Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Austin Trout - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Austin Trout - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Word is that the Austin Camp is complaning about the judges and have said: "Either they changes the judges or there wont be a fight"
    Of fuck, that's all we need, a fight called off at the last minute, the weigh-in is tomorrow, I guess we'll find out then.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Austin Trout - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Word is that the Austin Camp is complaning about the judges and have said: "Either they changes the judges or there wont be a fight"
    Of fuck, that's all we need, a fight called off at the last minute, the weigh-in is tomorrow, I guess we'll find out then.
    Swear Alvarez is cursed with signed fights falling apart Really though I can't see anything coming of it. I don't think Trout did himself any favors when he didn't raise a hand when they cancelled the first date and moved it to TX. He sounded like he was just glad to be there and THAT was the time to voice concerns.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Swear Alvarez is cursed with signed fights falling apart Really though I can't see anything coming of it. I don't think Trout did himself any favors when he didn't raise a hand when they cancelled the first date and moved it to TX. He sounded like he was just glad to be there and THAT was the time to voice concerns.
    I don't either, it's too close to fight time, which is only 48 hours away, gotta wonder though if Trout isn't getting cold feet about fighting in Texas.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't either, it's too close to fight time, which is only 48 hours away, gotta wonder though if Trout isn't getting cold feet about fighting in Texas.
    I would It was pretty shitty the way they just shifted things, didn't pass the smell test. He, more so camp, should have spoke up.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would It was pretty shitty the way they just shifted things, didn't pass the smell test. He, more so camp, should have spoke up.
    Don't they choose judges not too long after the fight gets signed? Why wait so long to start complaining.
    Anyway, the fight will go on, you can bet on that. I don't think the Cotto fight is going to prepare Trout for what he's going to face in Alvarez, Katy bar the door., Cinnamon boy is going to let it all hang out.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Told you this fix was in. I believe I may have said that Austin would need to shot him to get the decision.

Are you ready.......Lawrence freakin Cole is the ref and the judges are all WBC home boys. Stanley Christodoulou, Rey Danseco and Oren Schellenberger.

Its bullshit and I wont blame Trout for pulling out. The moment Alvarez crowds him Cole will call the tko. Its pathetic and Jose was practically cheering for Alvarez at the press conference. Still cant figure out how the WBA has stayed silent here.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can try and say Alvarez hasn't fought anyone, but the version of Cotto, Trout fought, wasn't any better then the version of Mosley, Canelo fought. Point being, Trout's record and/or competition as a Jr. Middleweight isn't better then Canelo's.

Canelo is young, strong, and he ain't a shot version of Cotto. Trout is going to have his hands full keeping the fully energized Alvarez off of him.
    I believe Alvarez wins a fair & square UD or takes Trout out in one of mid to late rounds.
    Come on my man, the Delvin Rodriguez that Trout fought is better than anyone on Canelo's ledger at the time Canelo faced them. The Cotto that fought Trout and Mayweather is better than the Shane that fought Canelo.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now, Mars, what I will say is that Lara and Molina have better resumes at 154 than either of Canelo or Trout, but I rate Trout's wins over Cotto and Rodriguez better than Canelo's win over Shane.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    A lot of knowledgeable boxing guys are taking Trout in this one with the consensus being his style is horrible for Alvarez. I also read today that Trout met with Sualimon and he was told it would be scored fairly. Stranger things have happened.

Yesterday I met @NoDoubtTrout and had a talk, he is such a nice man. I promised him neutrality in ring official's decisions if the bout goes
    If Sulaiman said it it must be true.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Told you this fix was in. I believe I may have said that Austin would need to shot him to get the decision.

Are you ready.......Lawrence freakin Cole is the ref and the judges are all WBC home boys. Stanley Christodoulou, Rey Danseco and Oren Schellenberger.

Its bullshit and I wont blame Trout for pulling out. The moment Alvarez crowds him Cole will call the tko. Its pathetic and Jose was practically cheering for Alvarez at the press conference. Still cant figure out how the WBA has stayed silent here.
    No Gale Van Hoy? Maybe they can bring Duane Ford in from Vegas to make it fair.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

Eh, I don't believe Alvarez will need any help from the judges or the ref, Austin is going to get his ass kicked.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    You can try and say Alvarez hasn't fought anyone, but the version of Cotto, Trout fought, wasn't any better then the version of Mosley, Canelo fought. Point being, Trout's record and/or competition as a Jr. Middleweight isn't better then Canelo's.

Canelo is young, strong, and he ain't a shot version of Cotto. Trout is going to have his hands full keeping the fully energized Alvarez off of him.
    I believe Alvarez wins a fair & square UD or takes Trout out in one of mid to late rounds.
    Come on my man, the Delvin Rodriguez that Trout fought is better than anyone on Canelo's ledger at the time Canelo faced them. The Cotto that fought Trout and Mayweather is better than the Shane that fought Canelo.
    @Rantcatrat - I don't get why some of you aren't giving Canelo more credit for what he's accomplished, or why you believe Trout's competition has been so much better. Listen to brother Mars, he knows his shit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Any links to the weigh in?
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This just keeps getting weirder. Now an arrest warrant has been issued for Alvarez over the Solis incident.

Canelo Alvarez Reportedly Issued Arrest Warrant by Police in Mexico | Bleacher Report

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both cam in at around 153 but Trout looks quite a bit more muscular than Canelo, Trout may very well be the stronger man in the rind tomorrow.

Its gonna be a war!
    The key is Self-discipline.

Thread Information