Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Austin Trout - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Share/Bookmark

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Austin Trout - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    You can try and say Alvarez hasn't fought anyone, but the version of Cotto, Trout fought, wasn't any better then the version of Mosley, Canelo fought. Point being, Trout's record and/or competition as a Jr. Middleweight isn't better then Canelo's.

Canelo is young, strong, and he ain't a shot version of Cotto. Trout is going to have his hands full keeping the fully energized Alvarez off of him.
    I believe Alvarez wins a fair & square UD or takes Trout out in one of mid to late rounds.
    Shane has not let his hands go since he sliced up Margarito and has been a questionable 154 pound fighter since he won the second Oscar fight. Imo Trout beat a better version of Cotto then Alvarez did in Shane. And if Cotto is so used up why was Alvarez licking his chops hoping to meet Cotto following a win over Trout. Trout kinda derailed those plans.

In addition Alvarez has had 42 fights to Trouts 26 and since winning the youth welter title and moving up to 154 has not fought one legit 154 pounder let alone a prime one save Rhodes.

I have never said that this would be an easy fight but that Trout will most likely win and lose on the cards. This to me is one of these situations where although the coddling leads to an impressive record on paper it hurts you when a real test comes along. If I'm wrong then hats off to Alvarez.
    Last edited by IamInuit; 04-18-2013 at 05:30 PM.

Thread Information