Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 2 bombs go off at Boston Marathon

Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    I leaning domestic as well. That explosion isn't what I'd expect from a foreign backed group. There are 16 year old kids in Baghdad that could make a better IED than that.
    didn't look big enough - but then again the meaning of terror is....

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That looked reminiscent of some left over TNT. When size is of the essence (fit inside a backpack) you go with C4/SEMTEX. 25+ pounds of it will cause fatal internal injuries in a 100m radius. With the explosion emanating from that alcove 20 pounds would have obliterated everyone in that screen. I'm pretty sure they were shooting for body count and just are sub-par terrorists. Hard to imagine there are any dumb ones left.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    ....at least nobody had a gun
    Clutching at straws much? Is there anything that you want try and hijack because you think that it somehow proves a cague political agenda?

People have been killed, maimed, debilitated and had their lives irreversibly changed you're seriously after another aimless gun control argument?

Pathetic.
    Think about it #1 Bombs are illegal yet GASP a terrorist used a few #2 If that's what is coming to my backyard then somebody is going to catch some lead
    highly unlikely based on every other country round the world who has had to deal with this kind of thing
    Every other country is full of pussies

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know what point El tried to make and he's right fundamentally. If some sick fuck wants to off a bunch of people he could probably do it with a cast iron frying pan. A gun changes nothing here. The sicko probably used a cell phone from miles away. A teacher carrying a gun may have stopped the gimp at the school or nutbar from Colorado but it kinda begs the question..what kind of society do you want? Fuck the politics. Any society where the individual feels it necessary to carry a gun and where teachers have a need to carry one in grade school is unworthy of its population.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    That looked reminiscent of some left over TNT. When size is of the essence (fit inside a backpack) you go with C4/SEMTEX. 25+ pounds of it will cause fatal internal injuries in a 100m radius. With the explosion emanating from that alcove 20 pounds would have obliterated everyone in that screen. I'm pretty sure they were shooting for body count and just are sub-par terrorists. Hard to imagine there are any dumb ones left.
    I've heard them say 50ft. It looks on screen less than that.
    Technical question. If the device is placed inside a metal bin - this would effect the explosion? (thickness of bin/material) In terms of funnelling it up or out?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    ....at least nobody had a gun
    Clutching at straws much? Is there anything that you want try and hijack because you think that it somehow proves a cague political agenda?

People have been killed, maimed, debilitated and had their lives irreversibly changed you're seriously after another aimless gun control argument?

Pathetic.
    Think about it #1 Bombs are illegal yet GASP a terrorist used a few #2 If that's what is coming to my backyard then somebody is going to catch some lead
    Improvised explosive device. The clue is in the name... If manufactured bombs were as easy to buy as guns then bombings would be more common? Bombings like this happen rarely in the US over the course of a decade, shootings happen daily. (That might have something to do with the legaility of firearms?)

More people were murdered in the USA yesterday with firearms than the number of deaths caused by the Boston Bombings.

There really is little to no correlation or relation between the two, as I have said - The fact that you're so hysterical and highly strung over gun control that it takes precident over the tragedy caused to innocent people by a bombing is pathetic and disgusting.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My hunch is that it was a disgruntled US citizen that did this. You can imagine someone watching too much Fox news in an isolated ranch somewhere with a deranged lion in the garden doing circles in a cage. And then cometh the man cometh the hour.

It's horrible really and I feel bad that it happened. I know America is politically deranged and bombing people for no obvious reason, but even then ordinary people themselves have no choice. Just as you don't support Obama being an international terrorist, you cannot sit there and say this bombing was justified either.

Mind you, everyday more people are killed by firearms and this kind of thing happens much worse in places that we would much rather now ignore despite have spun a whirlpool of death.

Everything is relative and though a tragedy for those involved, the world will look on and say 'What are they whining about....Did they forget what they did to us?'.

Lyle is wrong. Obama is responsible for the people he has killed, but he didn't exactly order this. The people who made the decisions here are responsible and they should be found and held to account in a court of law. None of this macho Bin Laden crap and to actually compile evidence and try these people.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    My hunch is that it was a disgruntled US citizen that did this. You can imagine someone watching too much Fox news in an isolated ranch somewhere with a deranged lion in the garden doing circles in a cage. And then cometh the man cometh the hour.

It's horrible really and I feel bad that it happened. I know America is politically deranged and bombing people for no obvious reason, but even then ordinary people themselves have no choice. Just as you don't support Obama being an international terrorist, you cannot sit there and say this bombing was justified either.

Mind you, everyday more people are killed by firearms and this kind of thing happens much worse in places that we would much rather now ignore despite have spun a whirlpool of death.

Everything is relative and though a tragedy for those involved, the world will look on and say 'What are they whining about....Did they forget what they did to us?'.

Lyle is wrong. Obama is responsible for the people he has killed, but he didn't exactly order this. The people who made the decisions here are responsible and they should be found and held to account in a court of law. None of this macho Bin Laden crap and to actually compile evidence and try these people.
    Fuck you miles! Just the other day you HOPED for a bombing in the US.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

True that, and on that basis I am probably more responsible for it than Obama, though I imagine my true influence being a miniscule fraction of a percentage somewhat down there with the existence of God and garden dwelling fairies. That makes you very off the mark on the old Obama count.

Don't be so sensitive, Lyle. Your actual elected governments do this kind of thing to countries all around the world. It should be no surprise when actual citizens start the copycat behaviour.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    True that, and on that basis I am probably more responsible for it than Obama, though I imagine my true influence being a miniscule fraction of a percentage somewhat down there with the existence of God and garden dwelling fairies. That makes you very off the mark on the old Obama count.

Don't be so sensitive, Lyle. Your actual elected governments do this kind of thing to countries all around the world. It should be no surprise when actual citizens start the copycat behaviour.
    Go away

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Okay, tally ho.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wonder if its got anything to do with North Korea or we will be told it has by the USA ...?

Strange how these things (9-11) seem to happen to America when they are on the verge of war

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Wonder if its got anything to do with North Korea or we will be told it has by the USA ...?

Strange how these things (9-11) seem to happen to America when they are on the verge of war
    Don't tell me you're one of those morons that believes this is some False Flag staged event. Obama doesn't want more war (so he says) and he certainly doesn't want to give people the idea that "Perhaps we need to arm ourselves" given his stance on gun control. So I'm going to go ahead and say you're a loon and cocaine has eaten up your brain.

El Kabong Guest

“Let me ask you about domestic terrorism as a category. Normally, domestic terrorists, people tend to be on the far right, well that’s not a good category, just extremists, let’s call them that. Do they advertise after they do something like this? Do they try to get credit as a group or do they just hate America so much or its politics or its government that they just want to do the damage, they don’t care if they get public credit, if you will?” - Chris Matthews MSNBC

(sigh)....good old MSNBC on the cutting edge of moronic comments (though, truth be told Alex Jones has his dumbass tweets as well)

El Kabong Guest

“Let me ask you about domestic terrorism as a category. Normally, domestic terrorists, people tend to be on the far right, well that’s not a good category, just extremists, let’s call them that. Do they advertise after they do something like this? Do they try to get credit as a group or do they just hate America so much or its politics or its government that they just want to do the damage, they don’t care if they get public credit, if you will?” - Chris Matthews MSNBC

(sigh)....good old MSNBC on the cutting edge of moronic comments (though, truth be told Alex Jones has his dumbass tweets as well)
    Matthews is not alone in this suggestion that the bombing may have been a "domestic right wing radical"

Luke Russert, Charles P. Pierce, Michael Moore, etc have all implied as much in recent tweets & columns. Reminds me of the attempted Times Square bomber, the shooting of Gabby Giffords, and James Holmes shooting up the movie theater in Colorado.....these media folks who are SUPPOSED to inform their readers, but this shows a crazy bias and is hurtful to political discussions going forward and creates resentment...especially when the left cozies up to people like Bill Ayers

Thread Information