Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Austin Trout - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Austin Trout - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    It was a good fight.
    Sulaiman got his wish and got away with murder.
    Open scoring is shameful.
    I now join the mob who wants prizefights involving Mexicans prohibited in Texas.
    Another black eye for boxing.

End of story.
    Come on @TitoFan , that bad? I mean 118-109 was fucking horrible, but 115-112 didn't seem all that out of line, along with the KD, and Austin said the better man won.

I've seen hometown decisions that were a whole lot worse than that one.

Austin's a gentleman. He shows the kind of class you don't see out of the "Rios'es" of the boxing world. Austin was going to lose by decision no matter what. It was a good fight, no argument there. But he was doomed from the time the fight was moved to Texas, with the open scoring system, and the corrupt judges. The only way he was leaving with his belts would've been by knockout.
    Just saying bro, 115-112 & 116-111 didn't seen all that "corrupt", i've seen worse, granted 118-109 needs to be investigated, but it wasn't a robbery as far as Alvarez winning. I really don't think Trout would have said he lost to "the better man" if he didn't halfway believe it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Austin Trout - Saturday night fight/chat thread

It was a good fight.
    I now join the mob who wants prizefights involving Mexicans prohibited in Texas.

End of story.
    Come on @TitoFan , that bad? I mean 118-109 was fucking horrible, but 115-112 didn't seem all that out of line, along with the KD, and Austin said the better man won.

Austin's a gentleman. He shows the kind of class you don't see out of the "Rios'es" of the boxing world. Austin was going to lose by decision no matter what. It was a good fight, no argument there. But he was doomed from the time the fight was moved to Texas, with the open scoring system, and the corrupt judges. The only way he was leaving with his belts would've been by knockout.
    Just saying bro, 115-112 & 116-111 didn't seen all that "corrupt", i've seen worse, granted 118-109 needs to be investigated, but it wasn't a robbery as far as Alvarez winning. I really don't think Trout would have said he lost to "the better man" if he didn't halfway believe it.

It was a good fight, Mars. Credit to both fighters. But this open scoring bullshit has to end RIGHT NOW. It changes the whole outlook of the fight. And I'm sorry... Texas is a wonderful state. But if they never have another prizefight there ever again... at least one that involves Sulaiman and his proteges... it'll be too soon. It's still obvious to me that Trout was either going to win by KO, or lose the decision.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bcollins View Post

One knock down is not all he did. He hurt Trout at least 4 other times and avoided most of his punches. Trout threw more and missed more. He never once came close to hurting Alvarez. You like claiming you ain't bias but you clearly showing you are. Cuz you were gonna bitch no matter what. I bet you actually scored the KD round 10-9 instead of 10-8 huh?
    You could at least make an argument for it - Trout came back strong after that.
    Coming forward and missing doesn't make it a 10-9 round. He tried to make it one. But what did he actually land to make it one? To many people influenced by the commentators as a oppose to what's in front of them

Even with a 10-8 round, the scoring was atrocious. Of course I don't expect you to see it that way. You're as biased as they come. You're also blind as a bat, not recognizing corruption when it's right in front of your face. And to think you like to accuse people of not knowing shit about boxing. I find a lot of fucking irony in that.
    118-109 was bullshit. I said that from the start. The right guy still won. You rather focus on the bullshit to avoid giving Alvarez his just due. It's that simple.

To use another one of your favorite phrases: "It's a sad day in boxing."
    It sure was for you. First Abner shows his heart pumps lemonade like his cousin and than the guy you're praying for to beat Alvarez loses legit. I can see why you're going to bed heart broken

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One knock down is not all he did. He hurt Trout at least 4 other times and avoided most of his punches. Trout threw more and missed more. He never once came close to hurting Alvarez. You like claiming you ain't bias but you clearly showing you are. Cuz you were gonna bitch no matter what. I bet you actually scored the KD round 10-9 instead of 10-8 huh?
    Coming forward and missing doesn't make it a 10-9 round. He tried to make it one. But what did he actually land to make it one? To many people influenced by the commentators as a oppose to what's in front of them

Even with a 10-8 round, the scoring was atrocious. Of course I don't expect you to see it that way. You're as biased as they come. You're also blind as a bat, not recognizing corruption when it's right in front of your face. And to think you like to accuse people of not knowing shit about boxing. I find a lot of fucking irony in that.
    118-109 was bullshit. I said that from the start. The right guy still won. You rather focus on the bullshit to avoid giving Alvarez his just due. It's that simple.

It sure was for you. First Abner shows his heart pumps lemonade like his cousin and than the guy you're praying for to beat Alvarez loses legit. I can see why you're going to bed heart broken

Like I said, Abner ain't shit. I don't jerk off on local fighters like you do. But you've pretty much shown your true colors again tonight, so it ain't all bad.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like I said, Abner ain't shit. I don't jerk off on local fighters like you do. But you've pretty much shown your true colors again tonight, so it ain't all bad.
    Of course he ain't shit. It's why he quit and never even tried to get up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a good fight, Mars. Credit to both fighters. But this open scoring bullshit has to end RIGHT NOW. It changes the whole outlook of the fight. And I'm sorry... Texas is a wonderful state. But if they never have another prizefight there ever again... at least one that involves Sulaiman and his proteges... it'll be too soon. It's still obvious to me that Trout was either going to win by KO, or lose the decision.
    So why would the scoring go against the American in Texas and be fixed in favor of a Mexican? I don't understand
    Last edited by KickMuck; 04-21-2013 at 05:56 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    I don't have a problem with the decision, throw rocks at me.
    The decision or the scores?
    The decision, and/or Alvarez winning, obviously however the asshole who scored it 118-109 was on somebody's payroll.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It happens. Even to fishnet-wearing superstars who quit on their stools.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a good fight.

End of story.

If he would have hurt Alvarez, even once, I could agree with you.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post

If he would have hurt Alvarez, even once, I could agree with you.

I see your point, beenKOed. But boxing is still about effective aggresion and landing more punches. Alvarez had some huge lapses where he just let Trout swing away... and not all punches missed. But credit to Alvarez for slipping a lot of those punches also.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a good fight.

End of story.

It's hard to figure, the Texas boxing commission must be run by corrupt Mexicans, I mean 118-109, how can they let this pass without an investigation? And i'm ashamed as a Texan, to say this kinda shit happens all the time in here. I agree that open scoring is bullshit, mainly because it can change the game plan for both fighters and have an unfair influence on the outcome of the fight.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It happens. Even to fishnet-wearing superstars who quit on their stools.

Shhhhh.....
    Is that the sound of crickets I hear chirping from the ghetto?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by KickMuck View Post
    So why would the scoring go against the American in Texas and be fixed in favor of a Mexican? I don't understand
    Because Mexican's and Mex-Americans pretty much control boxing in Texas, and Alvarez has a huge fan base here, Trout on the other-hand does not. ( even though he was born in Texas)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had it 114-113 Alvarez. The KD made the difference

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by gest12645 View Post
    I had it 114-113 Alvarez. The KD made the difference
    You know I'm fine with that. The fact that Trout needed a ko to win on the open corner scoring at rd 8 and behind that far makes me want to barf. As in puke. Trout lost the first 3 rounds on the way to the ring. He was losing a fight that he was winning obviously in the first 6 rounds. Explain that to me. At rd 8 he needed a ko to win. Explain that?

Thread Information