Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Carson Jones to Devon Alexander: Step up to the plate!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Carson Jones to Devon Alexander: Step up to the plate!

Oklahoma City, OK (April 16, 2013) – In an age where fighters build their records up by partaking in gross mismatches, Oklahoma City based welterweight contender “Mr.” Carson Jones is a boxing rarity.

The youthful but experienced 26-year-old began his career without true direction, taking a number of early losses against world class opposition. Since March 2009, Jones has an excellent 18-2-1 record with 13 wins by knockout. Along the way, Jones, whose overall professional ledger is 34-9-3 (24 KO’s), steamrolled previously unbeaten knockout king Tyrone Brunson, 2000 Olympic Silver Medalist Ricardo Williams, welterweight contender Said Ouali and former title challenger Michael Clark.

In July 2012, Jones lost a hotly contested majority decision in the hometown of Kell Brook in one of the best fights during that calendar year. Dubbed as “Special K” due to his diverse talents, Brook dominated all 27 of his opponents up to that point. Against Jones, a bruised and bloodied Brook survived a number of rough moments and never considered a rematch.

Fast forward to 2013, where Brook found himself pitted against IBF welterweight champion Devon Alexander; or so we thought. The two were scheduled to fight on multiple occasions, with each man pulling out of the fight due to an injury. On Saturday, May 18, Brook-Alexander was finally scheduled to take place on Showtime, but Brook suffered another injury that forced him to withdraw, leaving the champion without an opponent.

“I know a lot of guys are calling out Alexander and I can’t blame them,” said Jones, the IBF’s 7th rated contender. “But how many of them have been through hell in a gasoline suit? Which one of them went overseas and got the short end of a decision against a fighter that is considered one of boxing’s next bright stars? Can anybody else out there vying for this fight claim to have faced the level of opposition I have? The answer is no.”

Jones also believes that his fan-friendly style would make for a great fight and a bout with Alexander would produce two winners; Carson Jones and the spectators.

“After Alexander’s sleep-induced fight with Randall Bailey, I think the boxing world needs an exciting fight. I do not run from my opponents. Unlike Bailey, I will cut the ring off and force him to fight my fight just like Tim Bradley did. Alexander’s known as Devon “The Great” but does his name mean anything? If he’s true to his moniker and wants to show how great he his, all Team Alexander has to do send me a contract and see me in the ring on May 18!”

Jones is currently in training with the hopes of facing Alexander or another top welterweight in the immediate future.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carson Jones to Devon Alexander: Step up to the plate!

Lol Brook is probably going to get removed as Devons mandatory and probably be forced to fight an eliminator. Perhaps Carson can get in on that.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jones was impressive against Brook but theres no way he won

impressive performance, definately not a hotly contested decision
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Jones was impressive against Brook but theres no way he won

impressive performance, definately not a hotly contested decision
    Agree with that pal.

Whats the deal with Carson Jones, I genuinely think he would give anyone a run for the money at 147 without question. Skills and tough as hell.... Why does he sit out so much?? He's like a better version of Lamont Peterson in my eyes i think....

I might even take a gamble that at some stage when Khan is at 147, that they take a fight with Jones and regret it.... Ha

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wtf? After his draw against Dean Byrne?

He stunk the place out.

In my book, he need to have a few more toughies before he even considers talking to a world champion.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is Kell’s problem he literally cannot step up to the plate as he has a foot injury. Do you not understand.

That fight would make sense for Carson to fight Devon, why not let it happen? Kell is injured Devon needs to earn a living and Carson is ready willing and able.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The IBF have now ordered Devon to fight #3 Kevin Bizier as the Brook fight is officially done and Bizier is the highest available contender for his mandatory defense.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    The IBF have now ordered Devon to fight #3 Kevin Bizier as the Brook fight is officially done and Bizier is the highest available contender for his mandatory defense.
    makes sense I guess, guy has to earn a living.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information