him doing really well. The heavies are good in britain!
    I'm hoping he does turn pro now. He is talented but very raw at the moment. I think he would learn more now from the Pro ranks and he is still very young for a HW so time is very much on his side.

I expect to see him sign with Matchroom and with Sky's backing I see them being favorite to sign him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Probably will be turning pro, that's probably the reason that Dillian Whyte was handed a 2 year ban by the BBBoC so that he's out the way when Joshua does turn pro. Dillian pasted him in the amateurs and they are scared that he will do it again in the pros without the head guards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah i heard about dillian beating him, its q shame sometimes in boxing its if tour face fits... And dillians doesnt seem to. But i think joshua would beat him now hes very talented.. Does the basics very very well and thats whats lacking nowadays. I do see him sign with matchroom or golden boy perhaps...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah i heard about dillian beating him, its q shame sometimes in boxing its if tour face fits... And dillians doesnt seem to. But i think joshua would beat him now hes very talented.. Does the basics very very well and thats whats lacking nowadays. I do see him sign with matchroom or golden boy perhaps...
    He'd kill Whyte now without a doubt. They were both very inexperienced when they fought but I dont think we need any reminders of who progressed to become the better amateur. I fully expect to see Josh become a very good fighter at least in the pros and anyone who thinks that because he lost to Whyte in the ams he would in the pros should look up other fighters who met as amateurs and pros with different outcomes such as Lennox and Ruddock and Tyson and Tillman. All this is very premature anyway as Josh hasn't even turned pro yet.

I think he'll probably sign with both Matchroom and Golden Boy with the latter taking control of his American interests.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post

He'd kill Whyte now without a doubt. They were both very inexperienced when they fought but I dont think we need any reminders of who
    progressed to become the better
    amateur. I fully expect to see Josh become a very good fighter at least in the pros and anyone who thinks that because he lost to Whyte in the ams he would in the pros should look up other fighters who met as
    amateurs and pros with different
    outcomes such as Lennox and Ruddock and Tyson and Tillman. All this is very premature anyway as Josh hasn't even turned pro yet.

I think he'll probably sign with both
    Matchroom and Golden Boy with the latter taking control of his American
    interests.
    Dillian got told he wasn't allowed to box in the amateurs after he had beaten Joshua! He went over to Sweden and boxed a guy over there, knocked him out and put in a coma for 2 weeks. Joshua and Whyte where due to rematch in the Haringey cup and when he came back to the UK he told his amateur licence had been revoked.

They used the excuse that he wasn't allowed to fight in the amateurs as he had already fought for money from his kick boxing days. They knew he had before the licensed him. Just basically shit there pants that Dillian would batter him again.

He's got Joshua's number and they know it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seems a bit conspiracy theory to me mate... But if its true its pretty crap cris carslaw was a world kickboxing champ or something like that and he got his amateur licence. I was set to fight him in my 2nd fight till my coach found that out. I still wanted to but probably just as well we didnt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seems a bit conspiracy theory to me mate... But if its true its pretty crap cris carslaw was a world kickboxing champ or something like that and he got his amateur licence. I was set to fight him in my 2nd fight till my coach found that out. I still wanted to but probably just as well we didnt
    Well that's what I think anyway. Dillian was too strong then and will be again. I genuinely believe he can go all the way to the top. I actually had a chat about him with David Haye when I met him. He said he believes he was the best prospect at heavyweight in Britain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He did have a bit of talent shame he got caught up witg this doping incident... A question for you i take it ur from london. Good boxing club for an 11 year old novice? And a 27 year old.... Experienced novice

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he said he wanted another run at the Olympics in Brazil. A World Championship here or there along the way won't hurt either. No rush... he is only 19/20.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He may wait for the Olympics but think he should turn pro. He is very level headed and articulate. He could be another Lennox Lewis.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He still got beaten by the cuban..sorry, but true.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    He may wait for the Olympics but think he should turn pro. He is very level headed and articulate. He could be another Lennox Lewis.
    He started late. I think his size gave him an advantage in the am's. But he should wait a while. See if he feels the Olympics buzz again. He has way more upsdie than Audley did after Audley won, so let's see how this works out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He did have a bit of talent shame he got caught up witg this doping incident... A question for you i take it ur from london. Good boxing club for an 11 year old novice? And a 27 year old.... Experienced novice
    I'm from Manchester mate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No probs mate.

Thread Information