Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I LIKE Tyson Fury- but Arreola, Jennings and/or Wilder STARCHES HIM!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I LIKE Tyson Fury- but Arreola, Jennings and/or Wilder STARCHES HIM!

Fury does come n in shape, he wouldnt do 12 rounds otherwise. Yes Price was offered the fight and yes he is tough. He got dropped but got back up to win by KO both times.

Ali got dropped by Henry Cooper who was 185lbs! Imagine if Cunningham had caught him! They were both at the same stage in their careers.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I LIKE Tyson Fury- but Arreola, Jennings and/or Wilder STARCHES HIM!

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Fury does come n in shape, he wouldnt do 12 rounds otherwise. Yes Price was offered the fight and yes he is tough. He got dropped but got back up to win by KO both times.

Ali got dropped by Henry Cooper who was 185lbs! Imagine if Cunningham had caught him! They were both at the same stage in their careers.
    Im sorry mate but ur a fucking idiot , u persist to talk about alltime greats as a comparison to Fury ?
    you are a joke .
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are a thick cunt and an ugly sulky one to boot. Just fuck off.

Fury got dropepd by a 110lb world class fighter. Ali got dropped by a 185lb british champ. Which is worse?

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury got dropepd by a 110lb world class fighter. Ali got dropped by a 185lb british champ. Which is worse?
    I would ay that is worse.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post

I would ay that is worse.
    Ok yes that would be worse

Fact of the matter is Henry Cooper who was never world class nearly Put Alis lights out, he was gone! He had to have the interval lengthened to recuperate against a 185lb british level fighter.
    Fury got dropped by a 210lb fighter who is world class and was world champ and got up and continued to fight through the same round. If the round hadnt ebded when it did for Ali, he would have had a loss.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just to further piss on stupid theory ,
    Clay was 22lbs heavier than Cooper , Fury was 44lbs heavier than Cunningham.

Clay was 6'3 Cooper was 6'1

Fury is 6'9 Cunningham was 6'2

which is the bigger advantage ?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cooper was never world class.

Fury cant help the size he is, he can only fight other heavies that are willing to fight him.
    Last edited by ross; 04-22-2013 at 12:14 PM.

El Kabong Guest

Fury is now primed for a loss. I think it would be very interesting if he fought Stiverne who can bang with the best of them.

El Kabong Guest

Cunningham landed cleanly and if he had ANY power Fury never would have gotten back up

El Kabong Guest

That was probably as hard as Cunningham could punch and just about as clean as he could land. If that's Price, Arreola, Stiverne, Povetkin (maybe), Haye, Wilder, Jennings, Pulev, Helenius, even Seth Mitchell, or any other true heavyweight with any bit of power, then Tyson Fury gets a 1 in the Loss column.

Tyson Fury is a fighter, he's gutsy, but he's not smart and that will catch up to him quickly

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

That was probably as hard as Cunningham could punch and just about as clean as he could land. If that's Price, Arreola, Stiverne, Povetkin (maybe), Haye, Wilder, Jennings, Pulev, Helenius, even Seth Mitchell, or any other true heavyweight with any bit of power, then Tyson Fury gets a 1 in the Loss column.

Tyson Fury is a fighter, he's gutsy, but he's not smart and that will catch up to him quickly
    I watched this fight and I saw this coming....

How fury didn't I will never know, it's so telegraphed.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lets be fair.

Although Fury has faced good competition it wasnt great. Cunningham may be a small heavyweight but he is a heavyweight none the less and he is tough, never stopped and should have got the decision against Adamek.

Cunningham is probably the most capable, world class fighter that Fury has faced and he went in there full of himself and almost dismissed Cunningham because of his size. He has learnt a lesson that any fight from now on he cant afford to fuck around. He still did a job. These are the sorts of things we should be saying about Price, that he got up, regrouped and came back to win by KO but Price doesnt have Furys toughness or desire. Prices opponent came in in apalling shape and still did that. Cunningham came in great shape and off arguably his best career showing.

My point is, I think Fury underestimated Cunningham because he wasnt perceived as a puncher (although as someone pointed out earlier, he has something like a 50% KO ratio but given that hes been facing world class fighters from about his 15th fight that isnt bad) and the size advantage. You cant blame Fury for being too big, this is the heavyweight division and Mike Tyson fought and won with bigger heaight differences than this one.

Just look at how differently he fought Johnson. He saw Johnson as a bigger threat than Cunningham. He will improve on this.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lets be fair.

Although Fury has faced good competition it wasnt great. Cunningham may be a small heavyweight but he is a heavyweight none the less and he is tough, never stopped and should have got the decision against Adamek.

Cunningham is probably the most capable, world class fighter that Fury has faced and he went in there full of himself and almost dismissed Cunningham because of his size. He has learnt a lesson that any fight from now on he cant afford to fuck around. He still did a job. These are the sorts of things we should be saying about Price, that he got up, regrouped and came back to win by KO but Price doesnt have Furys toughness or desire. Prices opponent came in in apalling shape and still did that. Cunningham came in great shape and off arguably his best career showing.

My point is, I think Fury underestimated Cunningham because he wasnt perceived as a puncher (although as someone pointed out earlier, he has something like a 50% KO ratio but given that hes been facing world class fighters from about his 15th fight that isnt bad) and the size advantage. You cant blame Fury for being too big, this is the heavyweight division and Mike Tyson fought and won with bigger heaight differences than this one.

Just look at how differently he fought Johnson. He saw Johnson as a bigger threat than Cunningham. He will improve on this.
    You're a retard.

Price was up against one of the top Heavyweights, a genuine HW with genuine power, Tompson has more KOs than fury has fights.

And you wanna compare those two fights?

When Fury ejaculates do you spit or swallow?
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    You're a retard.

Price was up against one of the top Heavyweights, a genuine HW with genuine power, Tompson has more KOs than fury has fights.

And you wanna compare those two fights?

When Fury ejaculates do you spit or swallow?
    He defends anyone named Tyson

Fury has some skill, but he's not a smart fighter and as I've said before it will catch up with him. Tyson talks a bunch of shit and he put himself in a situation where he almost lost. The scores of the fight 56-56 and 55-57 twice in favor of Cunningham. Yes, yes the knock out was nice, but come on, would Cunningham beat many of the top 10 heavyweights? He didn't even have power as a cruiserweight much less as a heavyweight. Tyson Fury is a decent heavyweight but he's flawed...the fact he speaks like he's unbeatable should have some alarm bells ringing, he's got a ton of stuff to work on. Wlad would take him to school, no doubt in my mind about that and the power punchers ought to be licking their chops for a shot at him. I think Adamek would have a great chance even...Jonathan Banks would have a good shot too.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ahahhaha thats brilliant !

well i dont think fury is that great and once he starts fighting the guys at the top of teh heavyweight division i tihnk he will lose... but he has improved a lot in the last 2 years(i tihnk).. who knows maybe he can get even better... although i am not so sure.. he did seem to throw a fair amount of punches and rough up cunningham well... he looked a bit tired but he was still in good condition from the looks of it... I dont think he is anywhere close to deserving a world titlefight yet though... i think get him in with some guys like eddie chambers and deontay wilder and see who gets t fight for the title

Thread Information