Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Austin Trout - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Austin Trout - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gest12645 View Post
    I had it 114-113 Alvarez. The KD made the difference
    You know I'm fine with that. The fact that Trout needed a ko to win on the open corner scoring at rd 8 and behind that far makes me want to barf. As in puke. Trout lost the first 3 rounds on the way to the ring. He was losing a fight that he was winning obviously in the first 6 rounds. Explain that to me. At rd 8 he needed a ko to win. Explain that?
    They give the scores out after four and eight rounds so after four rounds Trout knew he needed a KO. That changed the whole fight as Trout had to be more aggressive and take more risks. If they'd scored the fight honestly Alvarez would have been the guy who had to take risks from the fifth round onwards and Trout could have just sat back and countered him all night.

It was the WBA judge with the ridiculous scorecard as well.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Austin Trout - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gest12645 View Post
    I had it 114-113 Alvarez. The KD made the difference
    You know I'm fine with that. The fact that Trout needed a ko to win on the open corner scoring at rd 8 and behind that far makes me want to barf. As in puke. Trout lost the first 3 rounds on the way to the ring. He was losing a fight that he was winning obviously in the first 6 rounds. Explain that to me. At rd 8 he needed a ko to win. Explain that?
    They give the scores out after four and eight rounds so after four rounds Trout knew he needed a KO. That changed the whole fight as Trout had to be more aggressive and take more risks. If they'd scored the fight honestly Alvarez would have been the guy who had to take risks from the fifth round onwards and Trout could have just sat back and countered him all night.

It was the WBA judge with the ridiculous scorecard as well.
    That is supposed to be part of the intent but after 8 and being told of the mountain to climb while him thinking he's in a close fight would be devastating to the psyche. Christodoulou is for sale by the highest bidder whether he's a card carrying Wba member or not. The 118/109 card would seem to sustain that even if you don't take some of his other bad decisions into account. Close fight.

Anyway its over but it left a bad taste cause it looked so dam predetermined. The entire process but hey life goes on.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey, this is my first post. I have been checking out the forum quite a bit. Good learning for a casual
    Spectator like myself. As far as this fight it seemed like Canello was a different fighter than some previous fights I have seen. Certainly different when facing a talented opponent. Not as dominant. I think Canello will continue to improve and be in a top spot but I really think this fight could have been a draw. As others have said some of those scores were ridiculous. Trouts words after the fight showed true humility. Nice to see. Almost balances things out with Adrian Broners mouth.
    Last edited by walrus; 04-23-2013 at 01:22 AM.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had it 114-113 with the knock down making the difference as it would have been a draw. It was not a great fight more misses than punches actually landing.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I did not hear the scores during the Saul v Trout fight
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information